Mexican fans thrash new soldier field!

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by lond2345, Oct 15, 2003.

1. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    Mexico 0 - Uruguay 2

mods you can move this to another forum if you wish.

I have never seen anything like it. Now I know what the quake fans were angry at the chivas game for all the trash thrown at the field. (althought it was nothing like what happened today i bet)

They had a shot of the team bench of uruguay from behind (where they sit) and it was all wet with beer and it literally looked like if Chicago was having a rain storm during the game! (and they kept throwing beer at the bench of uruguay so it looked as if it were raining literally)

at the second goal all the players went near the uruguay bench to celebrate and the beer cups started coming down like crazy on them.

The guy that took the corners for uruguay got a shower! and knowing the stories of how mexican fans like to throw urine filled cups...

Yes i know it is sad and awful behavior but it made me laugh so hard that my bladder almost exploded! Im sorry for saying this and yes I know it is disgusting embarrasing behavior.

a uruguayan girl was getting stuff thrown at her, thank God the security guards went there to save her or else i don't know what would have happened to her.

WHAT ABOUT THE MATCH? entertaining game, up and down and lots of effort from the players. Too bad that the incidents is everything that is talked about and not the effort of the players.

any yank fans watch the game on telemundo?

NEW SOLDIER FIELD? NOT ANYMORE! ;)

2. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How the fuck is that funny? Have you ever been at a match like that?

3. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    the reason im posting this is

could this be the end of international soccer in soldier field?

4. dcrpoop

dcrpoop BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 15, 2000
    Hell'sKitchen is my
    F the Mexs.
    Boarders language culture!
    USA!

5. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Preaching the rhetoric of Michael Savage? My god, way to make this country look spectacular.

6. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    im hearing reports that there are incidents going on outside wrigley field. This added to the mexico game makes this a very dangerous night to be in the streets of chicago..

7. FCDarkness

FCDarkness New Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Steelton, PA
    Disgusting

I watched the Uruguay-Mexico friendly on Telemundo tonight and I was appalled. Every time a Uruguay player went to take a corner, he gets a shower of beer cups, some full, some not. The Uruguay bench is getting hammered with thrown objects. Fans in the stands are getting things thrown at them. The field looked like the aftermath of a frat party. Absolutely attrocious behavior. Just another reminder of why I hate Mexican Football and its fans. I'm glad they lost, I'm glad they looked like trash on a stick, and I hope we get to slap them around some more, come Qualifying.

8. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Battle for CONCACAF supremacy, USA vs. Mexico @ Soldier Field. That would be nuts.

Shameful display by Mexican fans, who would expect more? Honestly.... 3rd world and not moving up any time soon.

9. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    would it help if beer were banned from Mexico games? Or should the authorities just raise the prices on anything "throwable"?

10. Koobleye

Koobleye New Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    It's hard to believe that the organizers of these games with Central/South American (and especially, Mexican) teams still don't understand how ugly the fans get. What a poor reflection on this country, that when hosting these events the NACOS(dregs of Mexican society) are allowed to run the show, and to trash the events with impunity! Either stop hosting these things, and spare us the shame of other countries' fans seeing our organizers' pathetic lack of backbone, or start knocking heads together and beat the offenders to a bloody pulp.

Oh, and I second Michael Savage's call for "Borders, Language, Culture". The scary thing is that a bunch of those scumbags throwing garbage at the players and onto the field actually vote (we know for which party!).

11. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if they voted with the majority, asswipe.

12. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    waiting on Various Styles to come in here and justify everything. :)

13. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's stop with the hyperbole. Soldier Field wasnot "trashed."

Starting about the 60th minute, alot of debris was thrown. There were some fights in the stands. But it was not trashed.

Security actually did a decent job.

14. Savage Nation F.C.

Savage Nation F.C. New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Elitest Northeast
    For all you bleeding heart, limp wristed liberals who shake when you hear the call of Micheal Savage for borders, language and culture, try taking you wife, girlfriend or daughter to an international friendly. I brought my girlfriend to USA/El Salvador Gold Cup match in Foxboro and they way that some Salvadorians behaved was a disgrace. She was catcalled and almost pawed not to mention being hit by flying fists or garbage. It was a disgrace. Perhaps women should berkas at intl soccer game vs certain teams. I have seen national teams of Jamaica, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Scotland, Nigeria, Brazil but Mexicans and El Salvorians were the poorest behaved by far

15. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My wife and I have both watched Mexico v. Ireland at Soldier Field, as well as Mexico v. Argentina (which is the real Soldier Field attendance record for soccer, btw, not the WWC match from 1999). We had a great time at both matches, largely because she isn't afraid to be around people with a different skin color while they're having fun.

Other than that, all I can say is that you are the limp-wristed one.

16. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, because the A-holes you encountered at a sporting event are representative of all hispanic people in every day life. Look at that, I just groped a woman right now without realizing it. Hey mamasita *damn* there I go again. I guess I'm just another stupid trogladite mexican who can't control himself.

Let me guess, Rush Limbaugh fan?

17. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    The Salvadorans are the thugs at RFK ever since DC United traded Raul Diaz Arce. They show up when a Salvadoran plays for another team and boo DC United. Drunk as skunks. Urinating all over the place. Biggest boors around, by far.

18. Morpheus1271

Morpheus1271 Member

May 30, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Sorry...Have to chime in here. Mr. Wankler...you can't really believe that those people who were appaulled at the behavior of the Mexican fans are 'afraid' are you? That was clearly the implication of your comment. Please convince me that you aren't that simple-minded.

The plain fact of the matter comes down to R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Respect and Self-Respect. People who have no self-respect cannot respect anyone else or anyone else's feelings or anyone else's property and there is no denying the fact that SOME Mexican fans (not all by any means, just the ones who make it a point to be noticed at matched) have no respect for anything or anyone.

What the rest of the fans are afraid of is not the rowdyness per se, it's the lack of respect because as all people of intelligence know, when someone has no respect for anything or anyone, they also value nothing and no one which therefore translates into a very explosive combination of rowdyness and lack of concern for consequences.

Get a grip Mr. Wankler and the rest of you who think that anyone who was appaulled and has ill feelings toward those Mexican fans is a conservative who wants to close borders and the like.

Open your eyes....you see it, I know you do.

19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My grip is fine. I wasn't talking about all people who are dismayed at rowdy fans (though if you are, go to figure skating instead of international soccer matches), just the original poster, whose post betrays nothing but fear.

When I lived at Clark and Montrose in Chicago, I'd see a$$hole behavior around Wrigley Field on Saturday nights. It was especially disruptive after Cubs games. Funny how no one suggested building a wall around the suburbs. It's that double standard (which is in your post too, Morph) that's idiotic. I would've appreciated having my fellow white people drifting up from Wrigleyville showing my neighborhood enough respect not to pee on our walls.

In short, by singling out a specific group, Mr. Savage looks pretty fearful. That's all I was getting at.

20. tico 12

tico 12 New Member

Mar 19, 2003
    chicago
    My friend said he heard on the Spanish radio why Mexicans were throwing beer on the field. They said it's because beer is an excellent fertilizer for the new turf!
    OK, I know it's wrong but some people don't understand it's just a game.

21. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but can FIFA or CONCACAF fine Mexico for bad mexican crowd behavior? I think UEFA is looking at England and Turkey but I think it would be about time that mexico get fined.

22. michael greene

Oct 31, 2002
    Get Used To It

Preview of every American Chivas game, my friends.

And a preview of every World Cup qualifier featuring Mexico and Central American teams.

And a preview of the target demographic that AEG/MLS/USSF is courting so heavily.

Solution: US fans need to fill the stadiums.

More likely solution: Wear old clothes and rain gear.

23. Savage Nation F.C.

Savage Nation F.C. New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Elitest Northeast
    Dr. Wankler, i'm am not fearful of Mexicans. The thing that makes soccer great is all the different nationalities that compromise the sport. Most that attend matches are well behaved but until fellow supporters stop being apologists for bad behaviour, they will get looked down on. This type of action is not new, the US anthem is often booed in intl matches here in the US. I'm not a big fan of the French, but I would never boo their anthem. The reason for boards like these is for commentary that may not be politically correct but attempts to be honest based on their own personal experiences. If someone doesn't like that they should get their sterilized info from the big 3 networks or the New York Times.

24. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's wrong with the French?

25. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Excellent posts by Michael Greene and Savage Nation. Guys, please ignore Dr. Wankler. In these discussions you are only going to get a lot of race-based insults. I have been at many El Tri games including the infamous Mexico-Argentina game. Such shameful behavior by Mexican fans has nothing to do with skin color, and everything to do with whether Americans can continue to see international soccer at a place like Soldier Field. We have waited so long to have soccer return here. These guys may ruin it for everyone in this town.
    But it is worse than that. Wait until MLS-Chivas visits every MLS venue and the fans behave like that. The small, loyal fan base of MLS will be severely damaged. Lots of people are not going to take their family and friends into a situation like that. It is simply too dangerous.