Metro v DC Post Game Analysis [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Arisrules, Oct 23, 2004.

1. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    i think we should stop blamin the refs and blame the players who for the last month have played like bitches

2. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl
    not all is lost guys, just remember the time we beat LA 3-0 twice, and when we beat DC 3-1 there's obviously some potential here to at least beat DC 2-0 and then get the extra goal in the ot game or maybe beat them 3-1 because i can not picture DC not scoring at least once, i say start glen and taylor, start lisi gaven guevara, clark and brenes and have eddie pope in the back with parke and ziadie....then i would suggestion inserting wolyneic for whoever seems less effective taylor or glen, and also inserting vaca for someone who isnt effective either and also gilberto....come on guys theres still one game left....nothing in the past matters, we gotta beat DC.....!!!!!!!!!! GO METRO!!!

3. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    listen if you play chess and you loose should the blame go to you or the figurines (whatever they called ) you use to play with ?

4. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Listen, I know everyone is pissed off. However, did any of you really think we were going to win this series? I personally didn't.

What I am happy about though is the heart the team showed. No joke, they played and controlled the match. The fact they couldn't score was unlucky.

DC is a well organized team, who usually takes it to the other teams. In other words, they set the tempo. They are the ones who put the pressure on. They did NONE of that. DC was not very good, but they got the goals, adn that's what counts.

For people who talk about the Zambrano teams, Fvck that. If OZ didn't have his head up his ass we could have had a Buddle or a freaking N. Garcia on the team. So I could care less if we beat LA in that series at home. Did we win that series? No we didn't, adn in the end that is what I remember.

the Metros came out to play. We showed that. Those who doubt that should rethink what they saw.

Adn the ripping of the the FO is justified, because this type of game would have had 17-20k 3 or 4 years ago.

Lisi and Vaca were puzzling. Obviously Bradley thought we needed to get the pass in their. Pulling out Glenn though over Woly? Hell no. Woly blows, and he desrves 30 minutes a game, but he shoudl get 90.

October has probably been the worst sports month in the history of New York pro sports.

5. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Neither. The clock, the one on my side was having a bad day and ran too fast. Oh, and, also, my pieces were slippery.

=NLK=

6. Zé Bill

Zé Bill Member

Mar 21, 2004
    GO METROS! get that magic back and whup greasy united.

btw: Hats off to your grounds crew for setting up the genuine, non-portable goals in the FieldTurf!
    Good work.

7. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    To force overtime, it will only take a 2 to nothing game. Not a huge feat really. In 30 games though, we have outscored our opponents by 2 goals only 4 times. The playoffs are a different dynamic ofcourse, but the odds look pretty slim. Fingers crossed that they can defy the odds.

8. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the bright side, the Devils, Isles and Rangers are all undefeated.

9. kerowack

kerowack Member

May 14, 2004
    Patchogue, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to beat a dead horse, but MSG JUST showed the Stewart goal and he will go down in history as being the most offsides a player has been in the history of the freakin sport. He was offsides ALL NIGHT LONG and the goal was no different......not that we played worth a damn, but jeez, that's just the icing on top.

go freakin metro.

10. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY

I was just watching the replay of the match on MSG myself and I must say it's complete rubbish. There is no way in the world can be THAT far ahead of the play and behind the defence and NOT be offside.

11. shepchews

shepchews Member

Apr 28, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, and I don't want to freak anyone out, but Pedro Martinez is Freddy Adu's father. Just stay calm though.

And Stewart was so way OFFSIDES that he was actually ONSIDES....like if you keep going west eventually you will be going east. Get it?

12. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I liked Walker's comment: I know Earne; he's not that fast.

13. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just heard the MLS and the ref of the game backed the sidlnes official as no replays show consclusive evidence he was offsides. yeah, earnie ran 30 yards in less than one second of missing tape, yeah I bet. What a joke this MLS is!! Own up to your faults and screwups or you will be like the NHL soon!

14. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can see the quote from the MLS in this Daily News article

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/story/246139p-210869c.html

Joe Machnik The dweeb from MLS should run for office. He has lying down to a science. Or he is so deluded he can't tell what is right and what is wrong

What more evidence do you need than Earnie's own words??
    On his goal:
    "In all honesty with the four [offside] calls I had all game I thought the first one was offside and the other two I felt they weren't offside, and this one I did feel, or somebody said I was off, but in the end you get some and you don't get some. I don't know I would have to see, I have a feeling it would be very close, but in the end, we'll take it."

15. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Are there game films in MLS besides the network coverage? I wonder if there is some other footage giving another angle. Would the team give it to the league, or embarass the refs by going public?

16. shepchews

shepchews Member

Apr 28, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon guys stop focusing on the humiliating defeat of last weekend....please start to focus on the humiliating defeat you you face THIS weekend!

17. Congorilla

Congorilla New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Yeah, thats it Expo Baby Bro, start counting them screaming chickens before they hatch. I seem to remember some Flog-Me-Bottom F|_|CKOS singing "Hey, Hey Goodbye" a little too early LAST Fall. And I think we all know what happened in extra time... 20 thou wet they damn RFK bed.
    Make sure the final whistle blows before you celebrate. From what I saw last September, screaming crow aint that tasty.

18. ever7grene

ever7grene New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    It's the biggest city in the U.S. Where was everyone?[/QUOTE]

good chance a lot of soccer fans were half in the bag after this www.farhillsrace.org on the same day. i was, and so were most of my teammates, from several teams. the race is a blast, and gathers 50,000+

when we got back, i caught the game on MSG, was frustrated by the lack of replay coverage, and then reaalllly wanted to vomit after such a blatantly blown offsides call.

where is the outrage over such an obvious mistake that clearly had a huge impact on the game, to the detriment of the Metros?!? :eek:

19. locolos

locolos New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    New York

well.... there is that crazy chance we might pull it off. Just ask Boston.

that's what sports is about, hope.

20. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well you could not have seen it from the replay, the camera guy fell asleep

so unless you can say you were sitting close to the action and are 110% sure don't bother, ...what outrage ? do you expect the linesman to be shot or what ? , untill the day MLS $ pays to have more cameras at the game and better production please expect the same , but lets hope they will do something about it at the " meeting "?

here is a quote from a Jeff Bradley article

" Wider angles. When the league holds its TV meetings this week, expect the "wide angle" to be a hot topic of conversation. Earnie Stewart's goal against the Metros was surreal. To think in a tight 1-0 game that a guy could find himself 15 yards clear of the defense, walking (yes, walking) in on goal alone, is amazing. Was he off? Looked it. But who the heck really knows? Not one camera angle showed both the ball being delivered and where Stewart was in relation to the defensive line. Even with football lines, it's impossible to determine anything from the video. This, folks, is bad for the game at this level. Offside traps are blown and lines calls are blown an equal number of times in soccer. But, in a pro league, you'd like to think, when a goal is in dispute, you'd at least (as a fan) be able to say who blew it. A representative from the MSG Network blamed it on his camera man on the 18 yard line. Said he was "too tight" to the action. That's not good enough here. We should know if it was the Metro defense or the linesman at fault."

http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/mls_...26&content_id=17786&vkey=mlscup2004&fext=.jsp

21. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    I was in my usual seat in row 2 (section 132). That's pretty much midfield.