Meeting with Danny Fizman, Keith Edelman, Officials of Arsenal and other Supporters Representatives

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Rick B, Sep 22, 2007.

1. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Meeting with Danny Fizman, Keith Edelman, Officials of Arsenal and other Supporters Representati

Ask Rick. Where is he? Oh, there he is!!:D

[​IMG]

2. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Re: Meeting with Danny Fizman, Keith Edelman, Officials of Arsenal and other Supporters Representati

What happened to Major:eek:

3. Melanita

Melanita New Member

Oct 30, 2005

Thanks for the report. I received my 2006-07 membership pack yesterday in the mail. Great work! :)

4. Sean P.

Sean P. Member

Aug 20, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...enger+-+The+explosive+price+of+transfer+deals

Arsene Wenger on big spending:

“I said that because I think I would ruin the work I have done in the last five years,” he said. “You develop players and, just in the last minute, you put £30 million into a player who is not necessary better than the ones you have, just to keep everybody saying ‘oh, have you seen Arsenal, they’ve bought a super player’.
    “There might come a time when I need to put my hands on it and I say ‘listen we need to put the money in for one special player who could give us a plus’. But I don’t see this player at the moment anywhere.
    “Take Ronaldinho, maybe one year ago he was the best player in the world. Is he today? No.What people have problems to accept in football, like tennis, you can be No 1 in March and No 10 in November.
    “You have to trust your judgement knowing you will make mistakes. I always say you have to be relaxed about that and smiling knowing that you have a bomb in the right hand and a hand grenade in your left and that it can explode in your face because you were wrong.

5. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven

Let's not. Bunch of sycophantic slags work for the s*n. Sorry to hear Rick writes for them. :D

6. miamigunners

miamigunners New Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida

is henry in the middle of ur membership pack? u may wanna pm rick if henry does show up this season... @@

7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Can't quite figure why this thread would be stickied.

Unless of course it was Rick's way of making it easier for the Sun et al to get a hold of him. ;)

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Probably because tons of people were interested in the outcome of said meeting. I know I was. But then again I saw him in the meeting and resisted temptation to make funny faces through the window!!! :p

9. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll take the sticky off for now.

Rick, let me know if you think it needs to be "stuck" for a while longer.

10. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Many people were interested in the meetings notes.

Thats fine. The official minutes of the meeting will be sent around next week so I will put them on the thread and if it raises enough discussion will stick it again - if not I won't.

11. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Plus Rick was a sleuth in the meeting, with his notepad, pen and "press" hat :D

[​IMG]

12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

upping for the current kroenke debate

13. SteppaSound

SteppaSound New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Nairobi, Kenya
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Thanks for bringing this up from the cellars of BigS/Arse.

Respect to Rick B for posting this insight into the Arsenal Inner Sanctum.

14. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Whatever h append to (Big)Skizz anyway? Somehow he's still listed as a mod. Maybe he'll follow in RickB's footsteps and jump back into some threads. Wouldn't be a bad thing!

15. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

He is a mod, but on a different forum I believe.

16. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

That being said, I saw Rick lurking around.
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile Skizz is saying the money is just resting in his account.

[​IMG]

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

on the equipment forum

18. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

What is the current corporate governance structure of the club anyhow?

The Supporters Trust has shares, yes. But how many to make any serious influence in overall corporate decision-making?

Now that Kroenke is on board, what is to stop him from saying "my way or the highway"?