Media Malpractice, Hoax Purveying, Misleading Narratives and Other Sins of the 4th Estate Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Karl K, Sep 10, 2021.

1. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, lots of folks remembered him on Lifestyles of the Rich & famous and thought...

"This guy is rich and plows hot chicks - perfect guy to be POTUS"

bigredfutbol repped this.
  2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Remember how Rex Tillerson was going to be perfect to run State because he was good at being a CEO?

And that guy had actual Big company CEO experience

rslfanboy repped this.
  3. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    America should really just make Elon Musk President and get it over with

4. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    You shut your damn dirty whore mouth!:mad:

xtomx and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  5. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Armas still sucks

6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hey now. Next you will be denigrating Ante Razov, and we all know what a mistake that would be.

7. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nobody better go there. :mad:

8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where them Blanco fans at

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Who are these people?

10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think my all time most repped post occurred in the Fire forum in a thread where someone posted a screenshot from WGN or some other station's coverage of a structure fire that used the Chicago Fire soccer team's logo rather than the CFD logo. I said something like "well, there was footage of Razov aiming a firehouse twenty feet above the burning building and off to the left."

I think I got 6 positive reps and 15 or more of the good old Neg Reps. Most of them by people whose screen names I didn't recognize.

11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Former teammates of Frank Klopas and Jerzy Pobrozny.

Auriaprottu, American Brummie and xtomx repped this.
  12. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    He kicked the ball very hard. Sometimes it even went where he aimed.

chad, American Brummie and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  13. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Let's get this thread back on track before someone runs to the Mods like a toddler who's skinned his knees and wants it moved to, I dunno, the USL thread, or something.

Let's take a moment and thank the Deity or somebody for the jaw dropping idiocy of MSNBC's Joy Reid, who tries to --- I was thinking about using the verb "finesse." but that gives this numbskull too much credit -- so let's go with "stupidly rationalize" her previous vax skepticism.

After all, she does belong to the party of science. Here she is, is all her brain dead glory.

Oh, I get it. It's all TRUMP'S fault that I was so stupid. Isn't everything?

Joy, dearie, Trump wasn't in the lab, or running the Phase 3 clinical trials. It was the SAME vaccine from the very beginning!! It didn't become magically better once we traded Trump in for a guy who should be in a home.

But in Joy's world, where some hacker goes back and plants homophobic comments on a 10 year old blog post, ANYTHING is possible!! It's science.

14. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will fistfight you

15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given Trump's massive, MASSIVE record of manipulating the bureaucracy to ignore its own rules in order to help him achieve some political end, it's completely rational for someone to have been skeptical about EUA under a Trump administration. I'd go so far as to say it would be irrational not to be skeptical.

I know you went AWOL from her during the Trump Era, but his record on this is as clear as it could possibly be. He was and is inclined to fascism.

16. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    It’s almost as if Trump didn’t complain, repeatedly and in public, about the slow pace of vaccine development, the slow pace of the EUA application process, and the slow pace of the EUA approval process. It’s as if he didn’t publicly accuse the FDA of purposely delaying EU authorization until after the election.

or it’s almost as if Trump didn’t threaten to fire the FDA commissioner if the Pfizer EUA wasn’t approved.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-t...rus-pandemic-0902fbb041b0459e55da86be75b1457a

you are a real piece of work.

The Jitty Slitter and xtomx repped this.
  17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That Nicki Minaj comment surely didn't age well ...

18. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  19. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    #244 Karl K, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    The great Glenn Greenwald -- and for the life of me, I never thought I'd attach the adjective "great" to Glenn -- completely crushes our stupid/corrupt/hugely partisan/ lying/censorious alliance of the 4th estate, the deep state, and our arrogant Orwellian tech overlords in his latest Substack post on the Hunter Biden laptop.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/new-proof-emerges-of-the-biden-family

Once again, it was Russia!! Russia!! Russia!! on the dead brains of our 4th estate and their go-to corrupt and lying ex Obama functionaries like Brennan and Clapper (both of whom should be wearing Orange Jumpsuits).

Greenwald names names and takes NO prisoners. Why do these people have still have jobs? They have jobs because they are NOT journalists and would lick the sphincter of Joe Biden if it meant he would win. (Emphasis mine).

They are apologists, obfuscators -- LIARS -- in order to protect the Democratic Party and its candidates. They are purely political actors and operatives.

The truth is irrelevant to them as it is to SO many others on you-know-which-side.

ToasterLeavins repped this.
  20. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  21. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A third person who had independent access to Hunter’s emails confirmed to me that the emails published by the New York Post related to Burisma and the CEFC venture matched the substance of emails Hunter had in fact received. (This person was not in a position to compare the published emails word-for-word to the originals.)​

You don't find this convincing?

And how about the way twitter forced actual investigative reporters an the Post as well as at the Wall Street Journal to leave the story alone? Why, it's like without access to Twitter, these daily nespapers had no recourse but to not pursue the story.

That must be it. It can't be that no real nvestigative reporter wanted to have their name associated with this story. Nope. Can't be that at all.

superdave and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  22. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    I'm beginning to wonder if the wrong Glenn got tagged for that tragedy back in 1990! :unsure:

superdave, chaski, diablodelsol and 2 others repped this.
  23. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    That's what the CIA wants you to think!

24. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    #249 Karl K, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    It can't be that most of the "investigative reporters" you have in mind are actually wearing the blue kit under their polos and khakis and certainly didn't want to pursue a story that would help the Bad Orange Man

Or perhaps they didn't want to wind up being cancelled by social media, which they think is a career killer, given how, unfortunately, Twitter is a sine qua not for mainstream journalists.

Nope.

Can't be that at all.

25. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Media Malpractice, Hoax Purveying, Misleading Narratives and Other Sins of the 4th Estate Thread

This was the official title of the coverage of the Tr*mp Administration, correct?

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.