PBP: MD1: Viola-Udinese - 25 Agosto 2012 (R)

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by NickyViola, Aug 25, 2012.

1. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Official starters...

Viviano
    Roncaglia---Gonzalo---Nastasic
    Cassani-------Pizarro-------Pasqual
    Romulo-------Valero
    Ljajic---Jovetic

2. USAChrisKY

USAChrisKY Member

May 20, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shame about Viola letting that gol in. I mean just poor defense i believe.

3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    So I've heard that Valero looks very good. He may be the guy to break the Spanish players curse.

4. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    If Montello is smart he should move Valero more forward (Where Pizarro is playing)
    or on left wing in the 2nd half.

Also, Valero takes good FKs so I am suprised he has not taken one.

Edit
    1-1
    Valero > Pizzarro

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nice win. I got to watch the last 30 minutes and I gotta say. This team is heaps better than last season's edition. Should be a fun campaign.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fiorentina was on fire in the 2nd half where Udinese looked dead. I'm sure the heat had something to do with it. Nice way to start off the season by Fiorentina.....

8. CRSvideo

CRSvideo Member

Jul 24, 1999
    New York, NY
    Was able to find a stream of the match and watch the 2nd half. We looked great. Great win to start the season.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You guys made it a bit too close. I need to defend my prediction title and was relying on Nicola's enthusiasm that La Viola was going to have a good season. Montella will do a good job for you guys and if the two crazy brothers stay out of the team's way, maybe you are back among the seven sisters of days ago.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like Mazzone use to say. Le Sette Sorelle sono diventate 7 Ballerine! The 7 sisters have become 7 ballerina's......hahahahahahahaha!:D

11. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, that was nice. Domination, the lack of finish is a major weakness though El Ham looked like he could be the real thing. We had Barca-esque possession in the second half.

Keeping it that close was unfortunate, a team that plays so high up at all times will always be weak against counters but while Udinese was missing Di Natali, their defense was very good so this was good practice. Considering these guys have barely played together, things could get even better.

Valero was everywhere, Pizarro also very good. Jovetic was sloppy at first but well, he scored a brace. Ljajic was a man possessed and it's a shame he was subbed out. Romulo was not efficient but he caused issues. Cuadrado was a BEAST once subbed on and should replace Cassani when he's fit. The backline was nice and were a big part of our possession.

Would have liked to see some Fernandez but there will be time for that.

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I think we are missing that final incisive pass but that is expected with an almost complete overhaul of our roster.

I'm in good spirits and I honestly still would been in high spirits even if we had not gotten the late winner. Worlds apart from last season.

Worlds apart. (so far)

13. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was satisfied when we tied it up, even with some issues it was a joy to watch. A different universe from last year when we couldn't string together two passes. Borja Valero is in another league from Mrs. De Pin.

Critics might claim we are still too Jovetic-dependent but it was nothing like last year when he had to do everything himself.

14. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  15. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Jovetic is class.I hope you guys can hold onto him.

16. william6

william6 Member

Jan 5, 2011
    naples
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ******** you jovetic if it wasnt for this malaka i could of won 190 bucks. Lucky i like him