Meterparel

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Beez, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Beez

Beez Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Jon Meterparel bites the hand that feeds him and shows a bit too much outward ambition. Jon, even if you take a job just to build contacts and plot for a better future, DON'T ADMIT IT IN A NEWSPAPER!

http://www.boston-metro.com/page.php?pgname=sports_mediablitz0924

(An excerpt):

Meterparel has deftly played off of his “Dennis and Callahan” popularity. He has done sideline reporting for the New England Revolution on Fox Sports Net and play-by-play for the Revs on WEEI.

“If I can make soccer sound interesting, I am all set,” he said. “The game can be deadly. You have to deal with a lot of down time. It’s good to work for the Kraft family. It helps build my contacts a bit more.”

2. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cumberland Co, ME
    "Popularity" on D & C? He's around for comic relief, as the butt of the jokes.

Sack the wanker.

3. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, is this guy clueless! A soccer radio play-by-play guy will rarely have "down time" since there is always something to describe, even if it isn't an "exciting" scoring chance. Jon, here's a hint: It's the stuff that the TV guy doesn't have to explain because you can see it. And on radio, you can't see, so you have to tell them who has the ball, where he is on the field (without referring to football yard-line markers, be they visible or imaginary) and what he is doing with it.

If you are doing even half of that, and not talking about where you went to dinner (or where you wished you did if you weren't pretending you were in Kansas City and not in a studio in Boston), or any of the other useless, non-game crap you regularly spew out, you will never, ever have a problem with "down time."

That's like the guy who doesn't do any work, and complains that he has a "boring" job.

If I had one wish for next year is that they fire his sorry little pathetic behind!

Tom

4. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    I didn't know that George Costanza was writing for the Boston Metro.
    [​IMG]

5. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    Boston, MA USA
    man, he's down on his luck post Seinfeld ... is that a face ulcer?

6. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    ....Quote Attributed to Jon Meteparal,,,, “If I can make soccer sound interesting, I am all set,” he said. “The game can be deadly. You have to deal with a lot of down time. It’s good to work for the Kraft family. It helps build my contacts a bit more.”

I'll be blunt, most of the regulars on this board could be more interesting than young Mr. Meteparal even if they were describing grass grow on a soccer pitch. He is a yuppie dolt, as far as soccer is concerned, and his only appropriate contact with the Revs should be the door swinging into his backside as he exits the broadcast booth. Permanently.

Sorry for the invective but he deserves it if he truly said the above.

JIM DOW

7. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. The Perfesser

The Perfesser New Member

May 23, 1999
    AthensGA/NewburyptMA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can anyone in their right mind employ a bloviating sack of excrement like this?

One of the most important things that any human being can learn is how they are being perceived by those with whom they have contact. Meter is light years from this goal.

Usually "self esteem" problems are due to underestimating one's true worth. Meter has the opposite problem in warp drive. :(

If the Krafts don't get this guy off the air, then they REALLY don't care about soccer.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    [​IMG]

Yay! I can make soccer sound interesting...

... can you make soccer sound interesting?

Yaaaaaay! Now you go sir!

:)

10. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck to Meter

In today's Globe, it said our man meter was one of the finalists for the PA Announcer job for (as he would say) "YOOOOOOOUUUUUURRRR BOSSS-TOONNNN CELLLL-TICS!"

Good luck to him. I hope he gets the job for no other reason that there will certainly be conflicts next spring, so he won't be able to do any Revs games. It's kinda like when you have a crappy employee, but you give him a great reference so he can get another job and be someone else's problem

Tom