Match 7 - FRA : ENG - RIZZOLI (ITA)

Discussion in 'Euro 2012: Refereeing' started by MassachusettsRef, Jun 7, 2012.

1. PeanutFlush

PeanutFlush Member

Jul 8, 2009
    NoVa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you talking about? The incident I saw Hart blocked it into Nasri then picked it up. The referee got it right.

MassachusettsRef repped this.
  2. Englishref

Englishref Member

Jul 25, 2004
    London, England
    My memory is fading of who exactly was fouled but there were two very clear cynical fouls that Rizzoli did give free kicks for. One definitely involved a barge off the ball on Chamberlain as Young played him in behind the defence around the halfway line. The other involved a player tripping up Johnson (I think) from behind again, off the ball, as he broke forward to become the furthest forward England player and as a pass was played to him. Both were cases of attacks being broken up as the English players broke through the French midfield and were running at a back tracking defence and both were identified as fouls by Rizzoli but the cynical nature of them was missed and he allowed them to get away with it. That's my point of criticism about his performance, and seemingly Poll agrees with me (though I don't agree with some of Poll's other points).

3. Another NH Ref

Another NH Ref BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 29, 2008
    Southern NH
    In my "best of the day" category, I didn't get to watch the game yesterday so I watched my recording of it this evening with my kids. My 8-year-old, as we were watching the wrap-up from the studio, listened to the first 3 sentences out of Ballack's mouth and then said: "Hey, I LIKE him! He knows what he's talking about!" If only Lalas could hear him! :D

MrPerfectNot repped this.
  4. RedStar91

RedStar91 Member+

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Ynyone know what type of whistle Rizzoli was using? It doesn't look or sound like a Fox 40. It has a very pretty sound.