Message from Stephen Zack

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Red&Black, Nov 1, 2004.

1. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Yes, we do. :)

2. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    some of the moron posts on this thread made me want to cry. idiots.

3. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    We've got fricking Dick Vermeil over here, guys.

4. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    we could use the scoring this weekend!

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Or Mike Schmidt (keeping it in the Philly theme) :)

6. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    It's BigSoccer. Idiots are assumed to be here. :)

7. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anywho, the point is this is another nice gesture by United to us fans.

We are really some of the luckiest soccer fans in this country.

8. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even some metros FANS agree...
    From the Metros Boards:

From MLS N&A Forum:

Sig material!

We really DO ROCK! :D

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I think it might be a good idea to have a Q & A thread for Stephen similar to the style of the Chicago board for Wilt.

I also think that it should be very strictly moderated, so as to not waste DC managements time around here.

10. Dfuntime

Dfuntime New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    California
    I am in LA, and if DC advances, I will buy tickets to watch the MLS Cup. I used to be a Galaxy season ticket holder, but the soccer was unattractive, and is even worse under Sampson, so no games this year. Too bad, as we have a state of the art stadium. Hopefully DC will make it here, and I'll have a chance to see the squad. Nowak seems to have instilled a nice tactical knowledge in the players over the course of a season that is generally missing in the MLS. They also seem to now have patience, instead of always playing speed ball. Hell, I've even seen them connect more than 5 passes in a row on a number of occasions.

11. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Absolutely agree. Their job is to sell tickets here to us internet freaks and to who we can reach out to, and making max use of their time w/out getting into any kind of trouble is best IMO.

Not only that, but it gives our "where have they been?" moderators something important to do. :D

Regardless, I like the acknowledgement appreciated.

12. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    I know that Stephen's comments are genuine. From day One it has been well known that the FO is grateful for our support. Albiet sometimes contentuous..we have always supported what is best for the club....Bravo to Stephen for Recognizing our efforts...now let us answer that 5 fold on Saturday. Bring your best. Bring the Rest. Just bring the voices!!!!!!

13. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL
    S,

Thanks VERY much for the note. Both the original note passed on and this subsequent, more personal version.

We're all extremely happy and excited about the team. Congrats to you and the rest of the organization.

One suggestion: I would talk to bigsoccer DCU board moderators revelation, MeridianFC or Knave about setting up a special thread for you. That way, you can deal with things without having to read through a bunch of threads and nonsense.

Again, congrats on a solid season. I'm bringin' the noise on Saturday.

14. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    I too would like to see a thread...From the FO...as a way for Stephen to communicate with we the masses....
    to Stephen Zack;
    Sir, you are a very classy guy, you handle we the silly and dedicated with the utmost in consideration.
    I am pleased to know that you are holding the reins.
    Customer Service has become a very daunting task in our world..you and the staff do a great job..
    Thank you

Mike

15. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    100% in agreement. The entire DCU front office is a pleasure to work with.

Sachin

16. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Let me be the voice of dissent on the "Ask StevieZee" thread.

I'm sure that SZ has better things to do than answer meaningless questions on a message board. If there are legit customer service issues, take them up with him personally. Otherwise this thread will eventually devolve into a million variations "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" Not for nothing, but there's an awful lot of whining in this and other threads. Zack may one day decide we're not worth it.

We don't need that.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is Kevin Payne "unfiltered". He can be pretty acerbic when he wants to be. That would be entertaining.

Sachin

17. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Stephen, on behalf of La Barra Brava I'd like to thank you for everything you and the rest of the front office have done for us the last few seasons. I know it must've been a pain getting ANOTHER call about the CSC (believe me, it was a pain making them) and helping settle that situation.

We really feel like you looked out for the Barra this year with that issue and with our Drum Circle which really means alot to us.

Reading thru other teams boards, it's obvious that the accessability we share with our front office is unique to MLS. We appreciate the all the functions and events the team puts on for the fans. Please pass a special thank you on to Mike Muhammed for his help in assisting with our security concerns. We hope to continue our relationship in helping bring the Cup back home where it belongs.

Chico

18. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brown-noser

:D

19. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Maybe if you stood in 135 while the CSC were pummeling peeps you'd understand.

20. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just being funny and giving you a hard time Chico :D
    Have a cup of coffee (or do a line, how you kick-start your day is not my business), consider who it was from, and chuckle :D

I've been pummeled by security (though strangely not CSC) before, so I know :)

21. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many things could be said about Lonnie, but dumb isn't one of them. Just check out the gals flanking him in the lower numbered seats of 134 (or is it 133?). You'd really have to twist someone's arm to make them stand next to Lisa, Thea and Leslie all night! :)

GM

22. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Comprendo amigo, but 135's my home. Jus' thanking Steve for looking out for us.

23. Zack@DCU

Zack@DCU New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    I'll leave it up to the moderators if they want to set something special up from the FO or not. As I stated before I don't browse as much as I used to due to time constraints but I am always reachable via e-mail or phone and I will gladly respond to any issues when needed. My goal is to be needed as little as possible which would likely mean that there are not problems that need to be resolved. Having said that, if someone wants to set up a Q and A, I would be happy to do it. Lets be honest though, most of what you are going to be interested in are issues related to the team, not RFK relations, ongoing security discussions or ticket sales plans for 2005. I do know that there are alot of questions about baseball but we are still waiting on answers from the DCSEC (we hope to meet later this week). I just don't want to over promise on what I can answer.

S

24. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    African or European?

25. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, but thats what happens when you wear a ninja mask and throw malatov cocktails at the WTO. ;) :p