Mathis rope-a-dope

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by studsup, Oct 29, 2003.

1. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Could it be that Coach Bob meant it literaly that the MLS cup is the only goal. Since the USOC is forgone, has Clint been instructed to play up his ineffectiveness to the point where the Revs will hardly mark him seriously. Has Bob been secretly working with Clint to uunleash his real game during the playoffs when it matters the most?

There were a coupla times that Clint seemed on the verge of bringing it all back home... then fell short.
    Was he just was sitting back, hanging on the ropes, biding his time to suddenly swing back? Is coach Bob that insidious? This is the guy that worked the keeper rule.

I do believe this, the playoffs are do or die for Clint. And frankly, I'd love to see him stick it in their faces.

2. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    You are in the running for the "Walter Mitty" of bigsoccer.com. What vivid daydreams!!!

3. jkl;

jkl; New Member

Oct 15, 2003
    He could be that insidious. Didn't someboy here say they thought Bradley might have kept playing Moreno through injury to make him go out on the DL so he could get a new guy in Jusko?

4. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    You guys have it all wrong. You're looking for BigConspiracyTheory.com

You'll finds gems such as these:

Did Kahn give up the rebound to Ronaldo because he has a crush on him? If not, then why was this letter found in Ronaldo's locker after the game:

"Do you like me?

Circle 'Yes' or No'."

Is Donovan only losing his hair so he can become a spokesperson for the Hair Club for Men?

Did Andrulis tell the Crew to suck so they would be underestimated in the playoffs, only to have it backfire on him when he found out they really do suck?

Did Cobi Jones start the 3 inch rumor on his own so that any lady who he slept with would be in for a big surprise?

5. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    i heard Ziadie decided to be consistently inconsistent all season so that he could get called up for Jamaica and none of us would care...are Jamaicans really this sneaky?...is Ricketts really 56 years old?...do we really have to play the Galapagos Islands in the early WCQ rounds?...i do believe im growing impatient for the playoffs to start...

6. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that soccer is like boxing where you can just turn it on or turn it off. It's tough enough being a good scorer, and when was the last time Mathis led the league in goals? He probably would have in 2000, but with the injury, we'll never know.

7. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    Re: Re: Mathis rope-a-dope

Why are you seriously answering this question?

8. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    It's gotta be clear from these threads -
    Metal Mike
    Digi's girl
    MFO f ups
    NJ v NY
    Mathis Rope-a-dope
    100's of suggestions for what some guy should buy
    Howard Stern appearance - donuts???
    - that we really need to get to the games, already. It's like that nervous banter in all those war movies before they hit the beach. Or the breakfast table banter in Reservoir Dogs.