Mexico In MLS

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by tytomkiel, Nov 3, 2004.

1. tytomkiel

tytomkiel Red Card

Feb 12, 2002
    San Diego, Ca
    If the MLS moves San Jose to Texas and changes them to Club America....I would consider MLS one of the most disrepectful and weakest leagues in the world. How could you let our biggest national rival into our domestic league?

2. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    I don't think we have the technology or power as a species at this point to move San Jose to Texas. We could politically decide it is part of Texas, but that wouldn't actually move it down there.

3. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    It's easy: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

To paraphrase Trotsky, there are no enemies in the bank.

4. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Wow. A gadzillion posts on BS over six months about this and this guy suddenly wakes up and realizes that the league is thinking about relocating the Quakes? Truely amazing.

5. hookemhorns25

hookemhorns25 Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Garland, Texas
    On the other hand, the Mexican fan is probably asking Chivas and CA, "How can you invest in the professional league of our biggest national rival? Not only are you pumping capital into a potential rival league to MFL, but you're providing additional roster spots for more US players to develop their skills at a professional level. Don't you remember 0-2???"

6. Brrca Fan redded

Brrca Fan redded Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Chasing Tornadoes.
    Must be the water.

7. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago

Because it will make us a stronger wealthier league!!!!

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disreespectful to who?

How does a team moving dilute the talent level of the league?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As difficult as it would be to move San Jose to Texas, it's even more unlikely that the Earthquakes will be moved there (or even taken over by Club America, for that matter).

-G

10. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago

Uh huh!!! Yeah maybe Sillicon Valley Sports will conjure up another supposed strong interested buyer to come out of the woodwork!!!

11. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    Isn't SSV a bunch of guys that went bust with the dot.coms? didn't they form SSV to make a quick buck? didn't they move and/or buy new cars?

has SJ been had?

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will they have a chance to do that once Club America whisks the Earthquakes away come mid-August... or will it be on Sept. 17th?

-G

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :confused:

14. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do understand the distinction between "Wealthy Mexican investors" and "Mexico," right? Because it isn't really clear that you do.

15. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paint chips: They're not just for breakfast anymore.

16. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't feed the trolls - you're too good a poster for that. Only one on my ignore list and I've been much happier ever since.

17. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago

We will see it in our lifetime, within 15-20 years a super league, of the best MLS and MFL and Canada, playing each other in a North American Premier League. You can see where AEG is going with this a mile away. AEG has taken over the management of Mexcio's national team rights outside of Mexcio. They are inviting teams into MLS and vice versa. I am going to bet anyone on here 100 bucks that AEG will buy a Mexican league team in the next 5 years. Baby steps!! This super league will consist of promotion and relegation. The relegation would be into MLS MFL and CSL respectively.

It makes perfect sense and it is the absolute best thing that could happen to the world of soccer in our hemisphere. Its a natural evolution once MLS expansion is done. Once we get to 18 teams. We could have the top say 4 US and top 4 MFL teams compete for the North American Champions league.
    It would open the floodgates and arms to every single Hispanic fan of soccer on US soil as a fan of MLS soccer here and non Hispanic US fans. The rivalries and synergy potential is almost orgasmic

Ahhhhhh I cant wait. The possibilties and competition would be beautiful.

This is why I welcome with open arms any Mexcion billionare into our league. I would be willing to bet Vegara and Anschutz have talked about this already.

Ciao

18. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WOW. I thought I was the only one who had these thoughts. They were so wild and dreamy, and CRAZY, that ive always kept them to myself.

Its a nice idea, one I largely agree with your points on, but I dont see it happening for quite sometime. Maybe in 20 or so years sure, but MLS has to become an incredible success, and pack its member club's stadia before we see anything like a superleague. I do kind of like the sound of APL (American Permier League) tho. :D

The ONLY way I see this happening though, is if MLS is THE KEY PLAYER in any said superleague. I HIGHTY doubt MLS would set itself up in such a way, to only become the second rate league that teams are relegated TO, unless of course MLS itself, has the lions share of the responsibility/ profits from any said superleague.

19. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Canada?

20. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Re: Mexico In MLS....Trolls???

Who is a troll here?.... whoever disagree with your narrow vision of soccer in USA or for intance whoever is not on the elite list....Or perhaps somebody out of the click brough a subject that you do not like to talk about ??

Patetic....just patetic....

21. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Everybody that care about USA soccer dream of have MLS face any team on the planet and win.....Don't you? For now the mexican league could be a cash cow for MLS teams few games off season could bring all the Mexican fan$ to see few MFL teams to face MLS and harvest few dollars that are really needed to have MLS book on black ink, Hey we do not need to be scare about the open few can of whoop bass

22. Brrca Fan redded

Brrca Fan redded Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Chasing Tornadoes.

I agree with you 100%. I feel like FCC is watching me. A few A**holes here on this site are out of control and they think they own the site. I just renewed my sub with them and paid my $$.
    If you say something bad about MLS they all on you like white on rice, I have season ticket for a major city with a very bad team and bad coach. I have supported MLS from day one and went to NASL games as kid. a few around here don't see that the league has major problems and somehow they have a blind eye to that and if a Mexican team buys into the league We should welcome them with open arms, anything that help US soccer and MLS I am all for it. And here's my # 10 Shirt that I was looking for.

23. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago

I agree, I got booted out of the SanJose the poltical board and DC Uniteds board only for saying stuff that the majority didnt agree with. I pay money to this sight too and its crazy how this sight has been hijacked by a bunch of out of control moderators, aka 34 year old virgins living in their moms basements trying to dictate what MLS needs to do. The pathetic thing is they morons actually think MLS is listening to them. Its a joke. I think we need to begin a protest.

Its such a double standard on some issues its a joke. I hope some of these A-holes realize that they are losing subscription members because of crap like this.

24. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, Stevedm, you were kicked out of the San Jose forum for repeatedly trolling about our team's potential move, and you were kicked out of the Politics forum for calling other people "************s" and "********************s". These things are against the BigSoccer Terms of Service which you signed on to when you paid for your membership.

BigSoccer also loses subscription members because of posters like you.

25. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Go jump into an incinerator.