Mexico vs El Salvador (R)

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Crazy_Yank, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was shocked to see this result. I can't believe El Salvador actually beat Mexico. El Salvador is usually a horrible side. I think this result will actually help the US. Now they won't take El Salvador lightly. It was also a nice way for Cienfuegos to go out.

2. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    I watched the game and El Salvador has improved a lot since the last Gold Cup. This will not be another 4 goal US win.

3. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was very impressed by El Salvador's GK, Juan Gomez. He made excellent saves which just plain out impressed me. The individual skills have improved a lot and I'd have to agree with BERT, El Salvador will be more difficult this time around than last year when they face the US this weekend. If the game against Mexico was any indication, then the game against the US should be an entertaining game as well.

4. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I agree. They hustled against the Mexicans and really did an excellent job. I think that we'll get a good game and will have to be sharp and hungry, like we were against Paraguay, to get the win.

Plus, we have to finish better.

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    the usual pushing and shirt holding will do! that new guy, cory gibbs (sp) has learned quick to adjust to the rest of antics teached by arena and cia.

usians are way more physical and no ref in boston/foxboro will stop that! Walk type of game for the future meeting

6. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They looked nothing like the side that the US played in November of 2002. In that game, El Salvador looked nervous and lacked a good offensive build-up. Against Mexico the other day....wow. They were confident on the ball and attacked well. Plus their goalkeeper made some fine saves.

7. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their keeper played well against the US too.

8. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    great game. I love the way el salvador plays which is practical soccer no complicated tactics or the like.

It gave the people of El Salvador a great joy to win and with a great performance in the farewell game of Cienfuegos (beating Mexico is the biggest joy for central american teams)

Mexico is known for bullying central american teams and taking them lightly and they did the same in this game and got beat.

9. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It still remains to be seen if this match was a fluke of if El Salvador is for real. It could just be a one off because Mexico played like crap. It could be a sign of things to come. I guess we'll find out on Saturday.

10. Concacaf

Concacaf New Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Nürnberg, Germany
    U guys are reading too much into that game. Just a note on the comment about the difference between the ES game vs USA and this game.. when other teams from Concacaf play Mexico they always raise their level of play.

Its like when any national team play Brazil. Mexico is the big daddy in Concacaf and the team everyone wants to beat.

11. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mexico WAS the Big Daddy, 'cause lately it's been USA all over! :)

12. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    True that but it still doesnt take away from the fact that in the TFC beating the US is just a good win but beating Mexico is cause for Celebration..

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    why wait until saturday, tonite they play vs guatemala in Houston

lets see what they got.... vs paraguay was very little

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    nice to see El Salvador winning, but USA play a different style of game, long balls, very physical, I will be surprise if the USA loses against El Salvador in the Concacaf opening game.

15. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Plays for Aguila, he's 25 and our leader, Paredes gave him the captain's armband!

16. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    [R] ES-Guat

I just returned from the ES-Guat match at Reliant. ES did not look good, of course this is what, there third game in 6 days. Guat looked very good. Guat won 2-1 and really took the play to ES

17. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I guess they're pretty tired!