Mexican clubs to Copa Sudamericana...2005 (r)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by purojogo, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexican clubs to Copa Sudamericana...

Listening to radio reports earlier, this seems to be the case beginning next year

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Re: Mexican clubs to Copa Sudamericana...

they might want to rename the cup

is nothing sacred in conmebol?;)

3. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I told you this was going to happen since last year, and they will rename it, to "Copa Panamericana" ;)

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

yes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ

hate to say it, but my boy from mejico's right...

6. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

wouldn't the last pic imply MLS teams should also be getting into the act? ;)

It's certainly not the scheduling nightmare that Copa Libertadores presents with the distance and all....Maybe the MLS teams that have their own SSS should try it soon.....

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

no, because of the amount of US corps that sponsor the Mexican NT and its clubs and they pay US dollars to the FMF.

8. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004

no one wants to see mls teams.

9. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, I'm sure SA clubs where falling over each other to play Mexican clubs when they first entered the competition years ago.... :rolleyes:

First of all, it was something i said semi-jokingly because:

1. MLS does not have enough stadiums of their own as not to be completely screwed over scheduling.....So it's not something that would happen next year or the next....

2. It's not really about whether people in SA want to see MLS teams, at least not at first...It's far more tempting to see whether BOTH MLS fan and SA fans living in the US would be tempted to watch the old team that they still love play in a meaningful competition.......

3. Examples of cities with high concentration of foreign born Hispanic communities AND MLS teams, as is the case in Northern NJ/NY area, San Jose, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc....do provide ideas of places where there could be some success in the future if the stadium issues are resolved, since many fans would like to see their teams from the homeland. Moreover, having a place where to play makes the idea for investors here less risky

If you want to see data on Latino areas in the US, this is a PDF link:
    http://usa.usembassy.de/etexts/soc/cprforeignbornlatin2000.pdf
    other
    http://usa.usembassy.de/society-hispanics.htm

Again, it's no short term thing, but something that could work out in the future...

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

NO MAMEN! nada bueno dura?

solo billete...

11. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago

So what? "It's the economy, @$$h@L3 !" Bill Clinton ;)

It's not only good CONMEBOL's pocket in the long run. It could be for the teams and the players and the pleasure of the audience that whatch Soccer on tv. If European market is already closed enough, where would you rather see your talented players Russia?, Qatar?, China?(I can't understand the headlines in their newspaper). or screwed in his home team because there isn't anywhere else to go?. If CONMEBOL helps MLS grow and the American audience grows in the experiment and they get to know the name of the players or the talent or the love for the game increases. They will have in a short time enough resources to get the players that we want to watch. There is a win-win situation in the long run. To tell you the truth I want the U$$ for my people. Our players are the finer export products we have :cool: . I can't close my eyes to the most perfect market there is in the world. While there is talent wasted in the favelas of Rio, and Villa Fioritos of Buenos Aires, and just because some dudes keep thinking that their belly button is the center of the world. :mad:
    Stop being soccer snobists. Inclusion will always be better than exclusion.
    "y antes de irme quiero dejarles el mas importante mandamiento de todos: amaos los unos a los otros, como yo los he amado" Jesus. And that my friends in case you did not notice is the real plan of God for our lives... :)

12. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

im not exactly sure what you are on about

13. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University

I see this as a great opportunity for teams to get experienced, i know we are not exactly loved in South America (were not too far above USA on the We-Love-You-Meter) but you can't deny the skill level as being at par with bolivian venezuelan and ecuadorian clubs on a bad day. It will bring the level of competition up in the tournament. My question now would be who goes and how many slots do we get?? would the top 2 on Interliga go to Libertadores and the following few to Panamericana or whatever itll be called?? besides unless Guadalajara goes, the teams will have big name south americans playing. So one question, when would the inclusion begin? '05, '06? I'm excited already! aside from libertadores the only chances for international soccer we get at a club level is CONCACAF champions' cup (cough, cough) and friendlies with Central American and MLS teams (COUGH COUGH)...

14. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University

anyone?

15. danmarce

danmarce Member

May 8, 2004
    Quito, Ecuador

Easy: 0 :D

Well 1 or 2 should be fine, but MLS teams have to fight for that, no team claims respect a team SHULD get (gain, reclaim...) respect, that is why it doesn't matters that mexican teams participate in CONMEBOL tournaments, they can put the money, they can be close (to win), but they are not CONMEBOL teams, never was and never will...

You should wait for some years, if the inclusion comes too eraly that would be terrible for the MLS.

I've noticed that MLS fans are urgent for top level internacional competition, may be in a few years, now if the MLS teams come to SA and play against Boca, America de Cali, Barcelona, Peñarol, LDU or Alianza Lima (you get the idea) in a official match, they will get spanked for sure...

16. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

This is total bvllshit about the mexicans in the Copa Sud.. They Suck and if it wasn't for the Argentine their league would be a joke. Big Fvcking wannabe's. Go play against honduras.

17. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

Try playing Pumas and you'll see how much of a joke we are.

18. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yeah, Puma is a real powerhouse!! Mexico is a disgrace in futbol. Instead of promoting their region, they come down here. Why don't you create another tournament for concacaf?? The Copa Sud was promoted to help countries like Ecuador, Venezuela, Bolivia Etc to get more international play and it's working great.. GO HOME.. That's crap that happened in the Azteca with Big Powerhouse America vs Sao Caetano in Copa Lib was really great. Fvcking embarrassing.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

davidpotter.....are you a fan of Pumas or any mexican team?

20. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002

Man Relax....que te pasa? Argentina has always been the better national team but for the last 4-5 years the Mexican league has been the best league in the Americas...plain and simple. You can see it in the way the way they play. Also, Mexican teams would do really well in the Libertarodores if they didn't get cheated out most of the time....Remember Santos vs. River Plate.

But I don't think Mexican teams should be in the Copa Sudamericana because it would be a waste of time and money. One way or another, the Mexican team would get cheated out.

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

that is a poor theory!

even a worse assesment the comment about the best liga in the americas, la liga the argentina is by many (I repeat Many) miles far better than mexico, then is futebol brazilero. Now, they do have the guita! No question about that.

I will only accept the concept of mexie teams in copa Suramericana, if the invited team doubles the prize ($$$$$) for the finalists of copa Nissan (not surprised if mexican Nissan dealers pitch in) and make sure that the invited team is a recent "liguilla" finalist, to stop the pre-pre libertadores concepts they love to consider every january!

22. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

:rolleyes:

i say forget playing the libertadores. they need us more than we need them... i give it one year before Fox pulls out and you guys are left to pay 30 bucks every time you want to see your team...

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

Libertadores is way too much money for any federation to miss out! Much less for FOX

pal, we are talking copa SURAMERICANA - AKA copa Nissssan

24. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002

Maybe in your opinion it is a poor theory. But it is a poor theory that did not come from me. It has been mentioned many times in different websites and periodicals and when I locate one I will post it. And no, these websites are not from Mexico either. Many Miles ahead....Are you being serious or Biased? I agree that Futebol Brasileiro and la garra de los Argentinos were the best two leagues in the Americas for a long time but people need to see that this is not true anymore. Are the better individually? Perhaps, but we can not keep this biased concept ligering in our minds in more. We need to accept the fact that the Mexican League has become one of the best, if not, the best league in the Americas and it is not just because of the money. I am not Mexican but do enjoy the Mexican League and their concept of league play with the playoffs has started to out distance themselves from the other two named countries.

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

entre colores y sabores no hay obligaciones!