Mexico's Football Related Random Thoughts Thread - Volumen Cincuenta Dos

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

And the guy is 18. He's as good a prospect as anybody we have now and I just criticize the fact that we loss it and a lot of the things were "Mexican Americans are never good" was the answer. If a Mexican player scored in SPS and got two assist people would be spazzing as the US fans will be doing soon (maybe not as bad).

Don Boppero 3000, Kaney and chiva_guero repped this.
  2. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    No mames...seriously you’re PR.

Stick to beisbol...smh. You’re as bad as those mexispazzos on Twitter.

AMLO2018, Sanchito and Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  3. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    I don't disagree

I'm just highlighting the extreme knee jerk reactions that fans have after 1 game.

4. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It's funny that I went from defending rooting for Honduras against the US to being a spazzo because some moron can distinguish that Ricardo Pepi chossing the US doesn't mean he's automatically not a great prospect.

And I'm as Puerto Rican as you all are american.

Don Boppero 3000, Kaney and Colima24 repped this.
  5. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Don't feed the troll, Rafa, usted tranquilo.

6. Plutarco Elias Calles

Atletico San Pancho
    Mexico
    Sep 4, 2021
    I thought it was common knowledge that Pepi was the go to prospect? Regardless, I don't think this was a ******** up by the FMF sounds like he picked the nads. Good luck to him, aver como le va if he hits a rough streak or makes a serious mistake. Them spazzos only like minorities when they perform for them.

ShockMaster, sidspaceman, DGreat and 7 others repped this.
  7. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Lol @ some moron thinking all these posters are us citizens when many including myself were born in Mexico and live in Mexico.

8. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    lmaooo you know you’re on the wrong side when your siding with that guy :ROFLMAO::D:thumbsup:

Sanchito and Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  9. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I had heard good things about him for a while and unfortunately not as great from Efrain Alvarez although I'm still a fan. The main thing is his age. Plus Passy is good and unlike Pepe del Bosque, not a spazzo fan. That being said, he still a prospect abd I'm also against writing off the ones that did pick us like Ochoa and Araujo because of the CONCACAF Championship.

Serg33 repped this.
  10. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol, all this hype surrounding Pepsi

I’ve lost track of how many young players the Nads have hyped up after a few good performances against CONCACAF sides and they’ve amounted to nothing in the long run

ShockMaster, sidspaceman, Kaney and 9 others repped this.
  11. Plutarco Elias Calles

Atletico San Pancho
    Mexico
    Sep 4, 2021
    Could easily be another Break Shea

ShockMaster, sidspaceman, Kaney and 6 others repped this.
  12. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    The FMF did well (not so Chima Ruiz), I'm more so the response from many sides that "he wasn't good enough" and more importantly the "we should go after Mexican americans because they never pay off".

13. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    @ them bruh...@Rafa te hablan.

Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  14. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    I agree with you...

Kaney and chiva_guero repped this.
  15. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When did I take sides with him? All's I said was to not let your xenophobia get to him.

Lyrical S., sidspaceman and Kaney repped this.
  16. Plutarco Elias Calles

Atletico San Pancho
    Mexico
    Sep 4, 2021
    That's unfortunately the mentality of many Mexicans in México. Some of them legit call Mexican Americans gringos. They treat them on par with naturalizados. Despite all of that the FMF tried with Pepi we can't promise him a wc spot like the nads probably did.

sidspaceman repped this.
  17. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    I’ve stated my open confusion about the zero-sum MexAm situation lately

It’s like everyone forgets how the media can be

these people write stories. They need stories

We know they’ll write the sky is falling and a pot of. gold is at the end of some rainbow

that doesn’t mean we need to actually bunker down on some narrow point of view vis a vis someone’s background

don’t let pervasive insidious clickbait influence our actual perspectives and assessments

for me, I absolutely treasure all the stories that highlight immigration issues especially regarding the US

I idealistically think these stories change peoples brains about how they think about national identity and belonging

Well they can

I mean they could

I wish they would

It doesn’t fine but I said ‘idealistically’

18. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Pero hazlo entender.

Exactly...we’re not at the point where we need to promise an unproven prospect a starting spot on the team.

19. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    CBS had a whole ass segment about choosing the other side (Mex) even though the player was born in the US.....A WHOLE ASS SEGMENT....

Will it ease the traitor narrative of most USMNT fans....no....but....at least a network is trying to create something that won't vilify those who pick one NT over the other

chiva_guero, sidspaceman, DGreat and 4 others repped this.
  20. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It's a problem and it could definitely hurt Mexico. Same thing with Marcelo Flores and Canada. It is what it is that and people can't accept that some things are like that so a player like Flores will have Canada and Mexico over it and a guy like Rodrigo Huescas can only play for Mexico so they get priority because no country can cap Huescas anytime soon and Canada is competing with Mexico for Flores. It just is what it is.

21. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I think Wiso is over at CBS.

22. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    When he said he produced a segment at CBS and then I saw that....I knew it was him.

Other networks don't have that conversation

23. chiva_guero

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    The media isn’t likely to frame a useful narrative around the fluidity of national identity

we’re really relying on it marginally resonating as a thought exercise for people already inclined to open their aperture

but plenty of people are interested in world football so it’s an opportunity

national competitions are supposed to highlight the false construct of national identity

that we’re all humans playing by the same rules and executing against the same tactical strategic schemes - effectively

We’re preaching to the choir and hoping to amplify our net promoter score

24. chiva_guero

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    dope

25. Plutarco Elias Calles

Atletico San Pancho
    Mexico
    Sep 4, 2021
    I agree that we need to get the best prospects. Mexico doesn't have the advantage of having a large multi ethnic pool of potential talent. Mexicans in Mexico need to understand that and be more welcoming to "foreign" players aka members of the dispora. However, we also can't beg and make promises. The only thing we can do is get rid of the idiot coaches at the youth level. BTW I don't think Marcelo Flores is going to Canada. I'm sure he wants to make the WC for sure every 4 years. The nads are a bigger threat because they are close to our level and are willing to beg.

sidspaceman and Hecho en Chivas repped this.