MD5: Roma vs Udinese (September 23rd, 2021)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Sep 12, 2021.

1. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Cristante out!
    Mourinho out!

Villar in, Diawara in.

2. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Christ almighty...and I thought Nelly was a bit simple....

Bedelcigil repped this.
  3. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I watched the game with EPL fans and this was a terrible introduction to Mourinho’s Roma. Kudos to Calafiori who won us the match, and a decent performance from Mancini to make up for his last game. Cristante and Pellegrini were terrible and the rest were not much better.

12 points from 5 games is a great haul, but the performances were not worth 12 points. Either we improve or we will come back to earth soon.

Jose needs to stop the nonsense with playing starters against Bulgarian farmers and then complaining about their condition. Last season we topped our EL group with the reserves with a match in hand, we don’t need a full team to win a conference league game.

Borja, Diawara, Villar, Kumbulla and the rest are more than good enough to win against Serie B level teams.

Andreas, decola, nguoiaoden and 4 others repped this.
  4. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    The red card on Pellegrini was extremely harsh and it sucks for him not to play the derby, but I also thought Cristante deserved a red for his braindead challenge from behind.

Andreas, shiboboo and giallorosso86 repped this.
  5. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Boring game and frustrating performance, but I think if one of those chances from Mkhitaryan and Zaniolo is finished off in the first ten minutes the game would’ve been more straight forward, Udinese sat back most of the game

The team shit themselves a little at the end but nice to see they shit themselves a bit less under Mourinho, under Fonseca it would’ve ended 2-1 Udinese I’m sure

6. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The irony of our goal was that it came when we were effectively down to 10 (Mancini off getting treatment). We sat back and they pressed forward (almost scoring) which left space that simply wasn't there previously. Of course, it took a brilliant solo run from Calafiori too after an excellent possession snatch from the kid first.

We can be very pleased with our 12pts so far because our overall play certainly hasn't been worthy of that haul. My hope right now is that we can continue to stay in touch with 4th whilst we improve as the season goes on and that perhaps an important January addition can help us really push for 4th. I think we can all agree that this team will not be threatening the top 2 places any time soon.

Zaniolo continues to struggle on the right. This has not been the Zaniolo we know. There was a moment in the game (2nd half) when he picked up the ball in a position in which he would normally turn on the ball and drive towards the box. Instead he tamely passed it back to Pellegrini. Hopefully he can in time return to his previous best.

shiboboo and decola repped this.
  7. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry, for been going off topic here... But either you need need friends or you seriously have issues with impressing other people. No need to go around trying impressing women/ wannabe friends by watching football. You need to look yourself in the mirror and find the legendaryness inside you, if you have it of course.

I obviously used just walk in the room and people were in awe of me, because I was the greatest legend of all time, Google me and try to follow in my footsteps.

Sorry, for the off topic, but I do help people in need.

Haakon24, decola, Andreas and 4 others repped this.
  8. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Don’t worry, they were impressed the moment I told them I’m best friends with Lord Nelson from Bigsoccer.

ErPupone, whill4, Oban14 and 8 others repped this.
  9. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    Legend