Meola's baby

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Aug 25, 2002.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    We were informed by the team last night that Meola left the hotel prior to the game for the birth of a baby boy. They chose to name him Adin.

Congratulation to the Meola family for another addition. Now get a soccer ball at the boy's feet, the 2026 World Cup is just around the corner! :)

2. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    great...Adin. Now the kid's going to have to hear Adin Brown references all his life. terrible. ;)

3. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Congrats Tony, congrats Goode, and congrats Adin. I thought it was pretty funny when I was talking with Mulqueen before the game and he said that Meola had a healthy baby boy named Adin. I started laughing and said, "As in Brown?" And Tim started laughing and said "haha, yeah, I dunno".

Absolutely nothing wrong with the name Adin, just sticks out in any soccer fans head that the son of a great US GK is named with a unique name like Adin.

4. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Not to get into a lame discussion of names, but I actually hate the name Adin. To me it rates right up there with Hunter, Caitlyn, etc. as a really bad yuppie's kid name. The name trends right now really bother me. Of course, I want to name my unborn son Wolfgang, but the old lady thinks it's a tad unorthodox.

5. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If you name him Wolfgang, you must give him the middle name of Wolf, he must go on to play for/manage Wolverhamton Wolves or Wolfsburg.

(Note: This scenario has already happened)

6. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    huh?.....

Oh, nevemind....

7. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

I thought Tony looked a little big, and that does explain the morning sickness. :D In all serious though, it's great for the Meola family. Tony was a great with the Metro and the Nats (now for KC) and nobody deserves it more.

JMac

8. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Re: Re: Meola's baby

Congrats to the Meola family. It's always good news to hear of one more future blue wearing fan. Now, Tony, please return to the net and run off a string of 10+ great games in honor of Adin, your family, and the sheild on your chest.