Matchday 30 | October 4, 2017 | @ OC Blues

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by mangerson, Oct 4, 2017.

1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2017-10-4_12-52-4.png

Republic FC (45 pts., 13-10-6 overall, 5-6-2 away) @ OC Blues (37 pts., 9-10-10 overall, 5-5-4 @ home)

Orange County Great Park
    • Television: none
    • Radio: none
    Klimenta and Caesar are away on national team duty.

Best possible finish is 5th place, not that it matters. However, we could easily drop to 7th or 8th if we don't take care of business. Three points the rest of the way guarantees us a playoff spot.

2. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell are they playing on? Looks like turf from the way stuff gets kicked up... but it also looks strangely like players are sinking into the surface a little, and all the players' running mechanics, for both teams, look a little odd.

3. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ever since I had that epiphany about Cazarez I'm going mad every time he passes the ball away and backs up into a conservative position.

4. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Damn

Just not our year. Didn't realize how much Barrera contributed pushing the ball.

It really seems like so many of our counter attack/ 1v1 opportunities are screwed up by poor touches from the forwards or positioning of the ball by the mids (or both).

5. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    OC does have a nice looking little stadium. Hopefully they can gets some butts in those seats now that they have a permanent home

fortunesfool223 repped this.
  6. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would describe this season as schizofrenic..... one minute I'm cheering them on, and the next minute, I'm screaming "what the hell are you doing?"

Last night was no exception.

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    IMHO there is a something wrong w/ the midfield & the defense - I am thinking that Hall has to cover a lot of ground & is hampered in protecting the defense