Merry Christmas to all.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Rick B, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Just a quick message to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. It's been a year of up's and down for The Arsenal, hopefully things will start going up again after the Boxing Day clash at the Valley. Ive enjoyed meeting everyone who has taken the time and effort to travel to London to support the team from the stands this season, I hope that it continues and it's certainly nice to see the club finally acknowledging there is an emerging market in the U.S. by raising our allocation of tickets from last season, giving us access to tours aside from the main Roadtrip and relaxing certain rules so we can continue. This year saw the birth of Arsenal America as an official Supporters Club at last and the largest attendance at Highbury since it's inception of 37 at Sparta Prague and 45 at Sunderland. Next week will be the biggest away attendence of 24 at Aston Villa away as for the first time we are now being given access to easier away tickets - something that has been missing up to now. We also saw the banner for the first time travelling around Europe as it featured on the Official Arsenal website in Austria and was seen in Switzerland as well. Obviously it will also be travelling to Madrid and hopefully might even be seen in Cardiff or Paris this season. We will see.
    So as the end of the year draws near and the party season starts, have a great few days with family and continue to get up at silly O'Clock and support the team at Charlton. Merry Christmas to all - and those that don't celebrate Christmas, take that message as simply a message of goodwill, I'm sure you all know how much I give a damm about Political Correctness...... ;) :D

2. blurtz23

blurtz23 Member

Nov 2, 2005
    S. Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheers Rick and the same to you. I look forward to meeting you in the New Year.

3. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    Thanks Rick, have a great Christmas. You have already made 2006 one of the greatest of my life!

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    happy xmas.. all that good stuff~~~

5. hiddi

hiddi Member

Jul 23, 2005
    philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Many thanks Rick and the same to you. In less than a week we will meet for the first time and I'll be sure to get you a PBR as I heard it is your drink of choice. :D

6. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

I blame Matt (Bighorn) for this disgraceful lie.........thank god they don't sell th stuff in the Tavern.... :D

7. blurtz23

blurtz23 Member

Nov 2, 2005
    S. Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i guess that i'll just have to bring my own.

:D

8. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Hmmm - what could I do with 6 Bolton tickets....... :p

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Merry Christmas to all Gooners! Happy Hanukkah to my fellow Jews on here.
    May you all have a wonderful and safe New Year.

And May Arsenal turn their season around and finish in the top 4.

Amen.

10. Frankgarrison

Frankgarrison Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Jackson, MS, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Happy Holidays to you Rick. We'll see you at the Pompey match!

11. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I might be able to smuggle some over for you mate....we'll see how full my carry on is. ;)

12. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Everyone here has treated me like i was one of their own ever since ive joined, unfortunately i dont know where you all get the money to go to london, but im broke :D. its one of my goals to see a live arsenal match at highbury though. Thanks Rick love reading your posts. Your over joy at a win and your over criticalness at a loss. :) merry christmas to everyone!

13. blurtz23

blurtz23 Member

Nov 2, 2005
    S. Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

DAMMIT...i knew i shouldn't have paid upfront! :p

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Merry Christmas to you fúckers as well. Especially Rick, and the absent Coach.

15. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    happy xmas to you mate... especially~

16. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Merry Christmas Rick.

Thanks for all that you do for people who come over to see their favorite team play in that great stadium, and depend on your help to get them through the turnstiles.

Looking forward to meeting you next week. So if PBR is out of question, would you prefer Schlitz? ;)

17. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy holidays to all. It was great to meet so many of you back in Nov! As one of "the 45" I can't thank those of you who work to make it fun and easy for us "Yanks" to make a game or two (even when it's Liverpool!!). You guys (and you know who you are) are truly outstanding ambassadors (and maybe even an MP one day).

Thanks also to all who have taken on the omerous task of keeping this forum in line. Yours is a thankless job and you have done it "mahvelously".

And to the regulars here-I think I've learned something valuable from each of you and I look forward to more in the coming year. Merry Chrismakwanzaakuh!!!!!!

18. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    all you gooners have my wishes for a very merry Christmas.

boxing day, however, you're on your own.

19. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    Merry Xmas everyone and to Hiddi: I hear they serve great vegeterian omelettes in London...and it comes with free subtle sausage. :D

20. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Merry/Happy Christmas to everyone

21. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It would be very easy for you to bring a 6 pack of PBR here in a carry on. You might get kicked out of the Arsenal Tavern, but you'd get it into England OK.

We'll see you over here next week.

22. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yup, we'll see you and the Mrs. on the bus...errr, I mean the coach. :rolleyes:

23. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Merry Mattmas!

24. Suckafree

Suckafree Member

Sep 16, 2002
    B-Town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope everyone has a happy holiday season. Here's to a win at The Valley on Monday and the start of a great new year for The Arsenal and all it's Supporters.

25. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    BAH HUMBUG!

I kid. Happy Holidays (Chirstmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Beltane, Bachinallia, and winter solstice) to everyone out there.

All I want for Christmas is an Arsenal victory and a Spuds loss on Boxing Day.