[Matchday 6] The Arsenal vs Chel$ea [R] Pre/Dur/Pos

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by The Foo Fighter, Sep 17, 2015.

1. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right!

And a 3-match ban is pretty lightweight considering the ferocity, violence, and potential for harm that Costa decided to unleash.

Koz deserves super super kudos for keeping his cool in that melee. Gabriel's initial involvement by doing all the reacting for Koz, and keeping the other 2 apart, was actually good to see.

EXCEPT then Gab showed his relative immaturity (in stark contrast to Koz) by continuing to have a go at Costa (speaking Portuguese compounded things), getting lured in, and and then the ultimate stupidity of kicking out and getting tossed.

Which almost certainly cost us the game. Hopefully Gab has learned a little lesson over all this.

But when you have evil negative footballers like Costa and Materrazzi, it's just plain hard not to get sucked into their little inferno. Just ask the veteran Zidane how well that went.

charlie15 repped this.
  2. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    For me that's much bigger than whatever happens to Costa (or Gab for that matter) if in fact it shakes out that way.

3. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A couple of thoughts on this.

As I said before, I was flabbergasted that the FA rescinded Gabby's card. Even if there was another angle that showed no actual contact, the move could have been interpreted as attempted retaliation under the rules. Couple that with the three match ban for Costa and I think the intent is to send out a message. As Prince mentioned before, the media was all over this, and not just the normal British media circus but world media. Nobody wants big matches decided by this kind of douchebaggery. It's bad for the product image. So, beware cvntos, if you fukk with the image of the spectacle you can expect to be shown no mercy.

yossarian and DaPrince84 repped this.
  4. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And with that theory, then the next target might be the big man Mourinho himself. How about that lovely press conference in which he said that Diego plays the game the way it needs to be played in order to sell tickets, TV rights, etc. So if the EPL doesn't want to be the NHL, then they should snuff out Jose too. ;)

charlie15 repped this.
  5. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently wenger divorced his wife recently . Give him 6 months
    He will be as good as gold

6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I looked that up. Apparently divorce is coming.

Part of me is not at all surprised. I'd divorce him too... he's too obsessed with football, he's too much a workaholic, etc. I always thought she was living a widow's life already.

The other part had no clue because he's been so guarded about his private life. The only time I ever can remember him referring to his wife was when he made that comment about "everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home" or something like that.

Anyway, what are you saying that once he's through with the divorce stuff, he'll be a new man, spending big on the transfer market and becoming a master in-game tactician? ;)

charlie15 repped this.
  7. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Where are people getting this Mike Dean getting demoted stuff from?

He's on for West Ham-Norwich this weekend.

8. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Missed the game. Looks like I should be glad I did. Saw a replay of the Costa incident. I'm not going to cheer if someone breaks Costa's leg, but I may have a hard time not smiling.

9. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Giroud has scored thouh, and a decent goal too (at Palace). One tonight would be sound. :D

11. The English Hacker

Aug 8, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was mentioned in The Guardian article about Gab's suspension being overturned: http://www.theguardian.com/football...gabriel-paulista-wins-appeal-red-card-chelsea

"The panel, essentially, took their side and they deemed Dean to have made an error of judgement. It is unusual to see a decision over-turned when the referee has had a clear view of the incident but it has happened in this instance. Dean can expect to be demoted from the Premier League list."

12. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    All true except for the last sentence, I suppose. Bad journalism.

13. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's exactly right...he will refuse to speak english..only answer in french and drop the mike after every presser

14. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenalist had a gif of the "kick" and Dean totally blew that call. It was literally a touch.

15. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States