Mexico Referees' Head attacked by club owner

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Pierre Head, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    Lucky Wilbury repped this.
  2. Raider025

Raider025 Member

May 13, 2015
    Well this makes me concerned about higher-ups. Why in the world would you do something this stupid?

3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the wings and burgers are much better in the VIP box??? But seriously, I have to only guess that his presence might have been requested???

4. RedStar91

RedStar91 Member+

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    You are talking about one of the most corrupt and violent countries in the industrialized world. Their former national team had coach got fired for trying to start a fight with a reporter.

I'm not surprised at all.

I'm more surprised that he isn't dead.

The entire country is a cesspool of corruption and disorganization in all aspects of life.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to guess that his assault was "in honor" of preaching what he REALLY believes...

http://thenews.mx/2016/01/violent-deputy-sends-anti-violence-proposal/

Fidel Kuri Grajales, federal deputy of Veracruz, who attacked the head of the National Soccer League arbitration committee, Edgardo Codesal, presented an initiative to promote a culture of peace in sport on Dec. 15, 2015.
    Kuri Grajales, aware that sports events sometimes cause fans’ passions to overflow and result in violence, thought it was necessary to modify the Physical Culture and Sports General Law.

6. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do as I say, not as I do. Great example. This owner needs a huge fine and a ban from attending matches for the balance of the season.

7. Dayton Ref

Dayton Ref Member+

May 3, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    IASocFan repped this.