Mexico beating Argentina???

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Mosco, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Now with out any arrogance or ignorance Do some of you think Mexico really won by hard tough defense or by luck your opinion but please keep it clean! In Copa America-peru Mexico-1 vs Argentina-0???

2. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tough defence and luck, Argentina dominated the game

3. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    mexico beat them well but this argentina wasnt the same argentina as they would of played in a world cup qualifier or in the world cup while mexico had a complete squad, i think just missing marquez.

4. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Mexico got lucky on the free-kick,dont get me wrong it was a golazo but if it wasnt for that I doubt Mexico wouldve won.

5. SoccerFreak

SoccerFreak Member

Oct 18, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Being a huge Argentina fan, after watching that game this summer, I think Mexico played really good defence and absorbed Argentina's attack well. If it wasn't for the free kick, it would've been a 0-0 game.

6. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Wrong my friend, Ricardo "procesos" Lavolpe did have some younger guys on that squad. However, don't get me wrong, I think Mexico should have gone in with a young squad like Argentina or Brazil did. I think Lavolpe took this competition too seriously in terms of winning, I think he should have used it as a way to get some of the younger guys some international experience, what's done is done though. Now back on topic, I think that Argentina was attacking a lot and forced Mexico to defend which is always good but to match that Mexico did not allow Argentina to score. I think it was Oswaldo Sanchez who said "Ya anotaste tus 3 goles y ahora ya no vas a anotar mas" referring to Saviola after his hat trick. The freekick was phenomenal but it was lucky, and if the freekick would not have become a goal I think Mexico and Argentina would have tied just because of Mexico's defence.

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yup, wining by a freekick (very well taken) is proof that the two teams were very evenly matched.....it probably would have been 0 - 0 at FT.

8. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    I agree, i was expecting Mexico to loose or at least draw, i never dream that we would beat Argentina, but it just shows how unpredictable the game is.

and this might be a bit off the subject since is a Argentina section, but why do you guys think mexico lost to Brazil that bad in Copa America??? I think they got too over confident and carried away after the win over Argentina, plus everyone was saying that they were favored to bid Brazil since supposely had a b team just cause Ronaldino wasn't there.

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    very even match

the argie Olympic team had no luck in the last 10 yards of the field, where LAVOLPE had a very strong defense (after the free kick)....a draw on talent, but 1-0 on a well taken kick.

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I will answer Davidpotter Perriera is a great coach from Brazil not only does he know the game he's educated in soccer yeah educated he took a soccer course in Germany along time ago he knows the ins and outs of soccer, not sayin La volpe doesn't know but Perriera is way educated in that field! He studied Mexico more than any other coach has during the time between Brazil and Mexico game, I think Mexico could have used better stradegy and took more time into studying their opponent yeah I agree in a way they got to confident after they won argentina! alot of Mexicos defensive players started to move out of postition which Brazil was intending on them to do! and Sanchez Mexicos goal keeper was way out of the box! Thats a no no you must always remain in the box when the opposing team is on your side of the line!! Also Mexicos offense wasn't spreading the Brazil defense out so that way they could not penatrate properly!?? Thats my opinion!!!??

11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Typical excuse.. u mean Ronaldinho wasent there, neither was Ronaldo, nor Roberto Carlos, o Kaka wasent there either, nor Dida, or Emerson..should i go on? better yet let me stop before i start another argument with you, Argentina where simply unlucky in that Copa thats all.

12. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    What happen with the i wont argue with you crap?
    You just have a big mouth, that's all. Should i go on?

13. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    i think this thread is missing the point. it doesnt matter who woulda-shoulda won back then. The point is Argentina will crush Mexico right now. I say this with caution, because of the addition of Kinkin to Mexican National team. That guy is plain and simply bad-ass. Watch out, not only Argentina, but the rest of the world.

14. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kin Kin is the guy from Pumas right? YEs, he is an incredible player and will help the Mexican team alot. But, it will take alot more than him to defeat teams like Argentina, Brasil, etc. I'm talking about the A teams now not the B or C teams.

15. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I kind agree with you but still it takes more than one guy to be the celestial meaning Argentina what Mexico needs is a very good striker and corner forward and not to mention a really powerful midfielder!!!

16. guitito

guitito New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    North Richland Hills
    I think that when Mexico won Argentina, it was well. Tactically game was well planed.
    However, after that Mexico players and fans was thinking that They were the best in the world, and They were slaped by Brazil and then for another teams in Olympic Games.
    Same situation We have now, after to play with amateur caribean teams in the World Cup Preliminaries.

QUOTE=Mosco]I kind agree with you but still it takes more than one guy to be the celestial meaning Argentina what Mexico needs is a very good striker and corner forward and not to mention a really powerful midfielder!!![/QUOTE]

17. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    You know that game against Brazil I think we could of did a better job by far! Maybe not beat Brazil but maybe lose by no more than two goals!!

18. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
  19. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Do you think USA and Costa Rica are and even swedan are aware of kikin fonseca??? Of what he can do??

20. guitito

guitito New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    North Richland Hills
    I don't like Lavolpe as coach.

Another thing: I think that the nickname for Franscico Fonseca is "Quiquin" and not Kin Kin.

21. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    it's spelled "kikin" in honor of his dead brother. Anyways, i think Lavolpe is a terrible coach and he needs to leave. As for the Mexico vs Argentina game, the freekick was not luck becuase Morales has done that many times before. They played really good defense, Marquez completely shut Saviola down.

22. guitito

guitito New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    North Richland Hills
    Yes, I agree about that game. But any team can win a game over another. The problem was that Lavolpe was thinking that after game Mexico was the best team in the world (many Mexico fans too).

23. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Perhaps Lavolpe wants to save Kikin for confederations cup. I dont know but he most have a really good reason to make such a stupid decition.

and about the Mexico argentina game, we'll probably face them again in the confederatiosn cup assuming both teams make it to the semi finals.

24. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    I didn't think Mexico was the best team in the world because of that one win, but i did expect them to beat Brazil, since there was all this talk about being the B team.

25. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    You say that Lavolpe thought that Mexico was the best in the world, did you hear him say that or something?