Match #8 versus Tampa Bay Rowdies 5/22/10

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by Battra, May 17, 2010.

1. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. KyleScarborough

KyleScarborough New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. MLSTIM

MLSTIM Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Saint Charles
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
    I love Tampa's uniforms...both home and away. I think they look very classy and I think the striped socks really stand out and make the uniform. If they end up getting another shot at MLS and keep the Rowdies tradition, I could be a fan of theirs for sure.

Tim

4. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, our city was founded by the French, is named after a French guy, and has lots of French place names and the largest Mardi Gras outside of New Orleans.

5. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My only complaint about hour home shirts is the yellow bib on the back. Just put the goddamn numbers in green on a plain white back. how hard is that? I only own the away kit and likely won't ever buy a home shirt unless they get rid of the weird looking bib.

6. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or just go with black letters and numbers like Celtic. Looks just fine and no need for a giant square that kills the hoop design.

7. LaMacchia+10

LaMacchia+10 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Illinois
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    how about how i got slapped by some punk and had to punch him in the mouth? i didnt realize just random idiots can sit in section 20,wish it were different... im an eads brigade member and i brought my gf to the game only to have beer spit on her by this punk that is supposedly from daypints idk thats what he said he and his friend , pretty much pisses me off morons like that... not daypints(nothing but love for dp) just this guy are around our great ac supporters . i appreciate the love and support from my eads bro's.... you guys are great... IM AC TIL I DIE

8. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering how long until someone brought this up.
    And I guess I forgot your BS name, sorry.
    Yeah, the dude definitely has issues. I heard him early in the game say something like "I want to get in a soccer fight, European style". I guess the guy watches "Green Street Hooligans" way too much. I would bet he even watched it before the game. Anyway, sorry it happened to you, let's not let a couple rotten apples ruin the whole bunch. We've got enough crap to worry about. (it will be interesting to see if they show up to the next home game and where they will sit).

9. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

they were definitely looking for a fight. Me and my guys noticed them right away. You could tell when they walked in they just wanted some violence. I mean, who would go sit in the middle of 20 without knowing anyone? I saw the girls spitting beer several times- even when people were trying to break it up they were spitting beer. I was drunk enough to start that way until the Sheik grabbed me and said that I could get banned from the games if I got involved- that sobered me up a little. :mad:

10. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    these guys actually always sit in Sec 20 and have even been to Amsterdam Tavern for the watch parties.

the action happened right behind me and I was tempted to get involved, but I just reminded myself of a couple things:
    1. I didn't want to possibly get arrested, and especially have my wife (who had a major migraine and almost didn't let me go to the game anyway because she had to stay home and watch the 2 year old and 5 month old by herself) have to come bail me out!
    2. Didn't want to get kicked out and possibly banned
    3. didn't want to have a continuous battle with these guys (though this could happen anyway)

Hopefully things will settle down and everything will be cool from now on

11. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm....

1764 St. Louis is founded by Pierre Laclede under the approval of the Governor of The Louisiana Territory.

St. Louis is named after Louis XI
    [​IMG]

Until 1810 the Chouteaus, the de facto monarchal dynasty until the 1850's in St. Louis, only spoke French, even during the Spanish and American time periods of the territory.

I can go on. :)

12. StlSpursFan

StlSpursFan Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Da 314
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yeah that dude comes every game. He talks shit the whole time, not even typical trying to start stuff shit talking. But he would start saying shit how the team sucks and stuff. It seemed like he hated the experience and was throwing cans of beer at people. Just a real retard. That was the first game. I've made sure not to sit by him and his group anymore. Not worth the inconvenience

13. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any time I'd try to take a picture he'd jump in and flip me off.

Real cool.

14. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude that guy is NOT a DayPints member. People know what happened. Trust me, you're cool.

Plus you handled shit yourself, lol. I'd say it worked itself out.

15. BDK8403

BDK8403 New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    St.Louis
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't there on saturday ( i'm from daypints) but doubt anyone from our group would do that to u. My guess is he was just standing by us and not affiliated w/the group. That's pretty ridiculous that it's an actual "ac supporter" stirring shit up with ya though. But just to let u know, thats not the way we roll.

16. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No man, he's not DP.

Actually he was behind Eads close to UK. He's nowhere near DP.

As Chris said he apparently just claimed he was.

17. BDK8403

BDK8403 New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    St.Louis
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gotya brother, like i said i had no idea, but u obviously know were not like that. Any plans for the match on saturday??

18. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's actually embarrassing is he added himself on the RCS facebook page. I deleted him off there after the incident.

Actually I was hit with beer myself and started losing it, screaming into the stands for someone to man up and admit shit.

Then the dude was in the parking lot trying to convince UK guys that he was "sucker punched".

I told them what was going on.

If he comes again he's not gonna have too many friends and I can seriously see something happening that's a lot more severe if this crap doesn't stop.

19. LaMacchia+10

LaMacchia+10 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Illinois
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    i was hoping he was just some idiot not affiliated with a supporters group, i was going to try to let the whole beer shit go but once dude slapped me really didnt have a choice...he was def not sucker punched he slapped me and i immeadiately hit him sorry for the confusion and misunderstanding dp i hope dude either goes some where else or something i wont move from the section im in ive been there all year...might have to just insulate myself with my Eads buds to keep from having to knock this moron out again...im not a hard ass and dont pretend to be but u can only push a guy so far

20. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think several of us will ask him "nicely" to move along. ;)

21. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't sweat it, man. It won't even be allowed to become an issue again.

Your only downside is being a Liverpool supporter.

ZING!

22. LaMacchia+10

LaMacchia+10 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Illinois
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    youll never walk alone man lol

23. LaMacchia+10

LaMacchia+10 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Illinois
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Its AC first tho now

24. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I am a Celtic supporter, so thanks!