MD21: Siena vs Roma (Feb. 3, 2008) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Forza_Totti, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

Thank you. And I never said he was the ONLY one to blame, but you can notice that he did have definite difficulties in man marking.

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Spalletti has been getting ripped up on the radio this morning.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd like to listen to what they are saying. Can you please post the link for the radio station?

4. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    As if said before, i think it has to do with the Coppa Italia match mid week. My guess is that the players were fatigued and were not fit enough for this match. Or the players felt complacent bc they were facing Siena. Either way, something is definitely wrong with our attack. Spalletti needs to address the situation immediately. Let's see how the players respond next week before peopl eplace judgment.

5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    http://wms.mclink.it/rcs_65_live

That's a stream of Centro Suono Sport, mostly AS Roma related stuff. Although there is some Lazio broadcasts from time to time, and even a show with Lazio and Roma supporters.

Carlo Zampa commentating all Roma matches is on that link.

I don't agree that it has to do with the Coppa games, our attack was impotent in both Coppa Italia games and even against Palermo. It's just that we won those games and therefore it was a non-issue.

There is also something to said for Spalletti and his insistance on an idea and on certain players. Tonetto has not been in good form for most of this season, why not play Cassetti there and start Cicinho, whom we spent 9 million on. Perrotta has not been in good form for several matches now, why not start Giuly, Aquilani, or even ... dare I say it Vucinic.

6. praxis

praxis Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Ogden Ut
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Were there any "highlight" videos of the match? I would like to see the Totti incident.

7. praxis

praxis Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Ogden Ut
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Stadio olimpico in Rome looks half empty I wonder if losing big to Siena has anything to do with it?