Metros biggest Problem? to many Roster moves!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by MartyF, Aug 13, 2002.

1. MartyF

MartyF New Member

Nov 27, 1998
    The Metros make way to many roster moves. The minute the team starts losing OZ & Nick overeact and start trading and releasing players. Why sign Dustin Sheppard on July 19th only to release him on August 11th? is this really enough time for a player to prove his worth? Why sign,release and trade Roy Myers all in one season? The Metros lack any sense of solidarity even Petke is rumored to be traded. I really believe its time for Octavio Zambrano to stick by his players and stop all these player moves.

2. Jahmakya

Jahmakya New Member

May 28, 2001
    NYC
    Remember in MLS team rosters are limited to 18 players and 4 developmental players. As a result, if someone is not player well, he can't be replaced because of the limited roster. For example, Petke is not playing like we know he is capable of. there is no one on the roster to replace him with. So, sometimes teams are forced to trade a player who is not playing well. I am not saying we should trade him, just using Mike as an example. Also, because of limited roster, some positions are thin. Therefore, players like Petke are not challenged in practice. We all know that players who are challanged in practice tend to do their best at all times knowing that if they let up their spot on the starting eleven may go to someone esle.
    I agree, we need to keep players together so that they can jell as a team and play collective soccer. However, it's not a metrostars problem, it's a MLS problem that needs to be changed.

One Love

3. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the root problem is their inability to consistently identify the skill and potential of players.

4. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alvarez, Klinger, Nadyia all typical examples.

5. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I hear someone mention Steve Shak?

6. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    How do you say "bingo" in Spanish?

7. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

Bingo

8. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    What about lack of vision from the leadership of the whole team. I wrote a post a while ago blasting the organization as a whole. I was ridiculed, but I still stand by it.