Pre-match: Matchweek ?; Aston Villa v. Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Jun 8, 2020.

1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It is you.

On attack, he can drift out here and there a bit, but on defense and his part in the high press is where he really earns his keep and playing time and that may be a part in attacking energy waning a bit now and then.

Blueallthru repped this.
  2. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    he plays too far up the pitch, kid is an 8 he isn't a winger and at times he looks like he is playing as a second striker.

dspence2311 repped this.
  3. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rudi isn’t at fault for the goal but he almost played them in on one. Second half he he messed up bad and thankfully they didn’t score off it. He was just poor. Outside of AC ball watching on the goal and missed clearance he was far better of the two.

Just shaking off the rust I’m sure. Hopefully their ready for City. If we can snag a point there we cooking

4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    AC and Rudi both had their issues and not sure I'd put one much above the other. Lots of rust like you said.

Dave was the consensus motm in the media though could have been even better with his first half crosses. Mount widely regarded as a close second for his overall contribution.

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man the crossing was horrendous in the first half

6. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah.. only took 50+ crosses to start getting them right. What a nightmare. Eventually proved to be important but I don't really see that as a viable strategy going forward. We barely created any chances.

7. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    hopefully Reese quickly finds form and health again, beautiful crosser, but ,man did he stink up the place with lost possession last match

8. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seeing our full backs over the years it makes me increasingly appreciate just how good Ashley Cole was. He excelled at his position every bit as much as cech, it, lamps, maka and drogs did in there's.

What I wouldn't give for another Cole on at least one flank.

lobomojo, Dr_Intoxicated and truefan420 repped this.
  9. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We all harp on LB but we’re not much better on the right..

10. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Have to agree, Could not cross, but was absolutely exquisite at every thing else, especially the getting back and forth and sniffing danger and working with the wings and mf. Bridge was never the same after Shearer wiped him out with that nasty cheap tackle that destroyed his ankle but Cole proved the best in end.