Matchday 13 | Sat. June 2 | Orange County FC

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by Robdog, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    IMHO Iwasa goal should have counted - good match to watch - next up Sounders

mangerson repped this.
  2. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 fortunesfool223, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    I swear i felt the concussion from Bijev's shot into the crossbar. He smoked that ball. These SRFC vs OC matchups are developing into a yellow card party.

Robdog repped this.
  3. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard after the game that Malik Badawi, the referee for this game, tends to use his yellow card a lot.

That said, Amico should have been sent off much earlier, on the foul that led to the PK. To me that was a yellow card foul, he already had a yellow, and I think the ref just didn't want to send him off while also awarding a PK.

Robdog repped this.
  4. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    There was another play when Kneeshaw was streaking through & Amico was already on a yellow, tripped Kneeshaw just before he broke into the backline of OCFC - The ref only gave Amico a talking too. Should have been sent off on that play. BTW, I found some video footage of the goal that was taken away from Iwasa in the first half - sorry that is a legit goal - the ref is blind

fortunesfool223 repped this.
  5. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, i just watched the game again on dvr, and you're right...Iwasa's goal was legit, and the tackle on Kneeshaw was yellow card worthy. Although, to be honest, I thought Amico's first yellow (on Bijev?) was a bit harsh.

PS - and yes, I resurrected a thread for a game completed almost a week ago.....it' s what i do when i've spent the morning pre-scheduling the dvr for World Cup games.