Metro at DC- [R] Pre & Postgame thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by jamison, Oct 30, 2004.

1. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Beat those fookers.

Eddie Gaven says we're going to win.

On the way to RFK....Let's lay a turd on them.

Preview Here

2. trmtrm

trmtrm Member

Sep 19, 2002
    New Sweater
    Thought this was interesting from the game guide at MLSnet:

D.C. UNITED v METROSTARS
    Sat., Oct. 30, RFK Stadium (7 p.m. ET; FSW; HDNet; MSG)

REFEREE: Kevin Stott.
    SAR (bench): Chris Strickland; JAR (opposite): Nate Clement;
    4th: Erich Simmons

Did they forget to update this from last week?

3. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    As a DC United fan I wish you all good luck. Hopefully it will be a good match and not as controversial as last week. You might win but I dont see how you will make up the goal differential...unless you start Rey..haha.

4. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Yeah, they screwed up.....and if they had looked a bit closer, they would have realized that three of those four are elsewhere today!

The crew is as follows:

Referee: Ricardo Valenzuela
    AR1: Greg Barkey
    AR2: Tom Supple
    4th: Ricardo Salazar

I've sent a nasty note to mlsnet.com about this...saying it'd be nice to have ACCURATE inforamation on the site!

Oh, and let's see if the announcers screw this up too!

5. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    OK boys and girls. I know it's gonna be a pain to get a 3-0 win in DC. But even if the team doesn't win, I hope they play with some freaking passion this week. I haven't seen this team play with any sense of urgency or intensity since who knows when. Show some freaking pride boys!!!

6. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    GO METROS!!!!

7. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    I get my wish... SGR in the midfield.

8. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    This infatuation with Galvan Rey is sickening. Your back is up against the wall and your first option off the bench for Gilberto is him? :confused:

The Wolyniec shot late in the half was a definite handball when the defender went sliding in front of him to block it.

Valenzuela calling it tight as it's safe to say Joe Machnik and Co. have told him to start whipping out his cards.

Will be interesting to see how the second half plays out.

9. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Whom else did you want to see come in for a midfield spot?
    Either way.. Exciting game thus far. Metro a little better of the play, DC with the better scoring chances. Whatelse is new..

10. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After 75', this has officially entered embarrassment mode for both sides. DC is standing around doing nothing, but they don't have to do anything b/c the Metro attack is so inept.

11. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    METRO play hard, but DC is a better team, they play better soccer, they have better fans, they have a better stadium, and yes, they seemingly have a better coach too.

12. jgoal5

jgoal5 Member

Apr 4, 2001
    LV-PA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Bob Bradley, I believe the U-17 National Team is calling you.

One of the worst managed games I have seen in a while...First sub on what, 30', second at HT, and the third on 60'....I sat here and said that if someone gets injured, we are done...and guess what happened 5 minutes later....

And how does Galven Rey make the team sheet...nothing more I like seeing than a sub who has scored once all season (on a pk) brought on to give the offense a boost...

FFS (For ********s Sake), I would have put Wells on the field before the "King of Sh!te"....

13. sprite19

sprite19 New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Well it's over... can't say I'm surprised. I guess we have the expansion and superdraft to look forward to now since it's not like the stadium's happening either...I'm so freakin' upset right now.

14. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey the Red Sox won the championship. Anything can happen.

I say it now: The Metros, one day will win the MLS championship

one day

15. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MAybe may grandkids will care.

probably not

will there be anyone left?

will there even be an ESC next year?

16. ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan New Member

Jan 20, 1999
    SHAPE, Belgium
    Well another year and nothing but pain and no gain. So is every year going to be a rebuilding year? Cause I can put money on that there won't be some of the players around again next year. With no allocations that we can get our hands to, no definite striker combinations and defense looking weak, '05 won't be much, but than another rebuilding year. Hopefully when the Metros move to the a newer stadium they can get out of this curse.

17. MetroBen81

MetroBen81 New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Kearny,NJ
    OK. Now this is ridiculous. All you losers blaming SGR are just either blind or idiots. I dont like SGR and think he should be gone after tonight but how many chances did Woly have today? Exactly. I am huge Metro fan but i beleive this team doesnt work cause Bradley isnt using players right. Of course he has 100+ wins because he had a better team in Chicago. I mean, how hard is it to coach a team full of good players. Its a little harder to win with a team with not exactly talented players. Anyways, i'm not sure how many guys we get to protect for the draft and stuff but ONLY players that should be starters next year are Guevara,Gaven,Gilberto,Parke,Walker,Brenes, and Glen. For all you Woly lovers, he can stay on the bench.

18. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really SGR gets killed because of his salary and pedigree more than anything.

But Woly is an excellent complimentary player - OTOH, if you are relying on him as the centrpiece of your offesne, you got serious serious problems

19. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Thats where he is SUPPOSED to be. The fact that he is starting is because our other 3 strikers cant cut it.

20. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    we played a good game tonight...esp considering our talent.

SGR didn't deserve to be on the field. Woly should have never been our starting striker. Taylor was not given a fair chance and Glen was supposed to be better.

Bad move on player acquisitions with all 4 forward not being anywhere near any of the top forwards in MLS. that's bradley's fault.

another year, another disappointment.

21. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stinky - how many more are you actually willing to take?

22. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Is this some sort of 'we'll get em next year' stuff. Come on man...

23. carpediem175

carpediem175 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Pompton Plains , NJ
    That has been our problem for the last two years. We need a money in the bank striker. Who would have figured with 3 international strikers on the roster we would have such a hard time scoring.

24. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    I know you don't have many posts on here but if you've read any of my posts from the past on this issue, you will realize that I think half the team is rubbish and not one player is to blame for a crappy season and a really $itty ending to it.

25. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Emotions aside..................... I am not ashamed of the way we played in these last 2 games. We played hard for the full 180 minutes and lost to a better team.