Mexico vs Guatemala [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by El Sabio, Nov 8, 2004.

1. nergserg

nergserg Member

Jan 15, 2004
    SoCal
    More importantly, has anybody found a picture of that chick they kept showing?

2. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah seriosuly. she was hot. really hot. she has a nice pair of....ummm....you know what ;) and she wasn't wearing a bra :D

3. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI
    I thought the game was very good. Maybe this was mostly because of the ambientazo inside the alamodome. Even with only what 25k or so (upper deck was empty, but lower was fullish), it was loud . This was of course largely because of the dome properties but anyway, the fan support was pretty good.

But the reactions for the goals were awesome and again very loud. I was behind the goal for Osorno's and Medina's and Osorno took his very well, as did Medina. A little dissapointed Santana didn't hit his opportunity first time (even though it was a bad angle), instead of trapping it an attempting the chip.

Munoz looked very secure and confident and was telling the defenders what to do, which is a important quality for a GK to have, authoritativeness with the defense.

Medina looked good, and very fast in real life.

I was really dissapointed with Lavolpe starting Olalde (30) instead of the futrue promesa Santana (even tho hes what 25 already). Olalde was unimpressive to me and underwhelming in his time on the ball. That was a stupid decision.

But check this out. After the game me and my bro went down to the River Walk to get a bite to eat. By the way the atmosphere outside the stadium and on the streets was really great and festive. Anyway we stopped at this decent place called "The Republic of Texas", where they served burgers and Tex-Mex food, etc...

In a cursory fashion, I noticed 4 guys sit down about 30 minutes four guys come to sit down at a table 2 away. Not really paying attention I was looking around as I ate and I saw a face I'm so used to seeing on TV and on websites.

It was Ricardo Lavolpe, in person, with 3 of his buddies. Don't think they were coaching staff, and none were players. Lavolpe was doing his typical smoking and plus drinking chelas. Ordering more. The funny thing is no one but me and my bro had any idea who this guy was, and I'm sure thats a plus everytime these guys (or players) come up to the US is that chance of being recognized goes way down.

So when we finished we approached hom to ask his autograph, which he gave, and shook his hand. He looked a little dissapointed in truth to be recognized and singled out, but hey, I didn't care. At this point many posters on this board probably would have wanted me to A.) Tell him his team selections suck B.) Ask him if Hugo would be a good Tri DT C.) Ask if he has any other daughters and/or D.) punch him in the nose.

Instead I just wished the team good luck in the Hex and left. Its funny cause as soon as we approahed he knew he'd been found out, and he knew the drill for siging.

4. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I just thought about this...Dick Cheney has a lesbian daughter...I think you meant Kerry or Edwards

5. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thats a cool story Sabio...when I read that it was lavolpe I thought...well its a good thing it wasnt one of the Lavolpe haters that met him or they might have punched him in the face- and then I read what you said...

6. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

Tecos,

Do you know any of us in person? No? Oh............ OK.

7. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I meant to write....any of the lavolpe haters would have thought about punching him in the face ( or told him off or something of the sort)...I know none of you would actually hit him. Your dumb leva, but not that dumb

8. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    I actually wouldn't have bothered him kiddo.

9. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    !!!!!

Levante is right. We probably would either conduct ourselves in an appropriate manner (DYK? Team Bocon is very well mannered) or not bother him at all.

Personally, I'm a media whore. I'd probably shake his hand and then hate myself later.

But I'm non-confrontational.

Unless provoked.

Cruz Candelaria: I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Paco Aguilar: Sh!t... I break hearts and faces, vato.

10. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca

Mediocre MFL keeping 1- MLS Goalscoring might 0

11. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI
    I said "wanted me to", as in: want to, but not do.

C'mon it was a joke, I should've put a :D or ;)

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    HAHAHAHAHA

dude, i saw some of the highlights of the greatest game in MLS history between DC and NE, and (maybe this is just me) but the goal keeping was poor.

One of the goals, did you see how the keeper GAVE the first post to the forward.

I understand that every behind every goal scored, there is an error, and tactical errors are fine. But giving away the 1st post? Thats not a tactical error, thats a brain fart.

13. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yeah, Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbian, yet he supports a Constitutional ban on gay marriage....that's the joke, he sells out his own family for a republican ploy to get W elected. Lame joke anyway.

As for the Tri, it was a victory they really had no excuse not to get. I think Guatemala may be very disappointing in the Hexagonal.

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Indeed one of Mexicos most promising players :)

Olalde is getting a last chance try out before the Hex starts so i imagine Lavolpe isnt sold on Santana yet. He still has Bautista and Omar Bravo on the list. What i would like to see is if he will field Borgetti and Kikin Fonseca at the same time ? Will he want two center forwards playing at the same time..

15. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    > Mexico won, A. Medina from Chivas scored, Daniel Osorno from Atlas scored. 3 reasons i was happy that day :cool: <

16. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Little Fish is not the scoring mighty this year. The honor belongs two US players--Ching and Eddie Johnson. Eddie Johnson at 20 already scored 4 goals for World Cup Qualifier. You guys will see him later in Hex against Mexico.

17. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah i notice everyone jumping on the EJ bandwagon after that one game. Just remember McBride plays in Europe so he has to be waaaaaaaay better than EJ right?, ya know, EJ is just on the Dallas Cowboys errrr I mean Burn.

18. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca

Ahhh the heck with this lets have it out

EJ Vs Kikin... First one to 10 Goal vs St Kitts wins.

19. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    EJ was invited along with Quaranta by Manchester United after U-17 WYC. The reason that he didn't break due to his personal problems and also he still in a crappy team. He is the first US player that has a linebacker build in NFL. Strong, tall and fast, and with foot skill. In Panama game, two of his goals that McBride made run first, but he got there to finish clinically. McBride is a good player but as a target guy he wasn't strong enough to held the defenders. In contrast, Ching, Casey and Cooper who are closing or over 200 pounds that defenders will bounch back at them.