PBP: Match 7 | Germany vs. Australia | June 13th | Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That quote is from Thomas Müller.

2. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    have you got a video

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    they must have been sleeping in halftime one then :D

regarding Cacau: personal mobility in terms of migration is a central and integral theme in recent decades of human society. Learn to deal with it because there will be no way back to the times before

4. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The age-old argument against zonal marking is to ask yourself when the last time 'space' scored a goal... Space doesn't score goals, players do...

5. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ^^ Exactly you should mark the players closely and try to unsetlle them so they wont have comfortable headers

6. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We'll blow everyone away
    Germany believe this will be their World Cup!
    Dream goals! Dream football! Dreams of the title!
    http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-e...any-believe-this-will-be-their-world-cup.html

:D

[​IMG]
    http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-e...rman-fa-boss-tells-coach-i-loew-you-jogi.html

7. Zullu

Zullu Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I Löw you:p

8. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He said it to a SZ journalist.http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/wm-thomas-mueller-wie-beim-fc-bayern-1.959015-2
    Translation of the last sentence: Then he used an expression, which could perhaps get wings in the next WC-days: "Louis van Löw."

9. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Wow. They're all going gay for van Löw.

10. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    germany looked very good yesterday..the technique and movement germany showed in this game was top class..although i must say the aussie defense was in shambles..the game against the serbs will be much more difficult even though the serbs looked like crap against ghana..serbs are pretty organized in the back and will play with alot less pressure against the germans as not many people will be expecting the serbs to get a result..i hope im wrong but i think the serbs will get a point in this game..balakan mentality is very strange and balkans usually show up when everyone is counting them out..

11. Zullu

Zullu Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All the pressure is on the Serbs lol...if they don't win they're probably fcuked...

12. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    yes pressure is on serbia but balkan mentality is very weird..i would not be surprised at all if they play with alot less pressure as nobody is expecting them to get a result..similar thing happened with croatia in 2002 against italy when nobody expected them to do anything after a poor loss against mexico..i hope its not deja vu all over again..

13. Zullu

Zullu Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It doesn; t matter what anybody expects, they know not getting a win= booking their flights home...They know the heats on them, and that's mostly just cos they can't afford not to win..

14. Kimmyongguk

Kimmyongguk Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Beijing
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I thought Lahm, Ozil and Mueller played extremely well (Lahm really deserves to be the Spielfuhrer), Podolski was good enough, Neuer was very solid, Khedira, Schweini need to do better, Marin hasn't been tested, Gomez was downright awful.

Am I the only one who is concerned about Germany's defense? It was quite shaky at times, consider the opponent was Australia I fear they will not fare well against Ghana, Argentina and those top-tier teams. I hope Loew will address this.

15. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    They watched too many Bayern games this year.:D Same story just on a different channel. CB are not mobile enough.

16. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It really depends. Zonal marking is harder to execute and as a result riskier but if done right it can be extremely beneficial, especially for a team like Germany. Time will tell what works better but I like that Loew is trying it.

17. Projekt4

Projekt4 Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Lübeck
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL...tell me about it, given that I've lived the majority of my adult years abroad:eek:

Btw, I've noticed that an increasing number of international media outlets speak of the "nationalmannschaft" as Germany's alternative name now, which AFAIR was extremely rare even two years ago during Euro 2008. Someone must have been trying to educate them. Though I'm sure they'll find this long name awkward and look for something sharper. Like Mannschaft.