"Meet the team" event

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by StarCityFan, Aug 8, 2002.

1. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    Thanks for the pics! There were several really nice ones. I can't pick a favorite, but the ones of Cookie, Mia, Skate and the Little's were really nice. Great pics of Carrie too. :)

3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Thanks for the pics.

Let me just say that before this event, (as a full-season ticket holder for the past two years) I was not going to buy season tickets next year.

It was dealing with all the crap at RFK. From only 1 concession stand open (and that line refusing to pour beer to staff standing up to open the chains blocking your view during the game to police directing all traffic to exit via 1 exit to etc. etc. I had just had enough.....

However, I won't do that do those ladies. They are some quality individuals. And, if I'm going to support someone with my entertainment dollars, I want it to be those people. For example, Siri hopped on the Kayaking game with my 8 year old. Then, treated her to a motorcycle game. Jacqui and Skylar remembering her and actually making contact at a special level. My daughter adores Skylar (god knows why, I implore her --- watch Captain Grubb (genuflect - she's my favorite)) but Skylar was so kind.

They seem to be a group of very nice individuals. Why would you pay for people who treat you like crap (most men's teams)?

Oh by the way StarCityFan you're right, Carrie is a hottie (she just doesn't play that up during games!!)

Finally, Lindsay should have to sign everyone autographs until the stadium is empty. A sister's wedding - what a lame excuse!.

4. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Thanks for the pics dude!

:( Have I mentioned how much it sucks that I don't live in DC?

5. FreedomFan526

FreedomFan526 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Virginia
    I know the feeling. I would love to be able to attend the team events. I am not a season ticket holder. Next year I will probably get them. I think I would make the trip for the meet the team even if I did not make it for many of the other events.

6. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    This was again a great event. The players treat the kids so well. Siri runs around like a kid herself.

7. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Siri was great - she came out of the backroom early to talk with us because she said it was boring back there with just the players.

8. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    What, no pics of meeee?

But seriously --- Ann Cook, Carrie Moore and I got into a discussion at the PumpItUp machine about DDR Bemani games, I told Katy Button that I thought the Freedom were (again) killing the Mystics in terms of community involvment, and I got to use my one Chinese sentence on Pu Wei. Something like, "You did very well on Sunday and you made us all very happy."

9. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seer is a kid!

Thanks for posting the photos they are great.