Matt?

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by dspence2311, Nov 1, 2010.

1. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I have been eagerly awaiting Matt's report of his conversation with Phil. I imagine others have too. I saw from his twitter account that Matt's been busy and so his account has been delayed. Matt, perhaps you could just give us the Cliff's Notes now,and fill in the rest later. We haven't had the privilege of an explanation from our ex-leader.

2. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Folks, apologies for the delay. I have had family in town since Friday, and now a sick kid. I'm going to try to get to it tonight.

3. Scooter Pete

Scooter Pete Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate those sick kicks.

[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3026175/the_best_ever_goal_roberto_carlos_incredible_goal_goal_winners_football_soccer/"]THE Best Ever Goal: Roberto Carlos, Incredible Goal, Goal Winners, Football, Soccer - Video[/ame]

4. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    that might be the sickest kick ever

5. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fluke :eek:

6. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I find Matt's description of his conversation with Phil (over at chanticosarmy.com) disappointing. All the focus is on the decision to depart, not how he treated those he asked to volunteer for the Aztex (silence) once it was made. To me that is the failing I'd like to see explained. And it wasn't.

It's no surprise to me that Phil preferred to stay in Austin, or that he tried hard to make that so. What still absolutely stuns me is that he could just walk without a word to those he asked to contribute. Of course, that isn't true of Matt. He heard from Phil, so his view of Phil's decision is somewhat understandable.

Oh well. Live and learn, I guess.

7. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've added a bit more in the comments section.

8. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Thanks for the report, Matt. I think perhaps I'm just out of step on the issue I was concerned about. Of course, these days I'm feeling out of step generally.