Matchday 4: AS Roma-Leverkusen [R]

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by abw, Nov 3, 2004.

1. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    I just got the UEFA pass, and this match is well worth watching. Not because of the uniforms (which should be banned), or the haircuts (which are too Italian even for Italians) but because there's no crowd noise. It's played closed-door due to disciplinary reasons. As a friend noted, there's no simulation/diving - because you can hear the crack of the boot on the leg when there's really a foul.

2. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Just caught brief highlights on Sat1 this morning. What the hell was Totti doing? Only a yellow card for jumpin up and landing hard with studs down on Ramelow. :mad:
    Glad to see the dirty team out of European competition.

3. PYordan

PYordan New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Pamplona, Spain
    Easily the weirdest game I have ever seen on television. It was like watching a practice session or something. Kind of eerie to see them in this giant empty stadium. Too bad I don't speak Italian or German, because it would have been cool to understand what the players were saying.

4. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    I had never seen a competitive closed door game, either. It's really weird. Especially in such a big, empty stadium.

I swear that around 26" I could hear the crowd chanting outside the stadium.