Match Day 12 (match #35) - Iran v. Portugal - Saransk

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco' started by soccernutter, Jun 19, 2018.

1. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The gestation period for Malaria is around 9-14 days.

#justsaying

HomietheClown repped this.
  2. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    well fernando santos always looks like he is about to crap his pants so perhaps it is not exclusive to the Iran game.

dude even on here the portuguese fans who are usually cocky are so quiet and admitting they might lose. although that happened after the spain game where they saw what Iran was capable of. we all warned you that is how we play and you laughed at us and underestimated us. after the spain game you realized it and are now careful and cautious.

i dont have exact sources but i heard that portuguese media says Iran match will be difficult.

even the fans i know in real life they are very scared going into the game against Iran. and to think you have an advantage before the game already starts (you only need a tie)... imagine if you didnt have that advantage! it would be D-day for portuguese football.

3. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since you asked: predictions are fine...it was the rest of your post that was deemed excessively provocative.

4. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    is portugal going with the same line up as the 2 previous matches?

Iran will have fresh legs. jahanbakhs and taremi (left/right attacking wingers) will both be fresh because they both rested at least 1 match. so i would expect that they start today and karim ansarifard (who started both matches) will start on the bench... but knowing how CQ loves karim you never know. we also have ghoddos who only came on as a sub in both games so he is fully fresh. i dont expect him to start but if we need a goal he will definitely come in. i was pissed that CQ brought him on in the 85th minute against spain... should have came on at 70th. i dont know how fit dejagah is but if he can play he is also an option off the bench. saied ezatollahi is also fit because he only played against spain. amiri and hajsafi will be tired so i wonder if they will start. even our center back hosseini will be fully fresh because he only played one game.

expect a fast and fresh Iran side. fatigue will not be a factor.

5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    "Iran will win 1-0 so shut down the thread" is the only thing I posted. it was clearly friendly banter. but anyways the past is the past.

6. Edwardinho

Edwardinho Member

Barcelona
    France
    Feb 11, 2018
    Suggestion: Can you trim/edit posts instead of deleting them?

Paul Calixte repped this.
  7. EMANYL

EMANYL New Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    With all due respect respect, I cannot wait for Portugal to shut not only the Iranians up, but your specific mouth. All you do is get on your high horse about Iran, a team that is coached by CQ the dud, his own nation portugal despise him, there is a reason he can't get a gig elsewhere. Parking the bus and praying for the counter just shows Iran's sad lack of skill. You seem to forget Portugal have been one of the great football nations since forever and for a country of only 10mil its safe to say Football is naturally in our bloods. Only hours to go before you get sent back to reality whilst Iran get on their flight home where they belong, with the european champions advancing with fellow big boys Spain. Iran cannot play with the big boys sorry to break it to you champ.

8. Edwardinho

Edwardinho Member

Barcelona
    France
    Feb 11, 2018
    Both Portugal and Iran play Portuguese brand of bunker ball. There is no need to get uneasy on this matter. May the best bunker ball win the match.

RollsReus repped this.
  9. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you seem unproportionally agitated my friend. how would it shut me up if portugal win when i myself said we have a 25% chance of winning. we are the underdogs, if we win, portugal will be humiliated. if we lose, then it is just status quo. all eyes are on portugal. youre up.

10. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Under Santos Portugal lost only one of 26 competitve matches and it was without Ronaldo. I don't think Iran's winning chance is more than 15%. They need a perfect game. They need to score a goal by themselves finally. They need to score first. They need to controll Ronaldo over 90 minutes. Odds are just too stacked against Iran. And I wouldn't count on Portugal having two poor games in a row. I would love to see an upset but I just can't see it.

Tom Collingsworth and Edwardinho repped this.
  11. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Portugal also lost to Chile in semis of the confed cup on PKs

12. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    I count only 90 minutes result.

13. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    well 1 in 26... it has to end one day. do you think it will go 1 in 100 then 1 in 1000?

prior to the spain match, Iran did not lose a single competitive match since 4 years ago in world cup 2014.

dont read too much into these stats.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Queiroz knows how to stop Ronaldo. Kept him goalless for 16 months. :ROFLMAO:

15. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA
    ya iran also plays in asia.

16. Asimovfan

Asimovfan Member

Esteghlal
    Iran
    Jun 15, 2018
    #41 Asimovfan, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2018
    lol Swedish fans are calling their own player "darkie terrorist," "suicide killer," "arab terrorist" etc... On their own federation's website. But no, that's not an issue. A bunch of ********* hooligan types do what ********* football fans do and it's blown out of proportion. Maybe don't get a hotel room beside the fan zone! There's an idea.

17. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    also on reddit soccer milad mohammadi failed throw in got 20k upvotes. but the entire panama team trying to score while england was celebrating their goal only got like 7k upvotes even the it was the most bizarre thing that happened in world cup history by far.

also cronaldo and pepe act and dive and cheat in actual games but 12 Iranian fans shouting outside the hotel half a kilometer away from fanfest for an hour 20 hours before the match becomes breaking world news even more than argentina fans ganging up on and kicking a croatian fan in the head and nearly killing him.

the more they provoke us the more determined we become. we will win today.

Asimovfan repped this.
  18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Don't even remind us.

19. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    do you think CQ will jump in the air to celebrate if Iran win?

20. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    for the good of the game i hope cronaldo doesnt score a lame goal early on and kill the game. i hope ref fully utilized VAR for potential cronaldo dives. also, i thought diving was a yellow. but they dont seem to be carding players for it.

21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    We will never know

22. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    #47 persianfootball, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    line ups are out.

[​IMG]

as i expected, karim ansarifard is not starting (because he started both previous games). but i am surprised amiri is starting because he ran like a horse back and forth in the past 2 games and must be tired. i wonder why milad mohammadi did not get the start.. perhaps low confidence due to his failed throw in attempt.

it is interesting that portugal reserved its best line up for this match. their best 3 attackers are on. they will be a nightmare on the counterattack. but the rest of their team, especially their defense is not that impressive. if we play defensive we should be fine though because spanish offense was even stronger and we contained them.

i really hope OUR best attackers on paper, azmoun and jahanbakhsh, finally show up today. we have several good attacking options on the bench: ghoddos, dejagah (not sure if he is fit though) reza gucci, karim ansarifard, and even shojaie. if we need a goal i really hope CQ brings ghoddos on instead of karim, and i would like to see gucci play in such a situation.

23. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paul Calixte repped this.
  24. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where no warning is issued, sure thing. (just to be clear, @persianfootball wasn't warned for that post)

Edwardinho repped this.
  25. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran