MD21: Roma vs Lazio (January 26th, 2020)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by SaI', Jan 25, 2020.

1. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Not even worth discussing the game with someone who doesn't watch or understand the game.

Incel

Shen-O, Andreas, ErPupone and 2 others repped this.
  2. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    Not saying we have the greatest manager and FO in the world, but clearly they realized we don't have enough scoring threats on the team when they signed kolarov to an extension. if they have made a mistake, it's with not giving him enough rest until now.

3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We have 4 points in the last 3 games. The last defeat v Juve was in the cup.

The team played a fantastic match today with an injury stricken squad. You want to blame Fonseca but he is proving himself to be a fine coach. There is a team here that fights and wants to win and he is the one who is the nucleus of it. You'd be better off getting behind this team instead of running them into the ground every chance you get.

ASRomaUSA, romagol10, Oban14 and 9 others repped this.
  4. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Or you could say Roma kicked Lazio out of the scudetto race while remaining top 4.

giallorosso86 and Indian_Gladiator repped this.
  5. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    You should have just taken your L like when you started ranting about us losing when we won earlier this season. Throwing out buzzword phrases like “sideways tiki taka” to pretend like you watched is just sad.

shiboboo repped this.
  6. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    In the last 4 league games we’ve conceded 6 goals, at least 5 of them were from individual mistakes that had little to do with how played. This cannot go on.

I’m glad Spinna is proving his caliber again, only a week ago people were talking about him as if he was Aleandro Rosi.

Under playing like this consistently is a game changer for us, I’m a big believer in him and think he can be world class. I hope he stays healthy.

Dzeko is Dzeko, he played well today and worked hard, but he needs 3 good chances to score 1 goal and that’s how it is with him. I hope we invest big in a striker this summer.

Fonseca with a masterclass today, not that is surprising. Anyone paying close attention will know that he is for real. We need fix the injuries situation and continue to improve the squad.

We cannot drop more points before traveling to Bergamo.

ASRomaUSA, Oban14, Andreas and 7 others repped this.
  7. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  8. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #183 Matrim, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Did your mother teach you to lie like that?

I've been getting behind the club for 20 years straight, hoping against hope that the signs in August won't turn out to be true in May, but enough is enough, I've bought this building for the future lie 10 too many times.

Praising Fonseca for scraping by with an injured squad is just the topping of the rose tainted cake... he is the reason most of those players are injured in the first place. They don't get injured in a vaccuum, they're getting injured because their bodies weren't properly prepared for the tasks they're asked to perform. 1 or 2 or 3 injuries might be bad luck, but an injury crisis is always the coach's fault and a sign of a piss poor preparation + rotation.

If they win their extra match they'd be 2nd only 2 points behind first, and even if they don't win the Scudetto, at this point they're guaranteed to cash in those precious CL money.

On the other hand they've ensured that we're only 1 point above Atalanta, who are playing better than us and don't miss half their squad and I'd say have at least as good chances as us at making top 4.

Lazio are coming off this match far, far better than us. We played "well", they've got the reward.

LordNelson repped this.
  9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    ASRomaUSA, Andreas, Marco9 and 3 others repped this.
  10. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree that we should invest in a striker this summer, but the issue is that we just resigned Dzeko and are paying him a high salary. A salary too high for a bench player.given our financial status, we’re stuck with him as our starting striker unless we can sell him.

11. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Not sure how anyone can really criticize the great work that Fonseca has done up to this point.

ASRomaUSA, Oban14, whill4 and 8 others repped this.
  12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fonseca un di noi.

decola repped this.
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #188 falvo, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Scrivi in italiano? Non lo sai che è maleducazione? lol! :)

14. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    One thing I thought during these last few games (not to take away from a great performance) but with Mancini/Smalling pairing we miss having a defender (like Fazio) who can ping accurate long balls forward to Dzeko and the wingers when the midfield is crowded out

I do think Mancini/Smalling has been a huge step up from Fazio/Manolas in general though

Java65, Shen-O and SaI' repped this.
  15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's see Ibanez. From the short video I watched, I like that he tackles, takes the ball forward, and looks to disperse.

giallorosso86 repped this.
  16. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I agree. He would’ve done even better without the countless injuries.

ASRomaUSA repped this.
  17. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who gets pissed at this, really? Took me 5 seconds to figure out what falvo wrote...

ASRomaUSA and falvo repped this.
  18. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    I'll give you 3 guesses. Go.

Shen-O and falvo repped this.
  19. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already know the answer :p

20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Maybe the training regime is a possible reason. You cant take anything off the table and rule it out completely. To say he is the reason with certainty is nothing more than your opinion. I would give that a very low possibility considering his past.

1/ He was managing a team that was expected to win every game and compete in the CL well every year. He did that and his players didnt drop like flies. It might have only been the Ukrainian league but football is football and they train and play hard like here on top of having that pressure to succeed every week with no excuses.

2/We have have a long list of knee injuries at Roma from 1st team to youth team for many years now. There is more to this and just the training regime and its been said over and over, the place to look into to question further would be the training pitches quality. The place they spend most of their time would be a sensible place to start.

Roma right now are producing shots per game on level with Juve, tied 3rd and are bottom of the league in terms of shots conceded per match. All this from a man whos just stepped off a plane. I have watched Roma for a similar amount of time as you and I can clearly see Fonseca as a manager is tactically a cut above. What this tells you is he is a man who not just due to his understanding of the game but through his personality gets his players on board and gets them playing his system that clearly works very well. All while managing a team that is desolate with injuries. Fonseca will be managing the very top teams one day.

The players are the ones who need to improve on taking the chances his game is providing. It is they that need to improve. The 2 players most responsible for this as of right now is Pellegrini and Dzeko. If your AM and CF are missing / screwing up the final ball / not making the obvious CF run etc as what they are then points will be dropped.
    Fonseca is the one to be giving your support to, not against.

Haakon24, Big Bad Wolf, Andreas and 3 others repped this.
  21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    @Sal get to work and start a thread you lazy fcuk

SaI' repped this.