Mexico Mod - sidspaceman

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Benedict XVI, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I received a forum ban and 7 "violation" points from sidspace man for "Trolling- Extreme" for daring to post in the Chivas forum that

a) I didn't think Ben Olsen was a dirty player

and

b) that not shaking hands and being a good sport after a game is poor sportsmanship.

Essentially, you can't post in the Mexico forum unless you are a Mexico supporter.

What I did wasn't trolling. It was discussion on a soccer board. This is crap. I think some of these guys need a lesson on what trolling is. Sidspaceman's reply in that thread -
    " DC fans if you can't handle the fact that Olsen is a dirty player then do yourself a favor and stay out of this thread."

That's nice moderating. "If you disagree with us, you are a troll and will receive a forum block."

Absolute garbage. I am a former mod and I have been a member of BS for going on 8 years now. This is crap and needs to be dealt with. I wouldn't even say it's sid's fault - this is how a lot of mods define "trolling." Well, disagreement, or people who support other teams posting in a team's forum, is not trolling. This is turning BS into a bunch of little fiefdoms into which nobody can go. I am majorly pissed off and I would like this to be taken away.

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Banning a Pope is a bit of a shock.

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Considering the club you support you can have little case for complaint.

4. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I do have a case. In fact, that is my case. Because that is my exact point. Just posting in the forum does not make trolling. I did not troll.

5. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie...

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My problem with your post is that you called Violationgd a prick. I didn't ban you so if you're banned then someone else did it.

7. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    A DC fan complaining of heavy handed moderating...priceless.

8. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In defense of Sidspaceman I am regular on the Mexico forums and have always been treated with respect by all the mods, including Sid. I am certainly NOT a Mexico supporter. I disagree with people on those boards from time to time and in the aftermath of the latest US-Mexico game there was quite a bit of trolling on those forums. I can only imagine how it got after the latest installment of the champions league.

9. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When it comes to the US and Mexico, trolling definitions depend on the team you support. The PC factor is very high.

10. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    you can get banned from a forum by just calling someone a prick now? :eek:

p.u.s.s.i.e.s

11. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ditto here.

And I admit to toeing the line. (Mainly 'cuz I don't back down from fights.)

I've made Sid's job much, much harder, so I gots to give him props. Never once received an official warning. And I'm pretty aggressive.

12. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Perndog neg-rep'ed me for this post in which I compliment Sid (and by extension all the Mexico mods) for their work in what is a problematic board, given the rivalry btw the US and Mexico.

Which leads me to this:

For anybody familiar w/ DC's boards, they're not exactly "open" to dialogue w/ anybody but DC fans, which is fine. But they're so insular and so protective that when DC fans leave their board, they end up trolling elsewhere, which leads outsiders to come to the DC boards and fight back.

Which leads to further heavy-handed moderating. Which only compounds the problem ad infinitum.

The same thing happens in Mexico's boards to an extent, but NOT b/c of the mods.

It's mainly b/c of the rivalry and the incessant attacks of US trolls. TRUE trolls, not soccer fans of the beautiful game wanting to engage in dialogue.

But there's the phenomenon of Mexican trolls who pick fights throughout BS and then are shockedSHOCKED that their actions bring trolls to their boards.

And that makes Sid's job a lot harder. The Mexico mods have to draw a line.

So Perndog and all you neg-rep addicts: reconsider your trolling behavior inside and outside Mexico's boards if you really want to make your boards as productive as possible. :mad:

13. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Gosh.

On the one hand I come here and defend a Mexican mod. I try to explain to the OP part of the history.

I also try to give an example of what Sid has to deal w/ by pointing out the trolling tendencies of some of the worst Mexican trolls, and how that makes the Mexican mods' jobs harder.

Judging from the comments on neg rep and from pm's, sadly... I think I'm going to have to retract my full endorsement of the Mexico mods.

Somebody has to get their trolls in order, b/c all they do is harass others outside, which brings unwanted attention to the Mexican boards, which affects the dialogue on the boards.

And so when a non-Mexican comes onto a public board, that affects the discourse.

If anybody is interested, I can give them the names of the worst offenders.

14. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Footfetish said it best... and guess who he was talking about: perndog

EDIT: Hey Mexican trolls! Why don't you nut up and join the discussion instead of assaulting me w/ your mindless pm's.

15. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

all you need to do is spare the whining in the Mexico forums and your trolling will stop. I neg repped u cuz you werent bringing a productive discussion to the Mexico forums other than your bitching.. we dont need bitches to make the Mexico forums productive... we need discussions.. not trolling.. just ask other posters there that are US fans and do not get neg repped.. like crazy yank... he doesnt troll nor bitch like you.. like you are doing right now.. stop being a bitch.. then come to the Mexico forums and engage in discussions.. and no.. discussions are not calling us Mexicants either.. in case you are slightly confused..

16. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Check my post history. When was the last time I posted anything in the Mexico boards?

FYI: two separate mods pos rep'ed me, including SID in the very thread linked here.

I got well over a half dozen pos reps in the thread linked alone, plus roughly the same in other threads.

In short, a lot of ppl don't concur w/ your assessment that I add nothing.

You just systematically discard anything any American fan has to say and call it "trolling". No tienes ni la menor idea de que es un troll.

Then I suggest you convert that first person plural ("we") and change it to third person plural ("they"), cuz about the only thing that gets you pos rep is your little neg rep battles w/ Americans.

Try contributing to the conversation, m'kay.

Um. Do you have access to crazy yank's account?

I'm almost positive that crazy yank gets neg rep there. Iirc, he even told me so in a pos rep.

I think I'll let Sid speak to you:

17. Shpongle redded

Shpongle redded Red Card

Mar 26, 2007
    Oh cry me a fukcin river, usa mods are the worst :rolleyes:. They will ban you for saying, i do not support the usa. Just like they locked down their forums when usa got owned in the wc 06. Puh lease, take your crying else where baby.

18. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    10, 9, 8, 7, 6...

19. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dont pretend you didnt go in calling us Mexicants.. which is what started the bitching by you and the other US fans that dared to troll there.. only an idiot wants to start a discussion in the Mexico forums by calling us Mexicants... and thats you little one

20. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well. Here's my first post: A poster says that he isn't going to pay attention to one American writer. I linked a Latino writer and said

My first post; notice how there's no "Mexican'ts"

And then YOU responded w/:

YOU, pern... YOU brought that discussion to the ground.

1. We weren't trolling. YOU were making inflammatory remarks and neg rep'ing US fans who were contributing to the discussion.

Let's look again at what Sid said:

Btw: thanks for proving exactly how YOU make Sid's job harder. This is like stealing candy from a baby.

21. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

LOL.. your post got deleted... read the thread on how sid warns not to use the word Mexicant! hahaha nice try... way to spin things like a republican..

22. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Given your penchant for making shit up, it shouldn't surprise anybody that you're making shit up.

Sid made that comment on the 2nd to LAST page, well after you and the Mexican't trolls started a flame war.

post 79

In addition, no post of mine was deleted, only one was edited.

Candy from babies, pern.

23. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dood.. stop spinning that thread your way.. you know what u did.. I read it before it got deleted.. heres a snippet of a warning that was given to you for what I was talking about..

so dont be an asshole and lie about it

u know what.. screw this.. your gonna lie, thats fine.. you live your world in denial.. but u knew you trolled and I negged repped u for it.. end of story.. you can continue crying like a little bitch on soaking wet diapers and just swallow some pride pills and admit it you are a troll...

24. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ucla, stop acting like a little emo girl.

25. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is where it gets really funny. Again, the Mexican fans act as if they should be able to do whatever they feel like in the US boards. I'd expect that the Mexico mods could lock down their forums to protect the poor innocent Mexico fans, too.