Metro-Fire US Open Cup Final Attendance Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Fkesoccer, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Fkesoccer

Fkesoccer New Member

Jul 22, 2001
    I say that with the Metrostars thorough advertising campaign(lol), but....with the nice promoting the ESC has done for this game I say that there will be approximately 28,032 or something close to it.
    Something respectable.

How bout your predictions?

2. GKiey

GKiey New Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Long Island
    28k would be absolutely fantastic considering maybe 20k people know about it.
    Honestly nothing would make be happier for such a crowd to attend the most important match our Metrostars have played in a long time.

My attendance prediction is (hate to say it)
    16k...as long as the weather is good.

3. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Even my wife is coming out for this one.

20k -- cause I like round numbers.

4. 2k it will be like a san jose game

5. GKiey

GKiey New Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Long Island
    Anyone know if this game is going to be on TV(MSG, Fox SW, ABC or NBC?)

6. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    FSW

7. Fkesoccer

Fkesoccer New Member

Jul 22, 2001
    MSG also,saw it in the Post today.

8. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we break 12,000 in real attendance I'd be shocked.

9. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl
    attendance

Metrostars attendance numbers can sometimes be very unpredictable, in a perfect world this game should sell out giants stadium but in the real world it should get at least 20,000 but considering its a weekday and not a doubleheader with colombia playing i hate to say we'd be lucky if we break 15,000 . but there has to be some kind of promotion though! have all those spanish newspapers promote it to the hispanic community and like wise with other ethnicites in the NY area.....i like what that first guy said 28k would be awesome.

10. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl

just attend the game!!! and take as many people possible with you.

11. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If MFO had a clue, 30k, but they don't so 15k will be alot. I haven't seqen anything about it except in small papers like the NY Sports Express (good job Nathan Hales BTW) and the like.

It'll be lower if game 6 is going on at the same time.

12. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Gridiron prediction? Will it look like a national soccer championship or just another dustup on a rented field?

It's got to be clean Wed. night. Plenty of time to tart it up for the NFL weekenders.

13. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but the Post, in their center TV Sports pull-out section, had the match listed as starting at 5PM! I almost fainted. Do they know something we don't?

In the sports section, however, in the Home Team Lineups grid, they had it for 8PM.

14. Cleveland Steamer

Cleveland Steamer New Member

Jan 10, 2001
    I predict 5,000. No advertising whatsoever, not part of the MLS schedule, etc. This will represent the hardest core of folks who follow the game more than your average bear.

Properaly promoted, this game draws 25,000 -30,000.

15. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Thanks to the MetroStars great marketing team... this game should have no more than 15k. 28k would be a dream come true!

16. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

The usual 16,000 suspects plus a couple thousand more.

Around 18,000

17. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Actual attendance= 13K
    Announced attendance=18,532

TOP 10 REASONS WE WON'T CRACK 20K

1. Night game
    2. Work night/School night
    3. Youth soccer leagues have started
    4. Fans don't come unless the weather is picture perfect
    5. No tickets priced under $25 for children
    6. Poor marketing by Metros staff
    7. The "average" fan doesn't care about this tournament
    8. Baseball playoffs
    9. NJSEA= unfriendly Meadowlands environment with high concession stand prices and cars being vandalized during games.
    10. We haven't been able to crack 20K all year....why would be able to do it this time?

18. BayridgeMetro

BayridgeMetro New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    New York City
    With just a little bit of marketting id say this game draws well over 20k.But since the morons did nothing at all,i will say 13k.Its a shame,but im wrong alot and i hope i am again.

19. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Saturday, April 12th, Columbus at Metro attendance: 23786

Saturday April 19th, LA at Metro attendance: 19801

Saturday, June 21st LA at Metro attendance: 22274

Sunday, August 24th Chicago at Metro attendance: 20082

20. psycho killer

psycho killer New Member

May 26, 2003
    NJ
    You said it. I predict and about 45 people (if and only if some of the hardcore Fire fans show up)

21. psycho killer

psycho killer New Member

May 26, 2003
    NJ
    Hmm, on second thought, make that 21,000

22. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If more than 6k are there, I'd be pleasantly surprised. I called yesterday for tix, and I was able to get the 15th row of section 111, directly at midfield.

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Great article by Steve Cangialosi o ver at http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_n...icle&sports=soccer&team=MetroStars&league=mls

"WILL THEY COME?

The U.S. Open Cup Final is slated for October 15 at Giants Stadium. Tournament organizers made the smart move making sure the highly-anticipated match between the MetroStars and Chicago Fire won't serve as a warm-up act to a Mexican international friendly that evening at Chicago's Soldier Field.

With that said, there's skepticism about what kind of crowd the game will draw at the Meadowlands. Metros-Fire represents one of the league's best rivalries, and emotions will heighten considering that the home team has failed to beat their Second City brethren in four regular season head-to-head meetings this season.

However, midweek crowds at Giants Stadium this season haven't been impressive. There will likely be an October chill in the air, not to mention a potential Game Six between the Yankees and Red Sox that afternoon in the Bronx.

Two wishes: that the game draws an attendance figure it deserves, and that for one night, the football lines are off the field. It's a U.S. Open Cup Tournament final broadcast internationally on Fox Sports World. Not a reminder that the Football Giants run the place."

24. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    Whatever the attendance will be, it will be one less because I cant make it :( Stupid F'n Wednesday nite class--only once a week and I missed last weeks for the semifinal. And its not even a class i want to take...stupid CUNY general education requirements.
    It's just as well. At least I won't have to worry about someone grabbing my hot cocoa and launching it in the air after we score.

25. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I tried to take some school chums with me to the game, however they all have wednesday classes as well in our CUNY based school.....