Match 6: Indy vs. FC Cincinnati, 5/2

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by jeffcoop, May 1, 2018.

1. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems odd to have Cincinnati back in town so soon--it's the kind of thing we saw last year in the diminished NASL, but it's a scheduling quirk in the much larger USL. Nevertheless, here they are, our rivals down I-74. Cincinnati is coming off a strong road win, but the opponents were only hte dismal Ottawa Furries, so the result might be discounted somewhat. Before that, FCC had two draws and a home loss to table-topping Louisville. They're a strong team, but they can be had.

This is the middle game of Indy's three in eight days. The team should be in decent shape for tomorrow night, but then there's a short turnaround for Saturday's noontime match against Louisville, so you have to figure there will be some rotation here.

This will also be a test of Indy's ability to draw a crowd on a Wednesday night, something that will become vitally important in August and September. a look at the ticket map right now shows that there are plenty of seats available, a far cry from the sellout with expanded seating at the home opener.

I won't be in the stadium for this one--it's a school night for my kids, both of whom will have homework to do. But, depending on the result of the Champions League semifinal earlier in the day, I'm hoping to be in the mood to watch it on WNDY.

2. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States