MD6: Empoli vs Roma (September 12th, 2022)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That dumb prick can have no complaints. Dangerous play.

2. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    Another sitter missed. We only have ourselves to blame if they manage to tie this.

3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That was on display at the start of the half when his marker ghosted past him and he just watched him with no fcuks given. Same problem from years ago, technically gifted, boy mentality. No fit for the captains armband.

4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fatima's 3rd secret is Cristante is undroppable.

giallorosso86, azzurri06 and Nainggolan repped this.
  5. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    DYBALA carries this team today.

Andreas repped this.
  6. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm not sure 3 points against relegation candidates come any less convincing than that

wm72 and giallorosso86 repped this.
  7. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Vicario was excellent for them tonight. What a save from Belotti and Bove at the end

wm72 and giallorosso86 repped this.
  8. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1) Dybala is 100x better then our next best player
    2) Pelleshit has been disgraceful this season. Imagine De Rossi and Totti constantly playing like that.

9. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Another shit show. Got away with it.

Dybala's class bailed us out and got us 3pts. Thanks Lorenzo, but I think we'll let Dybala take the next one OK.

10. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Can we give Dybala the armband and bench Pelleshit for once?

11. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    We’ll look better when Zaniolo is starting again. We have no threat of a counter without him.

Henchag repped this.
  12. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Dybala is gonna break his back carrying this team...

HeadBurn3r, wm72 and Henchag repped this.
  13. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    If we didn’t have Dybala we’d be in big trouble

Henchag repped this.
  14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    The performances are very worrying even if the results are ok so far. We’ve been playing against the worst teams in the league and we still struggled against most of them.

We run out of punching bags, we only have Lecce at home in the next 11 league matches, If we don’t improve it can get ugly.

On the positive side, Zaniolo is back and Spina is looking better and better. Ibanez has been able to stay away from his usual blunders which is a great sign. We have a big roster and a lot of good players, Jose needs to find ways to get the most of them.

r0adrunner, decola, Haakon24 and 5 others repped this.
  15. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Tammy was pish tonight. I've said this before....sure he can be good at times but he can also be an absolute donkey in almost equal measure.

Dybala put it on a plate for him. First thing he should be doing is running straight over to thank him. But he didn't. I dont like that.

wm72 and Henchag repped this.
  16. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    Felix breaking Gini’s leg and forcing us to continue to rely on Shitstante really fcuked us.

17. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    With Zaniolo’s return we can put Pellegrini next to Matic.

Henchag repped this.
  18. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021

Roma return to winning ways with an important win over Empoli on Monday night. Jose Mourinho’s men were able to scrap the previous two losses and impose themselves away from home in Tuscany.

The Special One discussed the team’s perseverance just a few days after losing their first Europa League match with Ludogorets.

“It’s important for Tammy Abraham to help us both offensively and defensively,” he told Sky Sport after the final whistle, when asked about the striker’s contribution on the other end of the pitch. “He must do so when the team struggles to play out from the back.”

“The problem arises when he gets tired,” Mourinho continued. “But, tonight we refused to lose again. We did not want to make it three losses in a row.”

“We had ambition tonight. And scoring against their goalie tonight was nothing short of a miracle. He looked like the best goal-keeper in the world.”

“We could have won differently. If we go 1-3 it becomes easier to manage but we weren’t able to do so,” Mourinho said referring to Lorenzo Pellegrini’s missed penalty.

“After the three points lost, it was important to win. In the last few minutes we wanted to manage the game. Seven minutes of injury time for a team that is holding onto a win is a lot of time.”

“Congratulations to [Empoli coach Paolo] Zanetti: they have a team that is difficult to play against.”

“As a team we’re struggling,” Mourinho continued, pointing at the long list of injuries. “There is only one Zaniolo. I take this opportunity to say what I told him on the bench: I told him, ‘Thanks for being here.’ When we went up 1-2 he was ready to go in and take risks despite his recent injury.”

“We need Wijnaldum: Matic and Cristante are great players, but they are very similar. Even with Karsdorp and Zalewski unavailable it becomes an issue going forward.”

“But,” Mourinho concluded. “I can finally say that on Thursday we play at home.”

Henchag repped this.
  19. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Cristante a great player :cry:

giallorosso86 and Henchag repped this.
  20. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Dybala has his 3 month injury this season this team is going to be relegation tier.

21. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Obviously '....the great players' comment in relation to Milhouse is laughable. He's right, they are too similar....in a sense. A lot of that however is down to how Jose himself is using them. If he insists on playing this donkey at least give him far more license to go forward and help the attack....that way, although hard to believe, he might prove at least somewhat useful. He's utterly useless as a deep lying midfielder. Where he offers nothing other than the occasional good long pass and occasionally getting in the way of an opponent.

Matic is fine in this role as not only does he read the game well but he generally protects the ball well too and can actually consistently pick out a good pass. Milhouse on the other hand just gets in the fcking way.

Tell him to get forward more Jose, other players can cover his useless ass if and when needed and Pellegrini can come deeper into this vacated space more to pick up the ball and link up the play.

That's basically the long way of saying....at least try to give that donkey Milhouse something fcking useful to do out there and the opposition something else to think about.

Haakon24, HeadBurn3r, wm72 and 3 others repped this.
  22. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dybala has to take the penalties going forward.

No matter what happens this season, it is a pleasure watching this guy play.

23. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Isn't it funny how we are cursed with awful injuries to important players every season, and yet the one player we hate never gets injured? The irony.

About Pellegrini. I thought he had finally started to turn the page last season, but it seems like he has a mental block or something. A mental ceiling that prevents him from elevating to a higher level.

Like others have said here, it's already clear how superior Dybala is to everybody else and how dependent on him we are. I wish we could score some goals because of some good team play maybe, and not just wait for Dybala to bail us out with individual brilliance.

At least I'm pleased that Mourinho has finally acknowledged the problem in midfield. Now all that's left is to shift things up a bit there. This is such a big opportunity for Mady and/or Bove, I hope they have the balls to seize it.

Oban14 and Henchag repped this.
  24. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    shiboboo, La Magica, Rossonero23 and 2 others repped this.
  25. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    If Pellegrini takes another penalty with Dybala on the pitch I will be fuming.

Pellegrini PK History: 8 made, 4 missed.
    Dybala PK History: 25 made, 5 missed.

I don't give a fcuk that he is the captain. It is obvious he is a mental midget who sucks at PKs.

shiboboo, DOctore13, La Magica and 6 others repped this.