Matko Miljevic at Argentinos Juniors

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ChuckMe92, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And, since Nov. 4th, Miljevic is not playing anywhere. Or even making the bench.

2. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Argentinos Juniors 0- Lanús 0.

Argentinos should've easily won, but this was like playing FIFA against the computer in World Class and the goalkeeper saves everything, including a penalty. It should've been, easily, 3-0. The team improved a lot in how they play and ran over the opponent, who decided to defend all game.

Miljevic played the last 10 minutes, not much more to add in such a short amount of time.

Next game: Sport Huancayo on Tuesday the 11th at 2:15PM PST for the Copa Sudamericana, 1st leg at home.

edcrocker and BostonRed repped this.
  3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    This is the sixth game he plays this season (=since last summer) in the Superliga, for a total of 259'.

Chaliaaaj and edcrocker repped this.
  4. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    [​IMG]

Today Argentinos Juniors plays Sport Huancayo from Peru, at 2:15PM, for the Copa Sudamericana. I read he might be starting today due to Damián Batallini getting a surgery for appendicitis on Saturday (it's crazy that he played Friday night).

edcrocker and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  5. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matko gets the start ... and so does Kevin from Home Alone who is wearing #3

1227354726452334593 is not a valid tweet id

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    #232 Suyuntuy, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Args. Jrs. playing with a very attacking 4-3-3 at home, Matko as the LF (#19). The Peruvians have come out with a defensive 4-2-3-1, with the aging Carmona covering Miljevic's side.

---

MM got a yellow at the 18' mark.

---

Pretty goal by Gabi Hauche called back due to offside. The locals controlling the game as expected, though.

---

So far Huancayo has been very disciplined with the defense line, keeping it 0-0 and causing Matko and the other forwards to find themselves in an offside position whenever they try something. El Bicho needs two goals at least, because the return leg will be in Peru at around 10,700 feet above sea level (that's over TWO miles).

---

Huancayo scores on a perfect counter. 0-1. El Bicho in big trouble now.

edcrocker repped this.
  8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    #233 Suyuntuy, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Matko out at the start of the second half.

PS: Good decision, he had a yellow and had proved ineffective.

edcrocker and Chaliaaaj repped this.
  9. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Stupid game, if they had a decent CF that can score a goal they would've easily won, barely tied at home 1-1. Rematch is on the 25th.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  10. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    He went on loan to Boca Juniors for an entire year and they barely played him. His brother Alexis is part of the U23 who just won the Southamerican Pre-Olympic qualifying tournament and will start playing for Brighton. I know, it has nothing to do with Miljevic.

Here's a stat: today was game number 1700 that Argentinos Juniors has a player on the field that started their career there, 2nd only to Ajax.

Winoman and Suyuntuy repped this.
  11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Impressive stat. And among the guy who started with El Bicho, you have names that make Dream Teams even now: Redondo, Cambiasso, Batista & D10S.

Chaliaaaj repped this.
  12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has a "Traumatismo" who, by the way, was my favorite wrestler growing up:

13. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    A “light” traumatismo in his right elbow, to be precise (if not pedantic)

14. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    On Saturday they were tying 0-0, I was falling asleep and about to just turn it off until a player of Atlético Tucumán elbowed a defender in the face, got a RC and then the coach decided to go with 4 forwards. After that a penalty with 8 minutes and 2-0 with a few minutes left and a 2nd RC for Atlético.

3 very important points. Only a miracle can happen: 7 points away from River Plate with 3 games left and Boca is 3 points away from River Plate. I am trying all jinx possible but nothing is working and today I was sent a picture of Mick Jagger with the jersey of Argentinos Juniors :eek::eek::eek::eek: What are the odds that both of them lose 2 of the last 3 and tie a game and Argentinos wins all 3?

15. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    During the week, they tied 0-0 against Sport Huancayo from Peru and were eliminated because of the ridicolous rule of the "away goal", since they had tied 1-1 at home. They tied against a team that on the 1st leg found a lucky goal (a penalty wasn't awarded for them near the end of the game, but I do agree with the referee in not calling it because it wasn't 100% clear) and then decided to just defend with 7 players and only attack with 3 all game and playing at around 10500 feet of altitude. Nothing to say, except that I hope they can find a player that can put the ball in the net, because in the 1st game that was the main difference.

Tomorrow is a rivaly game with Vélez, with both stadiums only 45 minutes apart from each other. The game starts at 4:50PM PST

Counting tomorrow's game, there are 13 games left to determine who qualifies to which Cup and the coach of Vélez is Gabriel Heinze, the one who coached Argentinos Juniors in 2nd Division in 2017 and got the championship with 4 games left in a 46 game tournament and had a lot of games playing high level soccer. Here's an example of a 5-1 to a little team called All Boys, another cross town rival with stadiums 20 blocks away from each other (I don't know what it has to do with Miljevic, but enjoy :laugh::laugh::laugh:):

16. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It has nothing to do with him, which is why I'm reporting you and this post this post to the mods.

For not making anything like enough of them ;)

Winoman repped this.
  17. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Report it so the mods can also watch it :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yesterday they played very flat and Vélez wasn't doing anything either, but they scored right when the 1st Half was about to end. The 2nd half was all of Vélez, Argentinos just watched their goalkeeper Chaves (if any MLS scouts would pay attention, they would buy him) save everything he could but they wound up losing 2-0.

Next game is on Friday 4:10PM PST against Rosario Central at home. Last game of this miniseason, but now starts a 11 game Cup. So after 12 games, we'll finally know which teams qualify for which Cups and who gets relegated. By the way

18. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    A bittersweet tournament, so close to winning it: the only team of this, what I call, mini tournament of 23 games to finish unbeaten at home, beating Rosario Central 2-1 after starting down 1-0 and Rosario almost scored a 2nd goal. The team played well. Now there are 11 games left to see if they qualify for the Copa Libertadores or Sudamericana and, on the meantime, add points for the relegation table.

Next game: Wednesday at 5:10PST for a cup called Copa Argentina, a domestic cup. They play a team called Cañuelas from 4th Division. You would think it would be a easy game, but as of right now, after 6 games only one team from 1st Division won during the 90 minutes. I'm thinking Miljevic, if recovered from his injury, could possibly play because then they play again on Monday against Lanús.

UniversalAdvice, edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interview (in Spanish):

https://pasionpaternal.com.ar/entrevista-exclusiva-con-matko-miljevic.html

First contact with the USA team:

“I was 15 and they contacted my dad because I had no representative and they told him that they were following me and if there was any possibility of joining friends in Argentina. It was in January and I was training and he told me this and he couldn't believe it, he was very happy and obviously I accepted. We played friendlies against Argentinos, San Lorenzo and Racing and I played in 3. After that I went to the World Cup in France, a big tournament with a lot of people. I was able to play most of the games and I was very happy, a dream come true. ”

English:

"With the language I adapt quickly in 2 or 3 weeks, it is not that complicated, but a girl comes to my house just to perfect myself and not get stuck."

Ah, to be young again.

20. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    The embers are often better than the flame. Let us not fail to appreciate the privilege of female company, though it may recede to platonic after-glow.

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  21. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can get a girl to come to your house for not getting stuck
    at any age, bruh

22. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last week the AFA announced the abandonment of the 2020 Copa de la Superliga after one round. The current Copa de la Superliga format involves the 24 Primera Division teams being divided into two groups of 12 clubs that play each other once. The top 2 teams in each group then advance to the semifinals.

The 2019-2020 Argentine Primera Division ended on 3/9/20.
    Miljevic scored a goal in 256 minutes in the league (6 games, 2 starts). Argentinos Juniors finished in 5th.

However, 3 of Argentina's 6 spots in the 2021 Copa Libertadores (along with all 6 Copa Sudamericana spots) were awarded based on the combined 2019-2020 Primera Division and 2020 Copa de la Superliga table. As Argentinos Juniors won their only Copa de la Superliga match, they ended up in fourth in the combined table. As one spot was awarded to the Primera Division winner, by finishing fourth Argentinos Juniors have qualified for the second stage of the Copa Libertadores.

Miljevic picked up a yellow card in 46 minutes of playing time (one start) in the 2020 Copa Sudamericana. Argentinos Juniors lost their first stage tie.

Miljevic also saw 97 minutes of playing time (2 appearances, 1 start) in the 2018-2019 Copa Argentina (which despite the name was a 2019 calendar year tournament). Argentinos Juniors were eliminated in the Round of 16.

The 2019-2020 Copa Argentina (which is a calendar year-end 2020 tournament) is currently suspended. Argentinos Juniors have advanced to the Round of 32.

Chaliaaaj, UniversalAdvice and Winoman repped this.
  23. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Sorry, it's been a while: ARGENTINOS JUNIORS QUALIFIED FOR COPA LIBERTADORES 2021!!!

And, as a side note, Miljevic was rated 58 on FIFA and they made him a CDM. I already left a message on EA Sports' forum to change his rating and position...

24. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    I'm bored. FIFA even conspired against me: I played with Argentinos Juniors in career mode in Professional level and there were games where it seemed like it was World Class. I loaned out Miljevic, hopefully he'll come back to the team with a better rating :eek::eek:

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  25. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Argentinos Juniors has barely started practicing. If I'm not mistaken, the last League in the World to start. There was one format in place, but as always, they have to reconsider what to do and now nobody knows how the tournament will be played. On the meantime, I entertain myself with FIFA in Career Mode: Miljevic came back from his loan and now he's one of the starters. We just qualified to the 2nd Round of the Libertadores and already won the Sudamericana, while Flamengo waits for the Recopa.