Metros have to junk Galvan

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metx, Jul 16, 2005.

1. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Metros need to behead Galvan from the team, as a rubbish thing or a junk that he is..

2. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    So you are back on the dump Sergio Galvan Rey group again huh? Tell me what he did wrong tonight. He brought alot of energy out there once he was subbed in for Djorkaeff. He almost had two goals in the net if it wasn't for Cannon.

He did a good job with the 45 minutes he got in the 2nd half.

3. SteveB2

SteveB2 New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Nanuet, NY
    Behead SGR because he is junk?
    With all due respect might I suggest that you watch the game and then try not to post while ingesting miind altering substances.

4. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    He does hustle and he makes intelligent runs, but nothing comes of it. When are they going to face that fact?

5. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    His hustle, determination and intelligence would make him a good midfielder.

6. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Bradley was very pleased with the play of Galvan Rey.

7. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At game last night he really hustled and opened up space. His first touch and passing and vision are real good. Weakness is in air as he does not even try for balls in air due to vertically challanged state he is in. He does everything right and looks like a good player except finish his chances. he seems to be almost Faria-like in that sense. he does posess great skill, if he could only finish.......

8. Ray Luca

Feb 2, 2005
    You know that is true he might even get better shots off doing that.

9. Ray Luca

Feb 2, 2005
    That doesn't say much for Bob he was not dangerous. Striker has to be dangerous.

10. Ray Luca

Feb 2, 2005
    Right that is why he should not be a striker for this team.

11. I am Joe²

I am Joe² New Member

Jan 10, 2001
    Jersey
    Yeah 'junk' him, he's been horrible this year. :rolleyes: The guy gets stoned by Cannon, so now you call for his head? These games happen to the best of them, what can you do. You're delusional if you think Galvan Rey has been junk this year.

12. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As was I. The first chance he had was nullified by what was an outstanding defensive challenge..at first i thought it was apenalty but replay showed it was just a great last second challeneg. His second chace he got off but Cannon's calf just deflecfted the ball as he was falling..lucky save.

He ran hard got into dangerous positions, he made good runs off the ball, he had great control with his first touch and passed well.

If you are going to critisize a player metx you better have something to back it up, otherwise save us all the pain and agrrevation and shut the fvk up.

13. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    I'm not a huge fan of Galvan Rey either, but the fact of the matter is, he brought a bit of energy to the match last night and created some good chances. The player everyone should be slagging today is Jeff Agoos who everyone continues to think is the greatest defender next to Paolo Maldini. He's slow and overdone. He doesn't even belong on the bench on an A-League side.

14. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    I absolutely love Galvan Rey. That's from a Rhinos Fan's perspective, of course. I hope he plays against us on August 3rd.

15. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    im starting to like SGR's play. If we can renegotiate his contract next year i wouldnt mind seeing him back

16. Soccerski

Soccerski Member

Dec 2, 2000
    Georgetown, CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last week, when SGR and Razov when paired up front, was the first time in along time, that I saw Metrostars forwards work together, and appear. IMHO, SGR should have started up front with Ante.

When SGR came into last nights game, there was a momentary flash of good attacking soccer by the Metros.... Too bad it did not last long at all.

17. MetroSexual

MetroSexual New Member

May 23, 2005
    PA
    I was as skeptical as anyone about galvan rey. I was actually disappointed that Galvan Rey was not let go after failing misesrably last season, I even thought Cornell Glenn and Fabian Taylor were better players, but now look at the change. This year Sergio is attacking more and taking chances. He is getting himself in positions to score. He is hustling like mad whenever he is on the field. I think he fits nicely on this team and admire him for not quitting on the Metros.

18. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    the problem last night was Gaven who fell out of the game after 15 min, i dont blame him...kid needs rest he cant play "20" games a month even if he is 18 yrs old. Also our central mid's are not exciting, they are not visible, they cant surprise THEY SUCK. Well Lisi did alright last night with couple nice passes, but he should be used on the side not in the middle, then we will see him produce. Mini-Bradley doesnt even worth my time b*tching about him, ran around the field like a ref, almost not involved in the game for 90min (and that how he played in every game this season) and im still pissed how he ran in the way of the pass Guevara was meant to send to wide open Razov.

19. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I agree. He's dangerous, and teams ignore him at their peril. If he can draw players away from Ante, he does great service. With Sergio in combination with Amado and Ante we have a mix of skill and savvy we need in every match, right from the start. Abbe can always he brough in later to replace tired legs and give the opposing defense fits.

20. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004

He miss more than 8 oportunities at goal, that any other player could finished, scrwing the efort of the rest of the team

21. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah! Let's get rid of Galvan Rey! He's got too much energy and had a nice shot on goal yesterday.

We also need to get rid of Youri for hitting the post with his header, what was he thinking??

And, seriously, Razov scoring that goal? Time to bench him for sure!!

:confused:

22. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    and you will win because will be not goals from Metros side.

23. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I have to admit that I used to hate SGR and just wanted him gone from the team. Then I realized he was what the team needed - an attacking player. But now the MetroStars have Ibrahim and Razov that are attacking players. The team could use SGR, but it really wouldn't be a big loss if we were to see him go.

24. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    He gets those 8 opportunities because HE hastles and has an amazing first touch. Other players dont get these opportunities DUHHH its not because he gets some special service from his teammates that other forwards dont get, he works his a$$ of to make those opportunities a possible and dangerous

25. CRSvideo

CRSvideo Member

Jul 24, 1999
    New York, NY
    I thought he displayed those qualities last year, just nobody every saw his runs. You could see his frustration last year because he would make great off the ball runs that nobody would ever pass too. His skill and ability was all there last season, but it was just that the rest of the team didn't read what he was doing on the field. The same thing with his passes. He would have great touch and make passes to where if he were the recieving player he would make the run to, but the other Metros wouldn't see those runs for themselves and so the passes would go to nobody. He's seemed to have dumbed down his game a bit as far as his passing this season so that hasn't happened as much.

Despite everyone's complaints about him last year I always saw him as a player who had lots of ability that was even evident when you watched him play, but just not a player that in any way was on the same page with the rest of the team.