Metros effort v. Quakes effort

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by deedougie, Nov 10, 2003.

1. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets see here... two teams down against insurmountable odds:

One team, down by four aggregate goals with 75 minutes left throws caution to the wind and attacks all out in a last chance gasp of desperation. They get two back before the half, score one early in the second half, and in the 89th minute head in the tying goal. The teams go into golden goal overtime and they win on a break away goal by their sub striker.

The other team, down by three aggregate goals with 75 minutes left shows no energy or effort besides yelling at the ref every time they hack down the opposing players and get called for a foul. Despite getting a gift in a penalty kick in the dying moments of the first half, they come out in the second half, pass poorly, heave desperation hail-mary kicks from midfield, show little emotion or all-out effort, and meekly fail to score another goal. season over.

Which team would you rather support?

bunch of cry-baby losers

2. Vic Twah

Vic Twah New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Originally posted by deedougie
    Lets see here... two teams down against insurmountable odds:

one team dominated the past 3 seasons, and one is still in the middle of rebuilding. Think that makes a difference? Nahhhhh

Which team would you rather support?

bunch of cry-baby losers

Which team? The one closer to my heart, personally, no matter what they do.

Then again be like some people and pick 4 of them.

3. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    The one that thinks you should shut your mouth.

4. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doug, I hope you're not saying you're going to stop supporting Metro.

As disappointing as Metro's season ended yesterday, I'm not giving up hope for next year. I would argue that while this team still needs to improve and changes need to be made, a lot of progress was made this season.

As a NorCal resident for some time, my arse is sitting on the San Jose bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs now that Metro is out. As always the case, however, Metro über alles. I might agree that their effort in the playoffs was a bit lacking, but I remain hopeful for next year.

5. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not saying I won't support the Metros, but just disapointed with their effort on Sunday.

The Metros showed no urgency and lack of effort. They could have played all day and not scored a goal against the Revs. That was their final effort for the season???

Then watching the Quakes come back and score 5 goals!!

Talk about night and day.

It just looked to me that in their hearts, the Metros players just wanted the season to end, where the Quakes players wanted the season to continue no matter what.

Just my opinion

6. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    While it was sure disappointing for Metro fans, you have to admit that the Bradley coached Metros had some amazing comebacks this year. I can't recall a year where NY played with this much passion.

7. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    -------------
    Didn't the quacks play a good game most of the season? So they deserved to be in the playoffs. So they have a chance to win in the playoffs.

Some teams in the playoffs who did not play a good game were in the playoffs who did not deserve to be in the playoffs. So had very little chance at winning the playoffs.

8 out of 10 teams make the plaoffs? That is plain stupid unless they all played a pretty good game. Not all of the 8 teams in it should have been in it.

Oh on these words of wisdom "One team, down by four aggregate goals with 75 minutes left throws caution to the wind and attacks all out in a last chance gasp of desperation. They get two back before the half"

If they really did go all out at the beginning they would have left holes for the opponent to attack. If they did that against a team that plays a good game. They would get further behind on an opponents counter attack, and they would not have been able to come back.

Key to comming back when you get behind is having confidence in your normakl game. So you are confident you can come back from being behind with some skill and some luck. Good teams that know they are good don't rattle under pressure.

8. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You live in LA, why don't you support the GALAXY.

9. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Must be those lovely vintages out Napa, Sonoma, and Mendocino that leave you with such a mellow view.

Pop a cork for me, pal, and make it cabernet (with a rack of lamb).

10. jack921

jack921 New Member

Jul 10, 2000
    The Quakes comeback is something that happens like once every ten years. You're setting a pretty high bar if that is what a team must do for you to support them.

11. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Another reason why Faria should have stayed.

12. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Metros effort v. Quakes effort

Cause I lived in NYC and the Bay Area before moving to LA.

And I could never like a team with a putz like Ruiz on it.