Mercury News 1/26/10

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Earthshaker, Jan 26, 2010.

1. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. They bring in the Spurs I'll be there. Hopefully it's us playing them however or a standalone event hosted by the Quakes. Though I suspect the most likely outcome would be that it is a doubleheader.

I'm not keen on the idea of another doubleheader after last year's event. Yes it was great for our gate, but it was in no way a home game. To be fair though I'm sure some of my displeasure and that perception stemmed from it being at Candlestick which is an abomination of a stadium. The Coliseum is at least tolerable and more a "home" venue than Candlestick. If that's our only game at the Coliseum this season I could accept that. I just hope our LA games are at Buck Shaw this season so we can make Judas and pretty boy feel properly "welcome".

2. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I share the same thoughts. Coliseum is more accessible to me than Candlestick and I can take Bart. I was also at the doubleheader at Candlestick last year but I was there to see my Quakes, given I hated Barca and had no interest in any Mexican team. Still, regardless, I want the Quakes game to be the focus on any Sat and not treated like it is secondary. I really want to have a real home game against LA this year and feel how Buck Shaw roars.

3. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Who's the hottie?

4. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If I may be so bold as to say so, I like the way this guy Schwab writes.

5. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    WE will be having HOME GAMES vs the scum this 2010 SEASON at Buckshaw ;)

6. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    better yet, the Ultras/Casbah and ACB will be about 30 feet from each other.

itll sure sound great on tv.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can't open link......I get this msg below.....

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

8. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed it will if last year's last away game is any indication. The ACB was nearly drowned out by the comparatively small Ultras contingent.

9. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    falvo, switch browsers. A different browser might help. I have a Mac and wasn't able to see the masks with Safari, but I switched to Firefox and they came in okay. Neither one of them is perfect, however, each has it failings.

10. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spurs playing here--only worth it if it's against the Quakes blowouts and so forth. Otherwise, rather see the ladies play down the road then see Spurs take on a Mexican or other opponent...

11. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    That's right and do you remember this quote from that particular game down south from one of their very own fans :D

" disappointed to see how whole bunch people actually impressed by San Jose group I saw people in our section,& sect next 2 us that were actually clapping to tunes of their chants, how can u wear Galaxy jersey & join those classless smurfs" - filth fan

12. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    What a highly literate group those Scum fans are.

13. chilitownpontiff

Jul 14, 2008
    San Ramon
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I opened it in Safari and got the same, then just deleted all the junk that popped up in front of the original url in the address bar and got the same.

saying you'd only go if the quakes were playing is ridiculous, do you not actually like soccer, just the Earthquakes? Yikes.

I'd almost rather if it were against the Quakes that we play 'em in Buck Shaw. Aside from the deep embarrassment of the facility, it'd be a better crowd and the tougher ticket to get would be great for buzz...and make my tickets feel like they were worth a little more.

14. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go over and have a look at the Scum boards. Then weep for the L.A. school system.

15. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Careful, we have futurequakeskeeper on our side.

16. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    "I forgot.
    That's why they call you 'Forgetful.'
    Oh, yeah, I forgot."

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok I opened it now. I never heard of Brazilian forward Eduardo but as long as he is better than Pablo Campos, bring him on. As far as an exhibition against the Spurs, I guess their partnership is starting take root. I'd like to also seem them loan the Quakes some of their younger top reserve or youth team prospects, however. Or at the least give them a look.

18. Raffaelo

Raffaelo Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Wandering the Desert
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I am drooling at the thought of having Spurs play here, but wouldn't it be a kick in the pants to see Aaron Lennon, knowing we just let Shea slip away?
    I'm curious about the timing of this game, since as mentioned above it is a world cup year. I guess that's a silver lining to Croatia not qualifying- Modric (and Kranjcar and Corluka) would be available to play.

19. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFQxqysGaA"]YouTube- Peter Crouch Robot Celebration against Jamaica[/ame]

20. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second that.

But how about a round of:

Glory, Glory San Jose
    Glory, Glory San Jose
    Glory, Glory San Jose
    The Quakes Are Marching On!:D

21. Raffaelo

Raffaelo Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Wandering the Desert
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    And let's not forget:
    There's only one
    The Joe

22. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm sure they wont mind hearing a few rounds of the Ultras singing "When the Quakes come marching in". They'll find it oddly familiar. ;)