Mathis & Blackburn / Newman not Costacurta

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by JRedknapp11, Jul 31, 2002.

1. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Middle of the page is where you will find Mathis info.... interesting to see that Mathis can easily obtain an EU work pemit which is very hard to come by when applying for an English one. With that now in know, I'm sure more teams will start to look into him again.

Newman news is kinda old...said he wants to come to the NYC area to play football if Rangers don't give him something concrete before the end of the season...I'd rather have Newman anyday over the Italian...both are quality players but Newman would probably stick around longer then the Alesandro.....Newman article is on the home page.

http://www.ussocceruk.com/modules.p...le=article&sid=30&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

2. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    tenafly
    La Gazzetta the leading Italian sport newspaper, states that Costacurta signed for the Metros already. It is a done deal!Then, it speculates that he will play the playoffs and the he will join Bolton in the UK, the team coached by Franco Baresi, his old team-mate. R9

3. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    First off it's Numan not Newman. Secondly Franco Baresi I believe works for Fulham. I say believe because I do not know if he took the job. thirdly, ussocceruk whatever is as reliable as reading tea leaves. Fourthly MLS even in all it's stupidty would not sign a player for a month. Fifthly a EPL team would not sign a player such as Costacurta to start playing 3 months after their season starts.

4. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    tenafly
    yes you are right it's Fulham, not Bolton the Franco Baresi team. In regard to the Costacurta contract for just a few months, that's what La Gazzetta says, it is not the Bible, but that what the newspaper is saying. R9

5. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
  6. cmonaco

cmonaco New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Montreal/NYC
    Branco? how long was he here for? Sounds like a very similar scenario to Costacurta. There is a precedent. (Unfortunately).

Rule #1: Do not ever underestimate the stupidity of MLS.

7. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

Well they did not sign him for a month. His actions only made his stay here very brief. There is a big difference between the two. MLS' intent with Branco was for him to play more than 5 games and get 3 red cards I am sure.

8. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Which is why we probabably should be worried that they might sign this guy:

9. Tommy

Tommy New Member

May 3, 1999
    NYC,NY
    This is NUMAN
    [​IMG]

This is NEWMAN
    [​IMG] [/B][/QUOTE]

Is it because I'm a Celtic supporter that I can't tell the difference?

10. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Adams Turned Down Deal In America

Former England captain Tony Adams turned down the chance to extend his playing career in America and has instead decided to take some time out of football.

The ex-Arsenal defender was offered a 12-month deal with the New York/New Jersey Metrostars in the Major Soccer League...

The Guardian

11. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bastard! You made me spit out a mouthful of water I laughed so hard!