Mathis Charged With Assault...

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Footix, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mathis Charged With Assault...

Check out Franchino's disciplinary record compared to Clint's. Especially this season. Clint is also one of the most widely disliked players around the league due to his phenomenal commitment to wasting his talent and crying to refs. But I felt that in the situation he was not the party that demonstrated the greatest offense, even if he did get a little playful with his elbow.

As to some of the comments above - on further reflection, I don't really have much justification to call myself a classy fan - I am not close enough to the team to support it, and my anecdotal comment about Clint was pretty silly. But many, many DC United fans (and especially the supporter groups) are as good as it gets in MLS.

And despite all of the spleen that DC United fans vent against Metros fans, we give props where props are due (to guys who we respect for their soccer ability - even Ricardo Clark, Johnny Walker and Eddie Pope). And we are critical of our own players as much as we are of other players (there is no great love for Stoichkov although we typically stand up for Kovalenko as being wrongly adjudged a vicious player even if he does hack).

But basically, ya'll have a lot of weirdos on your boards. That is the main point that needs to be made.

[takes off his "tinfoil hat".]

2. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winner of the Darwin Award...

MetroStars Board,

Please don't press charges on Ramario for throwing the towel at Guevara...

Quakes Board

3. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Winner of the Darwin Award...

Listen, that towel had "intent" written all over it.

4. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mathis Charged With Assault...

Don't forget to put your hat back on the next time one of those "The league makes new rules to help the MetroStars" threads breaks out on the DC boards. ;)