Matchday Thread | GROUP F

Discussion in 'Group F: Argentina, Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria' started by JohnnyFutbol, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who Will Advance.

1. Argentina

85.1%
  2. Bosnia and Herzegovina

55.3%
  3. Iran

20.2%
  4. Nigeria

29.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All the persian soccer fans on facebook/instagram/social media right now:

[​IMG]

2. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Man are you a sore loser. You lost the match 3-1 so they were better, why can't you admit defeat?

Pindakaas and mistert06 repped this.
  3. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    because bosnia played with no pressure and we went in needing 3 points. if you are not clueless about football, you know the effect this can have. but hey credit to the bosnians either way they played well. their 3rd goal was amazing as there was only one possible place that the scorer could have possibly placed it, down to the inch, for it to go in at that angle, and he did.

4. DinoMostarac

DinoMostarac Member+

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Iran had a good showing this World Cup and played like warriors throughout.

Iran and the Persian fans have absolutely nothing to feel bad about.

As a Bosnia fan I'm very bitter and upset with some of the player selections made by our coach and the lack of effort shown by some players.

Not starting Kolasinac against a fast and physical team was idiotic, and not subbing him in after seeing how open out left flank was even dumber. At least we got one win though

Mani repped this.
  5. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I was never a fan of Carlos Queiroz, but despite the fact that I find the utterly unbelievable praise that is heaped on him by many of our fans and some of our commentators too generous, lavish and even irresponsible, I have to admit that he did alright with Iran in this World Cup. The game against Argentina was certainly the highpoint of our World Cup campaign, even if we ended up losing that match.

That said, I don't want Queiroz as our coach. I don't like his style of football. And I find him too egotistical and much more focused in promoting himself than Iran's team. At the end of the day, for the opponents we face in Asia, in my judgment Carlos Queiroz will not be the most effective coach for Iran.

Mani and locoxriver repped this.
  6. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    why are you so against Iran? is it because we humiliated argentina? we dont need to do that. argentina will do that all by themselves in the quarter finals with that joke defense.

7. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you are clueless about football. pressure makes the best crumble (let alone Iran, who sucks under pressure). bosnia went in today with no pressure, meaning they could calmly play. then they got the 1st goal which changed everything.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm really not against Iran. I actually wanted you guys to advance, in all seriousness.

Its just that I saw so much cockiness and shit talking from the Persians towards the Bosnians, that it's a bit funny to see them all retract their statements now.

As for the images I posted, I just think they reflect Iranian fans' feelings right now, as seen in your posts.

canis repped this.
  9. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you clearly did not see what the bosnians said lol.

10. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    yet our defense held messi and co till 91st minute. your logic is amazing lol. anyways, until you post with your real account, you will not get any more responses by me.

11. mistert06

mistert06 Member

Jul 4, 2006
    All that proves is that they mentally didn't have what it takes to win. Therefore they deserved defeat. Logic, no?

PS, where did you buy your excuse generator? It's a good one!

12. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just admit you have a weak team. You did well. Beyond most people's expectations. But both Bosnia and Nigeria are stronger. Thinking otherwise is just fooling yourself.

Pindakaas, haibe and locoxriver repped this.
  13. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    as i stated, Iran does not play well under pressure. i dont know where you got that logic but its clearly not logic lol. i have made no excuses. i simply said the conditions are different in response to the bosnians who thought they owned us, and they were. we still lost and i could not care less because we would be out on goal differential anyway.

14. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    Iran does have weaker players on paper. but our performance was equally as good as those 2 teams, if not better. which makes our performance even more impressive.

Zandi360 repped this.
  15. kakuen

kakuen Member

Jun 27, 2005
    This guy actually believe in what he is saying, he is not fooling himself but he is delusional.

16. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Look, No need for insults, i know you're upset your team lost so I give you that.
    Football is a game of ifs and buts, countless games could have gone completely differently if one or another thing had happened. Hey, if Silva makes that amazing chance against Holland Spain might still be in the tournament. That's life. But still, one can overdo it, you sometimes make it sound as if Iran should be on 9 points in this group and the only reason they aren't is poor tactics by Carlos or a ref who doesn't grant you a penality in one of the matches. The reality is that you were competitive but ultimately the worst team in the group. Not by a lot but still you were.

17. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    anyways, i am proud of the boys. we still are the best asian team in the world cup, considering that we did better than a country like japan who spends 200 times more on soccer and has much better everything in terms of conditions to create a good team, we should be proud.

18. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you clearly have it wrong again. i never said anything close to we deserved 9 points lol. i simply said Iran/bosnia/nigeria proved to be inseparable and this was the case. plus, you cannot compare not scoring a chance to being robbed by the ref lol.

19. GoalsReview

GoalsReview New Member

Jun 25, 2014
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  20. mistert06

mistert06 Member

Jul 4, 2006
    You've made tons of excuses to deny the actual and clear results of the group. If it wasn't for the pressure... The roster choices... The coaching decisions... The Hail Marys... The tactical errors...

That's the point, isn't it? Saying that Iran was at a disadvantage because of all these things is making excuses. BIH was the better team today. you can argue for a draw against ARG, but you have nothing external here to deny a complete victory to BIH. Except, excuses.

21. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    bosnia was better today, but the conditions were not neutral. i never said we would WIN if the conditions were neutral, but the chances would certainly be higher. the penalty is a valid excuse. the hail mary was not an excuse: it was used to say that argentina had it tough against Iran and thus unlike clearly beating bosnia and nigeria, they required a hail marry from messi, which is true. carlos DID make tactical errors. so as i successful refuted, all of those are not "excuses" as you imply. i remain logically correct in all aspects.

22. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    No, you didn't say that 'literally' but you imply it. During every Iran match you endlessly posted how Iran would have scored already if not for Carlos and his stupid tactics, how Iran only conceded this goal because of Carlos, how the ref decided the game by not giving you a penalty. Even today, where Bosnia were better than Iran in absolutely every department you still keep saying that without Carlos you would have won, how lucky Bosnia were on all of their goals etc lalala. You make every game sound as if Iran are these worldbeaters that would win all these matches if they had a better coach or a better ref or whatever. The reality is you have one point, from a 0-0 against Nigeria. Better than nothing but you were ultimately no match in that group. Small things decide, look at England, they were never outplayed, lost twice narrowly and go home. That's football.

Pindakaas, Hesky and kaizer5 repped this.
  23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    TheHairyPicka, an obvious sock, who joined BigSoccer only today, to troll Iran after the loss. Some people have no class or shame, they were predicting Iran to lose by 4-5 goals to Argentina, finish last in the overall World Cup standings, and go pointless, yet they were all hiding in their holes after Match Day 2, with Iran an inch or a wrong call away from upseting Argentina. But now that Iran loses, which is part of the game, the haters come out of their holes and make socks, just to troll, ignoring the fact that Iran did far better than what these haters had "predicted" for us. What I said from day 1, was that Iran is no walkover, and we have a chance in this Group, and that proved to be the truth. We were in it with a chance, untill the last day.

Socrates_81 repped this.
  24. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    again you are making exaggerations in order to discredit me. i never said Iran WOULD HAVE SCORED had carlos made the right subs. i said that the PROBABILITY of scoring would be HIGHER. why are you bringing up the penalty again? YES, had we gotten that penalty, we 99% would have at least tied. why are you bringing it up again to discredit me? LOL when did i say without carlos we would have one today. i JUST posted what i think of that. look at my previous post. i never said bosnia were lucky on any goal, again, you are clearly lying.

you are not rational at all. saying that Iran is the worse team in this group when we tied nigeria, did better against argentina than the other 2 teams, does not make any sense considering nigeria and bosnias overall performance. anyways, no point of arguing any further. i have made my points and you are simply lying or exaggerating. nothing productive will come with continuing this.

25. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    indeed. hating on Iran now that we lost a must-win match against a relaxed team under no pressure proves that they are mad at how Iran made them look like fools in the previous 2 matches (them saying argentina will own us and nigeria would beat us). btw the way he said how the bosnian coach is 100 times worse makes it obvious that he is a bosnian troll lol.

Mani repped this.