Memo stays...Vagenas,Suarez gone?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by aaron90025, Dec 2, 2004.

1. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
  2. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    7 guys coming in, plus more options through the SuperDraft. One thing's for sure: Sampson will get the chance to put his team on the field. Zero excuses, although I have a feeling they'll be a'flowin'.

3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I'm afraid of.

4. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talks about the potential departure of Victorine. I see ChiBear getting giddy.

Memo staying is a mystery but if Sampson thinks he can develop him, good luck.

5. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    let's not read too much in to that article though. out of contract does not equate to shipping them off. i don't see vagenas, victorine or suarez as being players that are in danger of signing for another team.

6. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    l

Why u gotta ruin my day?

7. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    But those three guys get so much praise from announcers that some otehr teams might get faked out and want them, like columbus and simon elliot.

8. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee......who wouldnt want Mr. "Utility" Victorine?????? This guy is so shi...er wait..... I mean good that I am still waiting for Steve and Doug to announce his multi-year contract with a hefty pay raise.

9. latino626heat

latino626heat Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pasadena Cali
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Omg ..IM GLAD Peter Vagenas is GONE, hes the player I hate from the Galaxy, as for Suarez hes a good player, I much rather keep him then Victorine or sick worthless-ass player Pete Vagenas :)

10. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoa, hold on! He's not gone, yet. He's out of contract and if they don't negotiate a new deal, then he'll be out. So for your happiness, hopefully that'll be the case.

11. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    I wanna keep Suarez. Sure, he has his share of boneheaded moves, but flat-out, this guy wants it! Sasha and Pete I won't miss that much...I think they're both great guys, but they can't cut it on a starting basis day in and day out...plain and simple.

As for Memo, let him go! This guy has a crappy work-rate and will be a mediocre player in the MLS AT BEST! He's been praised as a potential wunderkind...but he just doesn't have the right attitude, IMHO...

12. Boricua

Boricua New Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Reseda, CA
    I'im with you ZIGGYGALAXY, keep Suarez and get rid of the rest. They are worthless. As for Memo. mybee he needs a change perhaps to another team.

It will be good to see him play against Necaxa and see how he does.

13. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Uh, if the Galaxy were so bent on getting rid of Victorine and Vagenas, why did they protect them in the expansion draft?

Unfortunately, they did protect them for a reason.

14. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Victorine, if the price is right (cheap), will stay. There is always a place on a team for the role-player sub who can play multiple positions (think utility infielder who can also be pressed into service in the outfield if needed).

One would hope that our talent level post draft/trades/allocations/discoveries etc. would be such that he would be relegated to bench strength.

Vagenas is insurance against SP pulling Saragossa back to Brazil. If Saragossa is LAG's for a couple more years, then I don't see much of a role for Pete but I bet there are teams that would take a chance on him as a defensive mid. Trade bait or insurance policy. I could see him thriving under Bob Bradley or Piotr Nowak.

15. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    Can someone with more soccer knowledge tell me why we protected two guys that seem to be on their way out of the team? What's the strategy behind that?

Oh, and after watching the semifinals of the Mexican league I can definitly see Suarez battling it out for one of those teams.

16. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wow. I see the Galaxy official boards are in full effect.

17. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Strategy? What strategy? Who said we have a stratedy here?