Metros pick up Suarez

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by subbuteo, Jun 29, 2005.

1. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Ackala

Ackala New Member

May 17, 2002
    Washington DC
    The metros pick up a defender who gets kicked off the worst team in the league, for behaving poorly and being disrespectful?

Is this a Super club type move?

RETARDED

3. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    behaving poorly? that coach should be training Chivas U-16 team. He is forgetting that MLS is on a much higher level then 10 years ago

4. Mathis is a God

Mathis is a God New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
  5. Ackala

Ackala New Member

May 17, 2002
    Washington DC
    So its the coaches fault?

Regardless the guy is as highly overated as they come.

6. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    i don't want jolley back or suarez on the team. i'd rather have mendes out there

7. Mathis is a God

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    Being overrated apparently doesnt stop this team from wanting Wells, Leitch and Agoos. This is a good move, adds physical presence to a very weak team and he is great in the air, 2 things Agoos needs to improve upon. They have the room, need the depth, why not take this chance?

8. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    No I dont want this guy on the Metro. He is no more than a thug. In spite of the problems Metro have had this year there is nothing to be gained by picking up this guy.

9. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    There is a silver lining, though.

10. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton

Mendes and Supa sittin in the tree.. K I S S I N G....

What has Mendes done, in an actually game, that was better than average.

11. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want a goon just like the goon who is now the general manager! Wow! I just got my wish!

12. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't follow the Metros that much, so I don't know what your needs are. But if you felt that you were lacking a little passion, you just got it.

Suarez will get burned. Suarez will find himself woefully out of position. But Suarez will also beat the living hell out of any forward who comes near the goal, and he will play like a demon for you (I have a feeling he will have something to prove now).

13. Mathis is a God

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    Mendes has looked great, especially for being a rookie. He hasnt gotten beat once one on one. I honestly think he deserves to start, but depending on Suarezs level (i havent seen him play in a while) he may become a great player to have on the bench.

14. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    Not fvck up?

15. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    This is a good move for the Metros. Suarez is still a decent player and should be on some team.

16. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

...normally you are right on....and have nailed it again.....Suarez shold be on some team......he should be captain of the "All never should have got a sniff of an MLS team, team "...the guy is f'in Useless with a capital U....

17. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what worries me.

18. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

two others would be adding 5 inches in height and dropping 10 years or so....

19. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Just in time for our upcoming game!

Suarez was beaten for the game-winning goal in our last two matches with Chivas. I sure hope he's in central defense when we play you guys in a couple of weeks.

20. BrooklynGladiator

BrooklynGladiator New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    big up to Brooklyn
    i dont know about Lalas man, Metro 'til the day i fvcking die, but Suarez? i mean i know hes for free and all, but he's just gonna get carded. then again, if he could play D-mid, he might just be the bite in the midfield that Lisi doesnt have. Personally i think hes gonna play D-mid at first, but then again, with the way our centerbacks have been playing..................... i'd rather have Petke and Jolley back there

21. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suarez was the Goats' second-best defender. If you were paying any attention to what he got into an argument with Westerhof over, you'd realize that Westerhof was the one being an idiot. He wanted Suarez to push forward more, at a time when Suarez had just stopped several potential breakaways and was the only defender running back to clean up when the ball got past everyone else.

22. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Personally, I thing a team haven't to give a player like Suarez a second chance, but by the same token the Metros need a defenders with "s" and he is available, and I hope is for the best of the Metros .. What the hell....

We ben having problems with Parke and Gooz and is time for a change of actitud in the all demn buisness, player(s) who are not rendering at the field, get him a "RED CARD" for ever.

23. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn, i called this.

now if they just play him in central mid (deep) alongside bradley, then u can call me ms. cleo :cool:

24. Jman81

Jman81 New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Jersey City, NJ
    I have seen most of chivas' games this season, and being the red-haired stepchild underdogs of MLS, I was even been rooting for them a lot. Ryan, at least in chivas, has been god awful. As far as im concerned, chivas' three best defenders are 1.ezra 2.ezra 3.ezra. And I can't excuse his antics at the expense of the coach. I mean, the man has coached the actual chivas guadalahara team, not to mention a little club called psv. He knows what it takes to succeed at the highest levels. It's not as if he was taking orders from andrulis. :rolleyes:

25. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    What he said.