Metrostars Vs. San Jose In-match/ Post Match [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Metro_tico, Oct 5, 2003.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Quakes look a bit more energized now?

2. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    well god forbid anyone touch, let alone be aggressive with waibel, woly was running side by side with him, waibel went down, got up and ran to shove woly, great to see woly not back down though

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Quakes applying more pressure...

4. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    agreed, although if we can stifle that for 10-15 minutes, i think it'll go back to the "scrappy play" we saw most of the first half

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Quakes looking dangerous...... getting chances with set peices....

6. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    PHEW, SJ just had a great chance, i thought osama was going to shoot it but he put it back in the middle to donovan, but he couldnt do much with the pass, it was too strong and also a bit behind him

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Metros triple teaming now..... defensive game for the metros....

8. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the Quakes are the ones getting the chances now. Metros aren't getting the ball down field as much as in the first half. Just a sloppy game overall. Maybe it's the fact that they're playing at that tiny little field.

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    yea, that place is tiny....

10. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    after the ref blew 2 fouls on us, woly got someone pretty good and the ref gave him a yellow

11. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How the hell did they not see the foul on Gaven? Corrales just friggin grabbed his arm then shoved him down. This game could get ugly.

And that prick Waibel was clapping after Woly's yellow. What a punk. He could've gotten another yellow back in the first half in my opinion.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    more scrappy play..... pitch looks a bit dry?

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    the middle seems a bit crowded.... not much room up the sides though....

14. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    this stadium is a joke, how SJ does not win every game with the players they have and the advantage of being used to it, baffles me...right now it seems the players calmed down a bit as far as it not getting too ugly...i'd like to see magee come out now, either a defensive sub or put in ju-slow...SJ subbed in manny lagos, wynalda is convinced this sub is going to have an impact but it hasnt proven to be yet...we've done very well to close on donovan everytime he gets the ball which, most recently by amado (wynalda is heaping praise on amado for getting back on D)

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Metro reject Rodrigo faria is being subbed into the game....

16. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon's a twat.

17. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    i HATE faria...he's so overrated (by anyone that thinks he's at all good)...but him coming in for ekelund, possibly allows donovan to play behind the 2 forwards and perhaps see more of the ball, and with more time...i guess we'll see...

...and guevara just gets clipped by landon, "the golden boy" should've been thrown out (wynalda agrees), amado beat him and got taken down way late...24 touches for landon, zero shots, zero points, F donovan

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    A frustrated Landon Donovon hacks a Metro and gets a yellow card.

Both NYR Metros and Landon Donovon have yellow cards....

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    8 minutes left in regulation...

20. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    jamil walker in for osama...i really think it's time for magee to come on off, he just got called for another foul...ty and eric seem to think we shouldnt change anything...83:17

21. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    finally, ziadie in for magee...faria just got the ball in the box and pope got in front of his shot for a corner...

22. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your wish came true with Ziadie in. Looks like they're just gonna clamp down for the next 5 mins.

What a stupid move by Landon. Looks like he clipped Walker. Stuck an elbow into him. Could've gotten a straight red.

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Donovon runs into Walker.... Walker injured... no yellow for Landon because he is Donovon

24. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    thats BULL$HIT...everyone watching knows it, landon gives jonny a very late elbow on purpose...should've gotten the red, and anyone else would've seen red...it might not have been that hard, but it was uncalled for and you dont take shots at the GK when he comes out...it was not at all close to being 50-50

25. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    awesome, we made faria look completely useless...then we got a jailbreak, they say woly had a tough opportunity, but i think woly shoud've....woooooooooooooooooooooo