Metros on Road for USOC Round 4

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by MasterShake29, Jul 1, 2005.

1. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    I stand corrected. Game slated for 7:30pm on August 3rd at Frontier Field. I'm still gonna be there.....anyone else????

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should be there, was going to go to Toronto for the Juve game but Rochester is a bit closer.

3. MendesFan6

MendesFan6 New Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Glad we beat Virginia Beach in the last round....was hoping to see the Metros come back to Rochester again.....should be an interesting night on Aug 3rd! :) To anyone coming to Roch. on the 3rd have a safe trip! Out of all the MLS teams I love the Metros but that night I'll have to cheer on my Rhino boys! Good Luck!

4. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I'll be at the game... MetroStars should win this one...

5. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    If we could get a group of supporters to sit in the same section that would be fantastic......

6. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metro will also play on the road in the USOC quarterfinals if they get past Rochester.

Quarterfinal #3
    Aug. 24 Metrostars (MLS) at Chicago Fire (MLS) North Central College; Naperville, Ill. 7:30 p.m. CT
    Aug. 24 Metrostars (MLS) at New England Revolution (MLS) Lusitano Stadium; Ludlow, Mass. 7:30 p.m. ET

I guess Yurcak will have to wait...

7. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised. I thought if a team entering at Round 4 started on the road they would get the quarterfinal at home. Unless of course we don't want it.

8. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Is anyone thinking about a road trip from NYC/NJ to Rochester?

http://maps.infospace.com/_1_268LT3...333+North+Plymouth+Ave&QC_D=&QS_D=&QZ_D=14608

From Rhino website: The Rhinos are 15-8 all-time in the Open Cup. Rochester has appeared in two finals matches, capturing the 1999 Cup with a 2-0 win over the Colorado Rapids. During the Rhinos’ inaugural season, Rochester lost 3-0 to D.C. United in the Cup Finals in 1996. Since the inception of Major League Soccer in 1996, the Rhinos are the only non-MLS team to reach the finals. The Rhinos are 9-5 against MLS opponents in the tournament.

9. Freddie Adu

Freddie Adu Member

Mar 6, 2003
    NYC
  10. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Anyone considering a road trip?

11. metrobu

metrobu New Member

Jul 30, 2005
    earth
    Wow that was good reporting and stats. What uneducated soccer fans dont realize is that the A-league is very strong at the top. Also it is the games every a-league team looks forward to each year, they are necer easy to win. The us national team would have a battle in Rochester on that field against a hard working rhino team. its just the way soccer is, it the main reason i love it.

12. Fogs

Fogs New Member

May 28, 2004
    RI
    Does anyone think it is possible that Wells starts this one? It's not uncommon to start a different keeper in a cup competition if the backup is good enough. (like T. Howard / Roy Carroll for Man. U)

13. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    HEY! CHN71 & I WORK HARD ON THAT WEBSITE! Why don't you go to the one on Match Night that they never pay attention till all of MLS goes to the 4th round and then the final. At least Chn71 & I concentrate from the beginning till the end. It took alot of hard work for him to make those brackets. Be grateful that there is a website for the US Open Cup.

14. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    If Metro defeats Rochester and the Revs defeats the Fire, I have found directions to Lusitano Stadium in Ludlow, Mass. Basically it's taking the Deagan to the Cross County Pkwy, to the Hutchenson, to I-684 to I-84, entering Connecticut then connect to I-91 and connecting to Massachusetts. Exit to I-291 to the Mass. Turnpike going east. Mass Pike (Route 90) to exit 7; left onto Center Street, bear left onto Sewall Street; third stop sign, take a left onto Winsor Street. Stay on Winsor through intersection, Stadium is on the right

It's the Western Mass. Pioneers Stadium of USL-2nd Division

15. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad... the MetroStars web site doesn't even mention the U.S. Open Cup match on either the home page or the schedule.