Meet the Team Day

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by shawn12011, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United

I'm with you, I'm a little confused as to what this is. I'm planning on going and bringing my wife and kid. What time should I show up? I have a 1:00 ticket but should I get there earlier?

I thought this was a "meet and greet" but all this talk of lines and selling selling stuff has me a bit confused. Doesn't sound like any meet and greet I've ever been to.

Could someone please clarify here?

2. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Typically they have a bunch of tables set up with a couple of players at each table. People stand in line in front of the tables to get autographs from the players.

Also, sometimes they have an equipment sale.

That said, I haven't to been to one since they moved out of their Herndon facility so things might be a little different these days.

3. DC Braveheart

DC Braveheart Member

D.C. United
    Scotland
    Jan 2, 2001
    Oak Hill, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    In addition to the 'meet and greet' DCU usually has 4 or 5 tables worth of used equipment (jerseys, shorts warmups etc.) set up outside D&B's. You can arrive any time to peruse and buy but you won't be able to get in line for the meet and greet until the time on your ticket.

Usually there's also a table set up to re-up your tickets for next season. If you do that you nomally get an MLS ball (one per order not per seat) that you can then get autographed by the whole team - I have 2 now and I'll be going for the hat-trick today.

Note that 1:00 is the start time for Full-Season ticket holder - you can tunr up anytime between than and 2:30 (or later if you want) - 1/2 season ticket holders can't get in unitl 2:30 (Club/field level tickets get in at 12:30).

4. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Wear comfortable shoes, the line is long to meet the players. It's a single file line and the players sit behind tables shaped in a horse shoe. They sign "player cards" . Try to get there before 1:00. I usually bring a ball to get signed. Wear Barra gear, Jamie loves that. :) The equiptment sale is outside. Get there early to scarf up the good stuff.

5. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Thanks for the clarification guys. Doesn't sound like a very five year old friendly event. Not sure I'm going to make it to this one.

6. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    There's lot's of kids there. Plus they have a huge game room. Not sure if it's geared twords 5 year olds though.

7. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    I took G when he was 3, and could be in a stroller for most of the time.
    It's kinda a big Fern Bar sorta place. Olsen and a couple others were encouraging G to boogie to music playing on a game tape, LOL.
    They had a tent set up on the parking deck with a sale of sorts that time.
    Mark

8. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the good news front I asked Brian Namoff how he was feeling and he said "Good for the first time in a long time." So that sounds promising.

9. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah said something similar to me.

What I learned today:

Alecko Eskandarian.... not so much a fan of Matt Reis :D

10. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I told him he needs to come back because Reis was starting to think he was a good keeper. ;)

11. Primate

Primate Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    I asked Namoff how long before he could come back and he said it was only supposed to be a couple more weeks.