Mexico takes their B team to Copa Oro

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by edca86, Jul 2, 2005.

1. edca86

edca86 New Member

Jun 17, 2005
    any comments on how they will do??

2. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The only team I think will give us a fight is USA. Other than it, ummmmmmm. campeon.... :D

3. edca86

edca86 New Member

Jun 17, 2005
    I think can beat the stongest teams in the cup with the B team? I hope it happens that way

4. eL SaNcHo 22

eL SaNcHo 22 New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Kenosha, Wi
    isnt the U.S takeing a "b" team ( if they have one) to play in the cup???

5. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    is it really a B team? aern't they taking like 10 players who played copa confederaciones? :confused:

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    lol I think if we don't win champion then we will win 2nd for sure!

7. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I read they are bringing new players, who is coming from the Conf team?

8. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I found it at the other tread, seems like a good team, they should make the final at least.

9. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yea, thats what I was thinking when I read the name of the thread! I believe most of these guys are going to the World Cup. The only key missing players are Oswaldo, Marquez, Ramoncito, Lozano, Pardo, Cuauhtemoc, and Fonseca! I think? That's all I can think of. Well yea, this sure isn't a B team, it's more than a B 1/2 team. :D

10. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Well lets see how Bravo does at the international level.

11. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. AtlasZorritoX4

AtlasZorritoX4 New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    ~NORTHERN CAL14NIA~
    USA
    GK: Marcus Hahnemann (Reading FC/ENG), Kasey Keller (Borussia Moenchengladbach/GER), Matt Reis (New England Revolution);
    DF: Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96/GER), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege/BEL), Eddie Pope (Real Salt Lake), Tony Sanneh (Chicago Fire), Greg Vanney (SC Bastia/FRA);
    MD: Chris Armas (Chicago Fire), DaMarcus Beasley (PSV Eindhoven/NED), Brad Davis (San Jose Earthquakes), Clint Dempsey (New England Revolution), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), John O’Brien (ADO den Haag/NED), Ben Olsen (D.C. United), Steve Ralston (New England Revolution);
    AT: Conor Casey (FSV Mainz/GER), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Patrick Noonan (New England Revolution), Santino Quaranta (D.C. United), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards).
    TD: Bruce ARENA

I dont know! This looks like USA's ''A'' team to me :eek:

13. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    There are some key players missing but it's closer to their full national team than Mexico's team is.

I don't think Mexico's team is a B team.

South Africa's team is a B team. I don't know about Colombia. I think most everyone else is bringing their top teams or close to it.

14. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!

What is a 'B' Team in Mexico anyway? Half of Mexico's starters in the CONFED were basically Unknowns or Promises just 2 years ago....they are players that were discovered by LaVolpe's proceso...and they weren't particularly dominant in Mexican League play. There are dozens of other players who, with the right chance to adapt, could plug into LaVolpe's scheme and raise eyebrows anywhere.

The only two Mexican NT players who are above everyone else, IMO, are Rafa & Temoc. Those two guys are at a different level....but even they are replaceable. So I think of Mexico's A Team as any proven combination of the 40 to 50 players LaVolpe has worked with in the last year & half.

15. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yea, Lavolpe's "proceso" has been good... think about this... if FMF would've named another coach in Lavolpe's spot we could've never seen Salcido, Pineda, Osorio, and any of those guys how they are playing right now... look at this way, these are Lavolpe's key players that were not known before he came into position... who would've thought of these guys in 2002 going to Germany as starters (that is if nothing bad happens):

2. Carlos Salcido
    3. Ricardo Osorio
    4. Gonzalo Pineda
    5. Jaime lozano
    6. Luis Perez
    7. alberto Medina
    8. (hopefully) Loquito Garcia
    9. Kikin Fonseca

I, personally, think Lavolpe has done a GREAT job! His only big mistake was against Brazil in Copa America 2004 and Olympiadas. Everything thing else... as critics would say, TWO THUMBS UP!

16. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm not hating or anything, but too add on that list of yours Fonseca is a bit premature at best. Add to that Fonseca, Lozano, Pineda belong on the list of players Hugo helped along.

17. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    I would think it would be fair to call it "A" team on defense and "B" team on offense.. McBride and Johnson (injured) not being there is obvious..

18. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I remember reading that Pineda had already been called up to the seleccion and that prior to that he wasnt even a starter and didnt play much. So its not Hugo.

19. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    what happened to Tim Howard?

20. AtlasZorritoX4

AtlasZorritoX4 New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    ~NORTHERN CAL14NIA~
    I dont know, doesn't he start for Man. U? Or was that a long time ago...Kasey Keller is hella old!

21. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    No Howard and Caroll were fighting over the right to be the starting keeper. Looks like Caroll won that war because he ended up being the starting keeper for the FA Cup final. From the looks of things though it looks like neither one of the two are going to be starting because of United's purchase of Van der Sar.

22. schmuckatelli

schmuckatelli New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Almost right. Roy Carroll left on Manchester United on a free transfer to West Ham United earlier this summer. Edwin van der Sar appears to be Sir Alex's first choice in goal for Manchester United. Tim Howard will be competing for that job, but will probably not win it unless van der Sar messes up or is injured.

23. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I didn't hear about that one.

24. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    mexico can take it with the B team they have lined up

25. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    There's no doubt in my mind mexico will be in the final. :)

i think it's going to be mexico- USA la final
    damn imagine wut a final that would be. :D